Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:19 AM
United States, FL, Masaryktown
Joined Jun 2008
749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsoar4fun View Post
For those interested I posted a mini review and pics here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1796231
Thanks for posting that mini review, that was a good no bias review.

Regards
Frank
phlpsfrnk is offline Find More Posts by phlpsfrnk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:11 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,390 Posts
Joes cheap ars tip for the day .lol

When i buy gas at speedway they are always offering me a rewards card so i take them all. These are great for spreading epoxy with or taking it away when fiberglassing. . I build with foam too like alot of you and i make control horns and tail skids from these and old credit cards . You can glue these inside wheel pants then run a screw them to hold your pants on.lol For the last 3 years a dumb insurance company got my name and address and sends me 2 insurance cards . I never activate them so the dumb arses keep sending me 2 new ones every couple months for my building collection. They work great for applying spackel or scrapimg it smooth. So from joes cheap ars shop Goodday ! BTW for a extra kick in life you can cut up your girlfriends or wifes credit cards and use them to build your planes . You know the rc ones she is always complaining about. Every time you fly that plane it will put a big smile on your face. joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Last edited by cracksmeup; Jan 17, 2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:23 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,232 Posts
I used to get the "example" credit cards several times a month. Now for some reason they have tapered off. Maybe they finally realized I wasn't going to use them. Problem now is that my supply is running a bit low as I had so many I used them once and threw them away when they could have been cleaned. Hmmm, maybe I should apply for a store credit card so every creditor in the world will start sending solicitations again and I can get a new supply.

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:26 PM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,480 Posts
I know tweezers were mentioned, but as you get older...
not me,, these are real handy, in several sizes.

Kimber is offline Find More Posts by Kimber
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:40 PM
Joined Jun 2009
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber View Post
I know tweezers were mentioned, but as you get older...
not me,, these are real handy, in several sizes.

Ha Ha never needed them . lmao joe
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:44 PM
wood is good
United States, CA, Marina Del Rey
Joined Jun 2012
1,341 Posts
Didn't mind burning your fingers?
loNslo is offline Find More Posts by loNslo
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:50 PM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loNslo View Post
Didn't mind burning your fingers?
There are two kinds of people, those that use them and those
that lie!

These give a way note pads are great for mixing small amounts
of epoxy. Just tear it off and toss it. The epoxy doesn't
soak thru them if you get the heavier ones. Ours came
from Auto Zone, they are free if you ask.

Kimber is offline Find More Posts by Kimber
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:38 PM
Joined Jun 2009
3,390 Posts
I just never needed them i have aways have a girlfriend to hold stuff. BTW i like the postit idea i have been using pieces of scrap foam. joe
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:34 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
On the Credit card issue. Gift cards...... From Walmart, McDonalds, to every resturant in the world, they usually have a stack somewhere tempting you to liberate a few for your collection.

On the mixing pads. I use all the 'free' junk mail advertising post cards that always show up in the mail. The shiny surface allows almost every last trace of glue to be used with my toothpick applicator. On buddy uses old magazines and tears the paper off for a fresh one, same shiny surface to work from.

And Joe, I have seen some of your big old monster planes. Your girl Friend must have lots of credit cards! LOL, JK.

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:39 AM
Joined Jun 2009
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie B View Post
On the Credit card issue. Gift cards...... From Walmart, McDonalds, to every resturant in the world, they usually have a stack somewhere tempting you to liberate a few for your collection.

On the mixing pads. I use all the 'free' junk mail advertising post cards that always show up in the mail. The shiny surface allows almost every last trace of glue to be used with my toothpick applicator. On buddy uses old magazines and tears the paper off for a fresh one, same shiny surface to work from.

And Joe, I have seen some of your big old monster planes. Your girl Friend must have lots of credit cards! LOL, JK.

Fred
Ha Ha Freddie my ex wife sat around and burned up my credit cards so i traded her in for a new and improved girlfriend who has a great job and pays for her own credit cards. Iam happy to see you back in rare form Freddie now finish some of those great foam builds. joe
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:08 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
Arrrrrr, ahoy maty....... arse is me alright. Finish builds? LOL, I'm on sebaticle.. LOL........
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:30 PM
Joined Jun 2009
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Arrrrrr, ahoy maty....... arse is me alright. Finish builds? LOL, I'm on sebaticle.. LOL........
I know how ya feel Freddie i have not worked on a plane in 8 days .I went to my shop and cleaned up the tops of all my tables . I did see a junk man driving down the street yesterday with a nice rubbermaid tuff cart in the back of his truck ,i guess it was for big resturant food trays. I caught him at a light and asked how much and he said 3 bucks but i felt bad and gave him 5 . I should have just gave him 3 because it took 1 1/2 hours to get all the resturant grease off of it. Put all my tools / glue ,squares ,levels on it today so i can roll it around my shop now. joe
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:27 AM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
Nice cart Joe. It's a bit late but a tip for your future use is that the $1.00 a bottle spray cleaner from Dollar Tree Store, called Totaly Awsome (Yellow color) is your friend for removing cooking grease. I used it on some Melamine that had 10 year old yellow goo that even a putty knive didn't stand a chance. T.A. wait a minute, warm water on a paper towel. gone.......... Wish I knew about it back when the slimmy Ex could have been cleaned up before she shipped off......

My shop looks like a war zone, and I lost.......
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:33 PM
Joined Jun 2009
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Nice cart Joe. It's a bit late but a tip for your future use is that the $1.00 a bottle spray cleaner from Dollar Tree Store, called Totaly Awsome (Yellow color) is your friend for removing cooking grease. I used it on some Melamine that had 10 year old yellow goo that even a putty knive didn't stand a chance. T.A. wait a minute, warm water on a paper towel. gone.......... Wish I knew about it back when the slimmy Ex could have been cleaned up before she shipped off......

My shop looks like a war zone, and I lost.......
I will try some of that cleaner ,with my ten year old there is always some gooy mess somewhere. I got the cart finaly clean then me and the boy had some cart riding fun on the hard woood floors , Some how the girlfriend wasent having as much fun as we were. Oh well it was my new cart and i told her just for complaing about making wheel marks on the floor she could not ride it. joe
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:56 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
I will try some of that cleaner ,with my ten year old there is always some gooy mess somewhere. I got the cart finaly clean then me and the boy had some cart riding fun on the hard woood floors , Some how the girlfriend wasent having as much fun as we were. Oh well it was my new cart and i told her just for complaing about making wheel marks on the floor she could not ride it. joe
LOL. When you finally give in and give her a ride on the cart, Video please....... Better yet, Joe riding on cart, girlfriend watching, video please........ Sure to be a YouTube hit I'm sure.

I told mine yesterday all I ever hear is complaining. Told her she should be happy to live in a big old house, not needing to work a job, having everything paid for by someone else , etc, etc...... Just one positive comment once in a while, geeeeze. I need a biker chick or something, LMAO

Fred