SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:10 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyfatboy View Post
The GPS is fine. You'll have to order from 3DR if you want it assembled and/or with a case.
Ok that sucks. It's pricey from them. What do you guys honestly think of it? How well does it fly compared to a naza? Also what all do I need to add a OSD to this? I seen like a minimal OSD on there site. Does it come with all cables etc that I can just plug my camera into it? And it will see all the info like from the GPS on the adrupilot?
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:25 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
What the heck is the best GPS to get lol? I'm trying to figure out what is good to order. I want my apm2.5 assembled if possible with the case etc but I don't think the rctimer one comes assembled or with a case and a good GPS etc.
i think this seller will solder the headers on request, i have cn-06 gps and apm board on order.
http://www.uavobjects.com/index.php?...roller=product
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:43 PM
Click eagle to read my blog
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
5,114 Posts
Quote:
What the heck is the best GPS to get lol? I'm trying to figure out what is good to order. I want my apm2.5 assembled if possible with the case etc but I don't think the rctimer one comes assembled or with a case and a good GPS etc.
The best GPS is Rctimer CN-06 V2 without any doubt whatsoever it has an excellent antenna design, Better than LEA-6H

The small battery on the board is only held by 2 small solder points and could fall off - use some hot glue to ensure the battery stays in place and does not place strain on the 2 small battery solder connections.
jabram is offline Find More Posts by jabram
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:22 AM
Quiet Achiever
Joined Feb 2008
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabram View Post
Wish I could help you but I never use avrdude, plenty that do maybe someone else will chime in, don't do it until you know exactly what to do is my advice, not a good idea to experiment, not much room for error here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin View Post
i think this seller will solder the headers on request, i have cn-06 gps and apm board on order.
http://www.uavobjects.com/index.php?...roller=product
Yep,
I will have more in Stock by Wednesday...But that shipment is about sold out....as far as Cases...I designed these for myself, but I'm getting a lot of requests for them now too...I've ordered Fiber Optic to place into the cases as an LED Light Pipe so you can see the board status..outside the case

I also designed an area over the Barometer to block wind and light

Here, they are installed on my RCTimer Hexa Build

RYBAT is offline Find More Posts by RYBAT
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RYBAT; Dec 30, 2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:54 AM
Joined Apr 2012
524 Posts
Hey I know this is off topic but How long does it take Rctimer to ship the board after they have recieved the payment....and how do you check if they have shipped or not....I found the website very crude to use...I am used to the DIY drones and HK style account management.....I went to "My account"-"My Order " and it has been showing order verified and paid ...but nothing else when I view the order there is no mention of when It is going to be shipped...all there is ..are details of my order...
Akcopter is offline Find More Posts by Akcopter
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:59 AM
Joined Apr 2012
524 Posts
Quote:
Ok that sucks. It's pricey from them. What do you guys honestly think of it? How well does it fly compared to a naza? Also what all do I need to add a OSD to this? I seen like a minimal OSD on there site. Does it come with all cables etc that I can just plug my camera into it? And it will see all the info like from the GPS on the adrupilot?
http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/naza-m-vs-apm-2
Check out this link for comparision with the naza...there is a minimosd for 18.99$ on the HK site but after the Multiwii and megapirateNG AIOP blunder...I am wary of HK.....
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:04 AM
Sweden
Sweden, Stockholm County, Djurö
Joined Apr 2012
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akcopter View Post
Hey I know this is off topic but How long does it take Rctimer to ship the board after they have recieved the payment....and how do you check if they have shipped or not....I found the website very crude to use...I am used to the DIY drones and HK style account management.....I went to "My account"-"My Order " and it has been showing order verified and paid ...but nothing else when I view the order there is no mention of when It is going to be shipped...all there is ..are details of my order...
This is how my order looks like when shipped:
Order Item Date Order Status Order Total Handle
20121217060027 2012-12-17 Shipped [Paid] 92.65 View Order

And when looking on the tab "view order" I have the tracking number, which I can then check on Honkong Post tracking site.
http://app3.hongkongpost.com/CGI/mt/enquiry.jsp

BUT, it seems during the holidays it takes time

The above order has not yet arrived.
tvbcom is online now Find More Posts by tvbcom
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:23 AM
Click eagle to read my blog
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
5,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbcom View Post
This is how my order looks like when shipped:
Order Item Date Order Status Order Total Handle
20121217060027 2012-12-17 Shipped [Paid] 92.65 View Order

And when looking on the tab "view order" I have the tracking number, which I can then check on Honkong Post tracking site.
http://app3.hongkongpost.com/CGI/mt/enquiry.jsp

BUT, it seems during the holidays it takes time

The above order has not yet arrived.
I have seen exactly that but I have also experienced the order just turning up without updates in my account.
jabram is offline Find More Posts by jabram
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:37 AM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
ordered the 915 mhz radios (on sale at RCT) 11/20, tracking shows accepted HK post 11/22, processed sort facility HK 12/15, the trail ends there, probably in customs here, but for $2 shipping i'm not complaining.
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:16 AM
Auckland New Zealand
Joined Sep 2010
1,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin View Post
ordered the 915 mhz radios (on sale at RCT) 11/20, tracking shows accepted HK post 11/22, processed sort facility HK 12/15, the trail ends there, probably in customs here, but for $2 shipping i'm not complaining.
He he my whole kit has shown "picked up" since the 14 dec. lol $3 that's what you get. All good
BigJimNZ is offline Find More Posts by BigJimNZ
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:35 AM
Videopilot
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2009
2,721 Posts
Quote:
I think it flies great so far to me. Never had Naza as I think it is way overpriced. To add OSD you need soldering skills, a lot of reading, and probably the ability to make your own cables and harnesses. It is not PNP, although not what I would call a difficult DIY either. I would say this APM clone takes a good bit of reading, tweaking, and testing to get where you want it to be. So just be aware of that. All the info is here, but you will have to be ready to spend probably a couple weeks at least flying, reading, testing, etc..
Derek_S is offline Find More Posts by Derek_S
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Iconic X
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:55 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,884 Posts
yes it seem this board is the best value
code seem to be better day after day and the hardware is the best components that we can found actually..
own if actually dji is a little better i think it will not the case long time.....
titeuf007 is online now Find More Posts by titeuf007
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:50 PM
Joined Apr 2012
524 Posts
Hi Jabram I know this an old issue and some poster asked you about this but I am curious about it now that I have finally brought the rctimer arduflyer.....does the 3dr radio clone supplied by rctimer have more noise and lead to corrupted data packets to be recieved over time while flying at a distance and does it have a weaker radio link......have you ever tried to test the range on the 3dradio....supplied by rctimer and the one from DIY drones......
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:07 AM
Quiet Achiever
Joined Feb 2008
1,529 Posts
Site Crash after Update!

I just had the most grueling Weekend Ever!...My webstore came out with an update...they do about once a month...so, I just hit the update button without a backup....Holly Crap! it was loaded with bugs. It corrupted my database and scripts by not including essential tables..what a mess...I had to rebuild in phases to recover my customers, orders and products....

All fixed after 31 hours.... I need to go fly...after I sleep...Leave message if you need me...I'll answer around noon.....Happy New Year

www.uavobjects.com
RYBAT is offline Find More Posts by RYBAT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Build Logs
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:36 AM
Latvija
Joined Nov 2010
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by janissav View Post
Hello.

I have this OSD with GPS: http://www.goodluckbuy.com/cyclops-n...ensor-fpv.html
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/images/de...ku_80239_5.jpg

Does this fit my GPS for APM2.5?
Ports will fit? 5pin cable
Maybe someone can confirm or deny if my GPS will fit old style Connectors?

Or best GPS of this: http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...3&productname= ?
janissav is offline Find More Posts by janissav