SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:52 PM
Quadcopter Addict
Joined Nov 2011
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justk1w1 View Post
After a lot of testing and trying different versions I notice a recent fix posted in the code for release 29 r3 - r278 in code.Google.com. this fixes the account issue and I have been able to calibrate and test fly in stable. Still have to play with the pies - the defaults caused aggressive wobble, flip and crash - now got it stable but very touchy to control. Have a heap to learn but looking good.

Anyone know what toy mode is?

JK
Same here, accel calibration is working for me in 2.9
oddcopter is offline Find More Posts by oddcopter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:05 PM
Australia, NSW
Joined Sep 2006
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by albe359 View Post
hi i have a problem when i want put the megapirates...i have a message in arduino:
AP_Int16 does not a name type....
what mean?who help me
Make sure you are actually opening the project after you run arduino, rather than just hitting compile.
LegendLength is offline Find More Posts by LegendLength
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:43 PM
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
Megapirate 2.9 r283

Maby this is not allowed but i downloaded the v2.9 r283 and for the people that are not able to get it from the google site can get it here. I have tried it quickly and the gyro and compass do not work tomorrow i will try to get things working if i can manage so it's not ready to use
ettepet is offline Find More Posts by ettepet
Last edited by ettepet; Jan 31, 2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:29 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ettepet View Post
Maby this is not allowed but i downloaded the v2.9 r283 and for the people that are not able to get it from the google site can get it here. I have tried it quickly and the gyro and compass do not work tomorrow i will try to get things working if i can manage so it's not ready to use
I was still on 2.8

What is difference between 2.9 and 2.8 ?
Assuming you can make it work ...
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:31 PM
Joined Nov 2011
41 Posts
I added A0 and A1 pinouts to this board. I can comfirm battery monitoring and current sensing from MP and Minimosd...it works. I understand that this board is meant for MultiwiiI, but they could have easily made solder points for A0-A5. See quote.
Quote:
Today i had a closer look to the pins A0, A1, A2, A3, A4 and A5 of the CRIUS AIO PRO.
These pins are connected directly to the ATmega2560 Analog to Digital Converter.
This means we can use this pins for example as LiPo voltage checker for each cell (max 6S) when connected to the balancer connector of the LiPo !

The AVCC pin of the ATmega2560 (pin 100) is connected to 5V.
So we can convert analog values between 0V and 5V to 10Bit digital values.

Each of these pins can also be used as normal digtal input or output pin.

Here are the pins:

A0 <-> Atmega2560 pin 97 PF0 (ADC0)
A1 <-> Atmega2560 pin 96 PF1 (ADC1)
A2 <-> Atmega2560 pin 95 PF2 (ADC2)
A3 <-> Atmega2560 pin 94 PF3 (ADC3)
A4 <-> Atmega2560 pin 93 PF4 (ADC4)
A5 <-> Atmega2560 pin 92 PF5 (ADC5)

See also the Atmel manual of the Atmega2560
Warning: this mod requires some fine soldering skills and tools for fine soldering. Donot attempt or you could damage your FC.
hitinson is offline Find More Posts by hitinson
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:14 AM
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
I was still on 2.8
What is difference between 2.9 and 2.8 ?
Assuming you can make it work ...
I'm very sorry but i did not have the time to do some futher testing and looking in to the code.but if you want to know the difference between versions you can look:
http://code.google.com/p/megapirateng/source/list
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:31 PM
AMA 697691
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Aug 2000
8,457 Posts
Finally, it's back in stock at HK!

In the US, you can find it here.
Greg Covey is offline Find More Posts by Greg Covey
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Greg's Web Hangar
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:26 PM
Joined Nov 2011
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Covey View Post
Finally, it's back in stock at HK!

In the US, you can find it here.
Now that I have familiarized myself with Megapirate and this board, I will highly suggest all newcomers try Rctimer's Arduflyer instead. It only cost $139 with GPS and 3dr telementry included. It is more cost effective considering all the extra time saved avoiding Megapirate and fiddling with an entry level FC with old sensors.
hitinson is offline Find More Posts by hitinson
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:48 PM
AMA 697691
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Aug 2000
8,457 Posts
Or for $79 you can get the MultiWii Pro 2 board and uBlox 6M GPS which contains the same processor and sensors as the RCTimer ArduFlyer Kit v2.5. Add another $49 for the 3DR Radio Telemetry Kit.

Either way, both deals are better sensors and great value!
Greg Covey is offline Find More Posts by Greg Covey
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Greg's Web Hangar
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:34 PM
Joined Jul 2011
23 Posts
Hey Lobstermash - had our first flight using your augmented arduplane code the other day. Flew beautifully. Stabilise and RTH both worked perfectly. The only problem was that I couldn't get it to fly a mission. Is it a matter of simply picking the waypoints in MP, uploading, and then switching to auto mode during flight? It seemed like whenever we switched it to auto it would RTH... Otherwise really happy with my first AP experience.
EverydayPorsche is offline Find More Posts by EverydayPorsche
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:32 AM
Joined Jul 2012
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayPorsche View Post
Hey Lobstermash - had our first flight using your augmented arduplane code the other day. Flew beautifully. Stabilise and RTH both worked perfectly. The only problem was that I couldn't get it to fly a mission. Is it a matter of simply picking the waypoints in MP, uploading, and then switching to auto mode during flight? It seemed like whenever we switched it to auto it would RTH... Otherwise really happy with my first AP experience.
Unfortunately I killed my board before I got to try waypoints, but yes, it should be a matter of picking the waypoints, uploading them to the board in MP, and switching to auto. Often the home position gets saved as the first waypoint by default too.
lobstermash is offline Find More Posts by lobstermash
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:01 AM
Joined Oct 2012
14 Posts
I just bought this board from witespy (http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/fli...ontroller.html) but with the MTK GPS with it. I was wanting to make sure the MegaPirate firmware will work with the 2.0 board as well as the waypoint navigation if I follow the directions on the first post.

Any and all thanks
krobjenk is offline Find More Posts by krobjenk
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:12 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,175 Posts
The second line in the first post addresses your question.

Better follow this thread better

Quote:
Originally Posted by krobjenk View Post
I just bought this board from witespy (http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/fli...ontroller.html) but with the MTK GPS with it. I was wanting to make sure the MegaPirate firmware will work with the 2.0 board as well as the waypoint navigation if I follow the directions on the first post.

Any and all thanks
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:46 PM
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ettepet View Post
I'm very sorry but i did not have the time to do some futher testing and looking in to the code.but if you want to know the difference between versions you can look:
http://code.google.com/p/megapirateng/source/list
I have this release working, no changes i don't know what when wrong the first time but i have reloaded this version and it works no problems so far and the calibration is working that was the reason why i tried this version.
Last edited by ettepet; Feb 09, 2013 at 06:47 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:59 AM
Joined Jul 2011
23 Posts
Hey guys, went for another fly today and couldn't get the plane to follow waypoints. I was able to right click in flight planner and choose a point and it would fly to it, but then would just loiter there... Can anyone tell me if there's something I'm not doing to get it to fly a mission?? I click the points and upload waypoints, then set to auto mode. And it will just rth.
EverydayPorsche is offline Find More Posts by EverydayPorsche
Closed Thread