Closed Thread
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:40 AM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
Sweden, Uppsala County, Balsta
Joined Jun 2012
1,146 Posts
@Porsche
Kewl. Any videos?

Do you have 3D-fix before arming/flying. If you do it should work as you describe, if you really are in Auto.
Any telemetry logs?
Thinking out loud here -> Could it have to do with WPT-altitudes and home altitude?

/J
JNJO is offline Find More Posts by JNJO
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:42 PM
Joined Jul 2011
20 Posts
No video sorry! I haven't got the fpv setup on there yet... Next flight I will fo sho.

I do have telem logs, I'll pm them to you this afternoon. What do you think about the altitudes? If the altitudes are different will the AP refuse to fly the mission?

Also how does the plane tell you that it's flying the mission, are the waypoints supposed to change colour or something? I think I need to go back to the beginning to work it all out.
EverydayPorsche is offline Find More Posts by EverydayPorsche
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:49 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,146 Posts
Logs will make it easier to understand what happens.

AFAIK, the indicator for a mission is only the text "AUTO" in missionplanner, but that only tells you that AUTO is selected, not that it's actually flying a mission.
No colour change on the wpt:s, but if you have telemetry (or play back the logs in missionplanner) you'll see the orange bearing line pointing to next wpt, when you switch to AUTO.

/J
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:27 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,576 Posts
Noob question please: I am new to MegaPirate, can I first install MultiWiiCopter to make sure my copter is flight ready, then load MegaPirate? Are the Motor Pinouts the same?

Thank you.
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:07 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,146 Posts
Yes you can install MultiWii first and later change to MPNG.
The pinout will be different however.
Lots of info in the beginning of this thread and the corresponding MultiWii on this board at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1726790
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:13 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,576 Posts
Thank you.
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:38 PM
Joined Nov 2011
12 Posts
First let me start by saying I've searched and searched for the answer to this both on here and google but haven't found anything that works.

Hey guys, I have the Witespy board and loaded MultiWii to it no problem. When I try to load MPNG to the board I get the following error message:

C:\Documents and Settings\Home\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\AP_GPS\AP_GPS_MTK19.cp p: In member function 'virtual void AP_GPS_MTK19::init(GPS::GPS_Engine_Setting)':
C:\Documents and Settings\Home\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\AP_GPS\AP_GPS_MTK19.cp p:48: error: 'MTK_NAVTHRES_OFF' was not declared in this scope

Thanks in advance.
-Jon
jneubs is offline Find More Posts by jneubs
Last edited by jneubs; Feb 15, 2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:28 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,146 Posts
@jneubs
Looks like you have a problem with your libraries or path to them.
I'd start from scratch. Delete/uninstall Arduino and the arduino directories under \My Documents, and start over, using post #1 as reference.

Fwiw, this has nothing to do with your board. It's something that's wrong with your setup on your computer.

/J
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:21 PM
Joined Nov 2011
12 Posts
JNJO Thanks. I'll try that when I get home.

Jon
jneubs is offline Find More Posts by jneubs
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:51 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Anybody did try already the MegaPiareNG 2.9 R5 ?

The APM MegaPairate is a big step forward compared to 2.8 ... especially for navigation and baro handling ...

I just finish to test my HK MegaPirateNG at home (it hover fine indoor my quad ;-) )

But, maybe I should try to download the beta version from : https://code.google.com/p/megapirate...e/detail?r=284 ... and give a try.

PS: Accelerometer level is not looking very clear to me ... as well ... I was hoping to find a command for invoke this level calibration, and as well, some command for trim it, like multiWii is able to do ... but I can not find it out ..
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:05 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
I'm playing now with version 2.9.1

So far so good.

I also decided to add FrSky telemetry support, but since I hate the inverter, I made the inverter on the board :

Serial 3 push out the FrSky telemetry stuffs
Serial 1 is disabled

RX from Serial 1 ... will push on Serial TX the inverted signal.

So, just a cable from TX3 to RX1, and TX1 to FrSky received ... and ... it works fine

So ... I think I'm sharing my code so far ... not much changes done actually.

Notice I'm using the PPM signal ... so only 1 cable connected from RX to board.

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:54 AM
Joined May 2012
387 Posts
Quick question I have a bluetooth module that is set up for Multi-wii, can this work in megapirate? Reason I would want to use it is to do things like calibrate the mag and such without having to have the usb connected.
mrscsi is offline Find More Posts by mrscsi
Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:02 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscsi View Post
Quick question I have a bluetooth module that is set up for Multi-wii, can this work in megapirate? Reason I would want to use it is to do things like calibrate the mag and such without having to have the usb connected.
Sure

You can plug the bluetooth module on serial 3 with stock megapirateNG
Just check the speed configured on mega pirate and on you Bluetooth module (guess Bluetooth is 115k' and serial 3 is 56k, so change the megapiraeNG config)

Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:19 AM
Joined May 2012
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Sure

You can plug the bluetooth module on serial 3 with stock megapirateNG
Just check the speed configured on mega pirate and on you Bluetooth module (guess Bluetooth is 115k' and serial 3 is 56k, so change the megapiraeNG config)

Cool I just got the board today and will be soldering in the extra pins for the other serial ports tomorrow. I never heard of connecting to serial 3 the only thing I had heard of was serial 0 for multi-wii.
mrscsi is offline Find More Posts by mrscsi
Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:36 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscsi View Post
Cool I just got the board today and will be soldering in the extra pins for the other serial ports tomorrow. I never heard of connecting to serial 3 the only thing I had heard of was serial 0 for multi-wii.
You have 4 serial now ...

In theory you can connect to serial 0 (adding the two pin), but you will be in parallel with USB, so maybe it is problematic.

But, MegaPirateNG replicate serial 0 (USB) on serial 3

Serial 1 is of OSC

Serial 2 is for GPS

Closed Thread