SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:48 AM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_S View Post
It says it is a V2 Crius/Neo 6. What I am trying is to change the "ports" baudrate to 38400 and then click "send". This starts the timer and it runs on forever. I do get sats and all the graphs on baud 9600 though, unitl I tried to load the 3dr Ublox.txt file..
The 3DR txt file is for the LEA 6 not the NEO 6 .. dont think it works on the NEO 6.. although havent tried..

Once you have changed the baud rate on the NEO 6 you need to save to EEPROM.. or when it reboots it will return to 9600.....there are four tick boxes if I remember.. just tick them all.

You will then need to reconnect to the GPS at 38400 baud in Ucentre... or you wont see anything... Just check that its working at 38400 baud ok.. then connect back to APM..

You can then check the GPS in Mission Planer in the terminal window under tests.. you can check no of sats etc
Jumpy07 is online now Find More Posts by Jumpy07
Last edited by Jumpy07; Nov 11, 2012 at 08:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:06 AM
Videopilot
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2009
2,721 Posts
Very sad i must ask, but what do I do to make it write to the EEPROM? I thought selecting "send" in the config view may do it, or perhaps "save parameters"?

I think I have it as the U center now shows the graphs as populated when on baud 38400, but still not indicating a fix. I connected to the APM and it doesnt read all this data....yet.

edit: I guess i should say that the "Fix Mode" portion of the data indicates "no fix" as pictured.
Derek_S is offline Find More Posts by Derek_S
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Derek_S; Nov 11, 2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:10 AM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Very sad i must ask, but what do I do to make it write to the EEPROM? I thought selecting "send" in the config view may do it, or perhaps "save parameters"?
Think it just saves it for current session.. you need to save to EEPROM so it uses new setting on reboot.

Saving parameters with UBX-CFG-CFG
1) Connect to the device.
2) Open View / Message View.
3) Select UBX-CFG-CFG window.
4) Select “save current configuration”

See screen shot attached..

The V2 Neo is much better as the V1 didnt have an EEPROM .. .
Last edited by Jumpy07; Nov 11, 2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:15 AM
Videopilot
Joined May 2009
2,721 Posts
I probably should have sprung for the LEA gps but given this was my 1st experience with APM, I decided to be cheap and see how well I like it.

BTW guys, ordered mine on October 25, got it on November 09 with standard shipping.\
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Iconic X
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:20 AM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
I probably should have sprung for the LEA gps but given this was my 1st experience with APM, I decided to be cheap and see how well I like it.

BTW guys, ordered mine on October 25, got it on November 09 with standard shipping.\
Nothing wrong with the NE0 6 V2 ... have have one and a LEA 6.. performance is very similar from tests I have done.. LEA 6 has slightly bigger antenna...

I have a second APM 2.5 on order and will be using a NEO6 V2 on it..
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:23 AM
Videopilot
Joined May 2009
2,721 Posts
Yeah, it is indicating that I have a nice handful of sats, but never "locks" or indicates a HDOP value.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:28 AM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
404 Posts
[QUOTE=Derek_S;23240233]Yeah, it is indicating that I have a nice handful of sats, but never "locks" or indicates a HDOP value.[/QUOTE

Is this in Mission Planner or uCentre ?

You can usually get a 2D lock pretty quick... 3D for lock in HUD in Mission Planner takes a bit longer ..
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:31 AM
Videopilot
Joined May 2009
2,721 Posts
Edit: I think it is working in MP now.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:56 AM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Edit: I think it is working in MP now.
Result.. good one..
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:11 PM
Joined Mar 2011
310 Posts
Hello Everybody,

Buying this kit we are saving more than 100USD from the original, but with the exception of the GPS, were can we get the rest of the sensors?
The airspeed sensor, the Current sensor, and the ultrasonic. Have to be everything "original" or there is any clones?

Geotete
geotete is offline Find More Posts by geotete
Last edited by geotete; Nov 12, 2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:44 PM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotete View Post
Hello Everybody,

Buying this kit we are saving more than 100USD from the original, but with the exception of the GPS, were can we get the rest of the sensors?
The airspeed sensor, the Current sensor, and the ultrasonic. Have to be everything "original" or there is any clones?

Geotete
At the end of my guide have included links for sources for other sensors.. various choices for most of them...

Maxsonar ultrasonic.. only made by them.. but sold by a few companies..
Attopilot.. various choices.. made by a few different companies as far as I can see..
Airspeed I havent looked at..
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:56 PM
Videopilot
Joined May 2009
2,721 Posts
This may be worthy of adding to the list, but I have not tested one yet. I ordered it today, if and when I get it I will report back, but i have read it is nearly identical to the 3dr one except it has a linear reg which on later versions of the 3DR one is replaced with a switching reg.

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/on-screen...and-apm-2.html
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:56 PM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpy07 View Post
At the end of my guide have included links for sources for other sensors.. various choices for most of them...

Attopilot.. various choices.. made by a few different companies as far as I can see..
I appreciate all the effort everyone is putting into the information provide here. After having my Naza for many months I think it's time to delve into the "deep" end of flight controllers. I will be following the posts and modifying my wish list for Santa.
Mike Freas is offline Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:02 PM
Videopilot
Joined May 2009
2,721 Posts
Well you can certainly have 2 of these for the cost of a naza+gps. Although I have never flown naza, I just got back from the tennis court flying my hex with this APM 2.5 and I am very happy with it considering it has had no tuning so far. Not perfect out of the box, but I see tons of potential.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:17 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,520 Posts
Quote:
This may be worthy of adding to the list, but I have not tested one yet. I ordered it today, if and when I get it I will report back, but i have read it is nearly identical to the 3dr one except it has a linear reg which on later versions of the 3DR one is replaced with a switching reg.

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/on-screen...and-apm-2.html
I pulled the trigger on one of those the day after ordering my AFM2.5+neo6+3dr combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpy07 View Post

I plan on getting a Maxsonar "XL-0", attopilot 180, and Micro Maestro from Sparkfun. The Maestro wouldn't count as a sensor; it's for antenna tracking. I know DIYdrones sells the airspeed sensor... not sure who else does.

Kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite