HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:17 AM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger_mouse View Post
Makes things a bit more convenient. Doesn't mention it on the combo pages yet. You can get the combo with a 433mhz data link now.

You got yours flying yet Jumpy? It has been very windy of late here, not much flying happening.
Still waiting on new motors.. I will be using the APM 2.5 on a Turnigy HAL frame for FPV use.. have the Ultrasonic tested and working, also got the LEA 6 up and running.. along with some F-30A's with SimonK .. will have a similar setup to my Crius AIO.. 3DR's, MinimOSD, Attopilot and also have a JD-IO board for LED's.. my next test is the PPM Sum / CPPM setup for my FrSky rx..

Hopeing by early next week all the bits will be here.. no hurry as weather here is dire at the moment as well...so as I test and progress I am updating the guide as well..
Jumpy07 is offline Find More Posts by Jumpy07
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:19 AM
Joined Dec 2007
89 Posts
subscribe
ibooo is offline Find More Posts by ibooo
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:52 AM
United States, MI, Dearborn Heights
Joined Dec 2009
250 Posts
Anyone planning to install or already installed an optical flow sensor on this board? I have one on the way.
RaySuave is offline Find More Posts by RaySuave
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:05 AM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySuave View Post
Anyone planning to install or already installed an optical flow sensor on this board? I have one on the way.
Had been thinking about it... from v2.8 its supported on the APM 2.5 but from reports it has some limitations

I guess the main application is rock steady position hold for camera work..

Will be interested on how you get on.. let us know..
Jumpy07 is offline Find More Posts by Jumpy07
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:43 PM
Principal Member
San Francisco, CA
Joined Jun 2002
961 Posts
has anyone other than me had problems getting this from RCtimer? seems like they ship the board but it never leaves HongKong???
compuatic is offline Find More Posts by compuatic
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:45 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
753 Posts
mine was said to have been shipped on the 25th oct still not here,Marty
NEAGRON is offline Find More Posts by NEAGRON
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:06 PM
Australia, QLD, Gatton
Joined Jan 2007
931 Posts
I ordered mine on the 25th and it turned up on the 30th. I payed extra for the "express post" option. It showed as shipped the next day, but I didn't get any tracking info. It was sent via DHL.

I've only had one order previously from rctimer and that was for some props using the free shipping option. They took 3 weeks.
danger_mouse is offline Find More Posts by danger_mouse
Last edited by danger_mouse; Nov 08, 2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:11 PM
Australia, QLD, Gatton
Joined Jan 2007
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEAGRON View Post
Thats very encouarageing,what GPS are you useing,look forward to further reports of your progress,Marty.
Hey Marty, I got the RC Timer combo with the Crius CN-06 V2 GPS (NEO-6M) and 915mhz telemetry modems. Doug.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:30 PM
Multicopter Nut
Romania, Bucharest
Joined Dec 2011
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuatic View Post
has anyone other than me had problems getting this from RCtimer? seems like they ship the board but it never leaves HongKong???
Last set of packages, from HobbyKing and GLB is 1 week late, and tracking in hkpost is useless. Status is from 10 days ago.
Seems there's some trouble with chinese customs.
ThePara is online now Find More Posts by ThePara
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:39 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
753 Posts
Doug,thank you for that,yours,Marty
NEAGRON is offline Find More Posts by NEAGRON
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:45 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2004
93 Posts
I ordered the RC Timer combo with the Crius CN-06 V2 GPS (NEO-6M) and 915mhz telemetry on 11/5 with the "express" option. I'll post when it arrives. The site doesn't show any status of shipping. Last time I used SingPost from Hobby King it took nearly a month and the box looked like it was kicked all the way here.
jmkirsch is offline Find More Posts by jmkirsch
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:44 PM
Gone Multicoptering
Joined Oct 2012
38 Posts
I got my Arduflyer clone, alone with an RC Timer GPS and 3DR. I uploaded the latest firmware to it from the MissionPlanner. Everything works fine when connected to USB, I can see all the Mavlink data. But I cannot get it to work over the 3DR (powered by battery, USB disconnected). Mavlink keeps timeing out, but I can see there is lots of data being received by the USB 3DR module.

This screenshot shows the data coming down into Microsoft HyperTerminal, yet MissionPlanner says no heartbeat packets are being sent.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

(The 3DR modules are configured correctly).
bwww is offline Find More Posts by bwww
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:23 PM
Australia, QLD, Gatton
Joined Jan 2007
931 Posts
On the cable between the FC and 3DR air module, are your connections: gnd to gnd, 5v to 5v, tx to rx and rx to tx?
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:39 PM
KK4NZS
Virginia
Joined Sep 2006
1,429 Posts
Guys please do post some videos
Nelapaty is offline Find More Posts by Nelapaty
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:43 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkirsch View Post
I ordered the RC Timer combo with the Crius CN-06 V2 GPS (NEO-6M) and 915mhz telemetry on 11/5 with the "express" option. I'll post when it arrives. The site doesn't show any status of shipping. Last time I used SingPost from Hobby King it took nearly a month and the box looked like it was kicked all the way here.
Subscribed... last night I was on the edge of my seat deciding if I was going to go express or not. I've got lots of other rc projects to tide me over for a month, but I'm hoping my APM2.5+GPS+433 combo arrives in one piece. I also ordered that $20 minimOSD from goodluckbuy today; sorta curious to see who gets here first. I've been reading lots about problems with Chinese customs the past week. Wonder what's going on over there... no major storms or holidays that I'm aware of? Anyways I'll post my results after it arrives... it's going in an existing FPV quad.

Kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite