Closed Thread
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:48 AM
Click eagle to read my blog
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimNZ View Post
I see that there are the connections on the mega for what looks like the ones needed for a ftdi programming board.
Can this board be programmed in this fashion ?

Thanks

In
Programming using Arduino is meant to be done using USB, yes it can be done with FTDI BUT you have to control RESET at just the right time as Arduino AVRdude starts to program the board, it can be tricky to press the RESET button at just the right time, the USB port automatically handles reset at the right time during the programming sequence, unless your USB is broken, much easier to program using the USB connector as intended.
jabram is offline Find More Posts by jabram
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:41 AM
Auckland New Zealand
Joined Sep 2010
1,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabram View Post
Programming using Arduino is meant to be done using USB, yes it can be done with FTDI BUT you have to control RESET at just the right time as Arduino AVRdude starts to program the board, it can be tricky to press the RESET button at just the right time, the USB port automatically handles reset at the right time during the programming sequence, unless your USB is broken, much easier to program using the USB connector as intended.
Once again I am in your debt. Thanks for the concise explanation. Not what I wanted hear but helpful just the same.
Good onya Aussie ;-)
BigJimNZ is offline Find More Posts by BigJimNZ
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:27 AM
Hegra, Norway
Joined Feb 2007
140 Posts
Your best bet is to try the Ardupilotdev code.
http://code.google.com/p/ardupilotdev/downloads/list
It is ported for the Crius aio, but I got it running on the french Multiwii Mega board.

Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator_rs View Post
I am impressed the way Multiwii pro is configured and discussed in this thread ,could some one tell me how to configure this board with Megapirate plane or for gliders

thanks
LN-JET is offline Find More Posts by LN-JET
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:43 PM
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
GPS LED always solid and no data?

Hi,

Off-topic here, I tried using a bunch of the tips from this thread to get the GPS going in Multiwii, but I've been unsuccessfull in doing it, here is my post.

I am eventually planning to move to Megapirate NG, but I wanted to try out Multiwii first. Anyone else have GPS issues, with a solid red light (I believe indicating no satellite fix).

EDIT: I got it working after following this post. A big thank you to the forum members for their support and in particular majik01 for the answer Next step will trying it out.

Cheers,
Eric
funx is online now Find More Posts by funx
Last edited by funx; Nov 29, 2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Now works.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:59 AM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
Sweden, Uppsala County, Balsta
Joined Jun 2012
1,146 Posts
Jipiee!
MPNG 2.8 Beta is out. Un-tested, so use with caution.

http://code.google.com/p/megapiraten...e/detail?r=245
JNJO is online now Find More Posts by JNJO
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:24 AM
THE PUBLIC IS THE PROBLEM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,289 Posts
Just in time!

I just came into a little extra spending cash. So I just filled a cart at witespy's site.

I was thinking the MWC 2.0+GPS - http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/mul...ontroller.html
and the 433mhz 3DR Telemetry Kit - http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/3dr...15mhz-170.html

One thing I wanted to ask. Can you use the 3DR Telemetry to program the MWC board? For changing PID & adjusting GPS waypoints??
subaru4wd is online now Find More Posts by subaru4wd
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:36 AM
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,926 Posts
@subaru4wd, it will not let me quote, you been a bad boy apparently

I was oh so brave allowing it to show me your post anyway

Yes, 3DR will let you chage all settings. Best thing since the invention of sliced bread IMHO.

The only thing it will NOT let you do is program the baord using arduino, you have to use USB for that.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:29 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd
Just in time!

I just came into a little extra spending cash. So I just filled a cart at witespy's site.

I was thinking the MWC 2.0+GPS - http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/mul...ontroller.html
and the 433mhz 3DR Telemetry Kit - http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/3dr...15mhz-170.html

One thing I wanted to ask. Can you use the 3DR Telemetry to program the MWC board? For changing PID & adjusting GPS waypoints??
Yes you can ... the 3DR works up to 250kbit ... so 115kbit is what is needed by the "gui"

But .... why you want to take the board from gostorego ? From HK it is cheaper

e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:41 AM
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,926 Posts
I am running APM planner GUI at 57600 on 3Dradio and 115200 on USB, changed the arduino code, I know of no advantage running it any faster than 57600 baud and 3DRadio has an easier time at 57600 which is the Arducopter default anyway so I am guessing it is fast enough..
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:26 AM
Joined Aug 2012
3,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Yes you can ... the 3DR works up to 250kbit ... so 115kbit is what is needed by the "gui"

But .... why you want to take the board from gostorego ? From HK it is cheaper

I don't think HK has the 2.0 board with the better sensors.

Also I don't feel like waiting a month to get it.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:56 PM
Quiet Achiever
Joined Feb 2008
1,461 Posts
As an alternative....I have created a Webstore and Support Website here in the USA. I am an Authorized RCTimer dealer now... and will carry most of their inventory. Incuding the Arduflyer, 3DR radios, CN-06 GPS..etc. I will have props, frames, motors, US and Metric hardware too. I'm placing my first inventory order on Monday and all my shipments will be DHL from China to USA...this will add only a dollar or two increase to RCTimer prices. If you do not see an item you need let me know...I'm still adding inventory manually..I'm adding the GPS and Arduflyer tonight

My name is Kendall

www.uavobjects.com

www.uavobjects.com/forum
RYBAT is online now Find More Posts by RYBAT
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:01 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3,289 Posts
How many others here are running MPNG on their witespy 2.0 boards?

I just ordered mine and got the 433mhz 3DR coming too and I am just wondering if setting up the 2.0 with MPNG is the same as the HK Board you used for the original thread.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:45 PM
USA, MD, Glen Burnie
Joined Sep 2008
111 Posts
Multiwii Pro with GPS

Hello All

OK I have the pro board with a Ublox gps
following the first post, made changes to Multiwii and uploaded it.
next made changes to Megapirates but it will not upload
getting a bunch of error messages, using Ardino 1.02 to edit them
when I verify , that is when the error codes show. Reloaded Megapirates
in PC, did not make any changes to it and tried to verify it and the same thing happens, bunch of error messages. Any body have any Ideas
Thanks in advance, and what are others using for there editor?
Cliff
Clavin01 is offline Find More Posts by Clavin01
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:55 PM
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,926 Posts
@Clavin01

I hope that by now you have fixed it based on PMs we exchanged,

1,/ select the correct COM port in Arduino

2./ select ATMEGA2560 in Arduino

3./ the MAG alterations to the code are in config.h, the other changes are in APM_Config.h those are two very different files

At first it may appear that there is no config.h file to be found.

Arduino interface cannot fit all the files in one line

There is a drop down menu at the end of the line

Click on the drop down menu [DOWN ARROW]

And then click on config.h in the list that drops down

RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jabram; Dec 01, 2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:05 AM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,265 Posts
I got some of those APM2.5 boards in for some testing, But I think the MEGA 2.0 boards are hard to beat. They fly so good.

I have some Ubox 6m that are not soldered on the backplane too.

witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Last edited by witespy; Dec 02, 2012 at 05:34 AM.
Closed Thread