HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:04 PM
Australia, NSW
Joined Sep 2006
138 Posts
Probably make sure you don't have an incorrect 'libraries' folder in arduino folder too. It's an easy trap if you're playing with different versions of MPNG.
LegendLength is offline Find More Posts by LegendLength
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:27 PM
Australia, NSW
Joined Sep 2006
138 Posts
Would it be possible to run ardupilot rather than megapirate on these boards? Does anyone know how much code difference there is approximately?

I assume it can't be done hence the reason MPNG exists in the first place as it's main goal is to port ardupilot to mega boards. But I'd love to be able to skip MPNG and just run ardu because it has much more development behind it.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:59 AM
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
5,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendLength View Post
Would it be possible to run ardupilot rather than megapirate on these boards? Does anyone know how much code difference there is approximately?

I assume it can't be done hence the reason MPNG exists in the first place as it's main goal is to port ardupilot to mega boards. But I'd love to be able to skip MPNG and just run ardu because it has much more development behind it.
I think it could be done BUT what do you achieve, it could be done by editing the code and each new version you would have to edit also. You would be better off to Buy the 100% same as APM 2.5 at a much lower price Arduflyer from Rctimer,

you can buy just ArduFlyer http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...8&productname=

or bundled with CN-06 V2 GPS and 3DRadio.http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...7&productname= the photo on their website only shows the Air Station 3DRadio, it does come with both the Air and the Ground USB 3DRradio stations and all the cables ready to connect plus spare cables.

I am currently using the Rctimer ArduFlyer bundled with CN-06 V2 GPS and 3DRadio 433 Mhz, I can't fault it, highly recommended. No issues whatsoever.

With Arduflyer 100% APM 2.5 you don't have to edit any code and any new firmware upgrade is done easily from within mission planner. Well documented, schematics and all..
jabram is offline Find More Posts by jabram
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:51 AM
Auckland New Zealand
Joined Sep 2010
1,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabram View Post
I think it could be done BUT what do you achieve, it could be done by editing the code and each new version you would have to edit also. You would be better off to Buy the 100% same as APM 2.5 at a much lower price Arduflyer from Rctimer,

you can buy just ArduFlyer http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...8&productname=

or bundled with CN-06 V2 GPS and 3DRadio.http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...7&productname= the photo on their website only shows the Air Station 3DRadio, it does come with both the Air and the Ground USB 3DRradio stations and all the cables ready to connect plus spare cables.

I am currently using the Rctimer ArduFlyer bundled with CN-06 V2 GPS and 3DRadio 433 Mhz, I can't fault it, highly recommended. No issues whatsoever.

With Arduflyer 100% APM 2.5 you don't have to edit any code and any new firmware upgrade is done easily from within mission planner. Well documented, schematics and all..
I like to muck around and experiment thus the reason for getting this board and the updated one from witespyquad.
Given your knowledge on this type of kit I'm curious to know what would be your pick of the bunch from a plug and pray perspective.
Cheers
Ian
BigJimNZ is offline Find More Posts by BigJimNZ
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:17 AM
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
5,392 Posts
@BigJimNZ

Have a look at post #383 a couple of pages back in this thread, that should answer your question.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=383
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:45 AM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Беларусь, Минская область, Минск
Joined Sep 2011
705 Posts
Quote:

MPNG Project is what you taking about. It just adopt Arducopter to mega boards. The main difference in sensors. All other code is same with Arducopter.
Sir Alex is online now Find More Posts by Sir Alex
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:48 AM
Auckland New Zealand
Joined Sep 2010
1,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabram View Post
@BigJimNZ

Have a look at post #383 a couple of pages back in this thread, that should answer your question.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=383
Thanks.
I have read this whole thread but musta skipped a bit.
I'm lying here in hospital after a spine operation and things get a bit hazy.
BigJimNZ is offline Find More Posts by BigJimNZ
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:29 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined Sep 2006
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
MPNG Project is what you taking about. It just adopt Arducopter to mega boards. The main difference in sensors. All other code is same with Arducopter.
Thanks alex. But how up to date is it?

I've been looking over the MPNG code for the last few hours and i'm trying to get a list of changes although I don't even know what version of APM the current MPNG code is merged with. My goal is to create a list of code changes so that anyone can port APM to these boards (and publish it on MPNG wiki).
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:41 AM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Беларусь, Минская область, Минск
Joined Sep 2011
705 Posts
Quote:
Thanks alex. But how up to date is it?

I've been looking over the MPNG code for the last few hours and i'm trying to get a list of changes although I don't even know what version of APM the current MPNG code is merged with. My goal is to create a list of code changes so that anyone can port APM to these boards (and publish it on MPNG wiki).
2.8.1a Porting procedure can not be easily described
Sir Alex is online now Find More Posts by Sir Alex
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:49 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined Sep 2006
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
2.8.1a Porting procedure can not be easily described
Heh I'm realizing that slowly. Are you the alex from the project?
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:13 AM
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
5,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimNZ View Post
Thanks.
I have read this whole thread but musta skipped a bit.
I'm lying here in hospital after a spine operation and things get a bit hazy.
Jim, I hope you are well soon, putting your spare time to good use I see.

Reading the code is nearly as exciting as reading the phone book not easy to put all the pieces and their interactions together in your mind.

Thanks Sir Alex for all your hard work which has made it possible for us to be enjoying Megapirates NG, much appreciated.

Joe
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:41 AM
USA, MD, Glen Burnie
Joined Sep 2008
130 Posts
Hello Joe
OK I tried to relaod mega pirates
Deleted Ardino 1.01 File, Deleted Mega pirates 2.7v4
Reloaded both from Zip files, Made changes as needed being
careful not to change anything else, Verifyed and uploaded to board
Went to Mission Planner, Same as before no movement, no GPS
So I am just going to load Multiwiii on this board, Guessing that even though
it looks like a HK mega it is faulty or not a HK mega.
I certainly Thank you for your time and Replys , Keep up the Good work.
Thanks Cliff
Clavin01 is online now Find More Posts by Clavin01
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:44 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined Sep 2006
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavin01 View Post
Hello Joe
OK I tried to relaod mega pirates
Deleted Ardino 1.01 File, Deleted Mega pirates 2.7v4
Reloaded both from Zip files, Made changes as needed being
careful not to change anything else, Verifyed and uploaded to board
Went to Mission Planner, Same as before no movement, no GPS
So I am just going to load Multiwiii on this board, Guessing that even though
it looks like a HK mega it is faulty or not a HK mega.
I certainly Thank you for your time and Replys , Keep up the Good work.
Thanks Cliff
Do you get movement in multiwii? Because i have had that issue where MW works but MPNG shows no movement. Can you attach the code you are using?
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:09 AM
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
5,392 Posts
Quote:
Do you get movement in multiwii? Because i have had that issue where MW works but MPNG shows no movement. Can you attach the code you are using?
Clavin01 pictures posted in post #333 in this thread are absolutely identical to my original first batch HK Mega, whatever the problem is, the fix will be something simple.

@Clavin01 if your Mega was faulty then Multiwii would not run either. I suspect an error changing the code, problem with that scenario is that no matter how many times you try you end up repeating the same mistake, I have done that, it is normal.

Take a break from it for a few days or longer then start again from scratch if you are still interested.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jabram; Dec 09, 2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:15 AM
norway
Joined Oct 2009
1,133 Posts
hi guys. just built a quad with this grat FC.
Im useing rctimer 30A escs flashed with SimonK FW.
only problem now is in the Multiwii config tool i see that the rear right esc is about 400 lower than the left. i have tried calibrating with no success.

Im new to multiwii and only know Mikrokopter.

Any tips on how to fix this?
Im able to take off but its yawing like crazy.

Cheers
fpv-tor is offline Find More Posts by fpv-tor
Closed Thread