HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 07, 2012, 03:34 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
Brushless on these tiny helis is not that easy to do cheaply. Nor is it really necessary unless you go CP.
Brushless is worth it simply because of motor longevity and throttle reaction speeds, brushless motors are not really that expensive. As for whether they are needs in FP helix that is debateable, I'd buy a brushless FP over a brushed everytime
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:10 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
slothy89's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Brushless is worth it simply because of motor longevity and throttle reaction speeds, brushless motors are not really that expensive. As for whether they are needs in FP helix that is debateable, I'd buy a brushless FP over a brushed everytime
I was merely talking about heli's this small.. Anything bigger you get much more value out of it.

In terms of making cheap affordable toy helis (yes these are toys) brushless is not a valid option. Are there any 100 size FP helis under $100 with Brushless Mains?

The Walkera V120D02 is a good example of something slightly bigger where brushless works... But it's CP... And is over $150...

The Nano CP and mCPX can be made brushless, but again, are not cheap and are CP helis.

It would make sense for MJX to make a Brushless F45 however
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:15 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
Brushless fp helis under $100 , i dont know i havent really looked from memory i know that i can buy the full Walkera 4#3 brushless upgrade kit so i would surmise that their is a market otherwise they wouldnt have been produced.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:52 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
slothy89's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
i know that i can buy the full Walkera 4#3 brushless upgrade kit
This is what I mean, you can get upgrade kits. But these usually cost at least half as much as the original RTF package, and aren't always developed or supported by the manufacturer.

Also Walkera isn't really the same market as brands such as WL Toys, or MJX. Walkera is entry level hobby grade.

We are talking toy grade here, and RTF Brushless 100 size micros are pretty much out of the question. Also if implemented correctly, with lower pitch blades and higher head speed, they would become too dangerous for the target market. ie. raw beginners with zero experience, and possibly children (12+).

All I am saying, is for a 100 size toy grade micro heli, brushless does not make sense as an out of the box option. At least not until the tiny ESCs and Brushless motors are cheap enough and widely available enough for the Toy Companies to implement.
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2012, 08:22 AM
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,267 Posts
MJX doesn't make anything. They buy the components from a primary design house and supply the electronics. The design house isn't making a brushless model because it would about double their costs.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:27 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
This is what I mean, you can get upgrade kits. But these usually cost at least half as much as the original RTF package, and aren't always developed or supported by the manufacturer.

Also Walkera isn't really the same market as brands such as WL Toys, or MJX. Walkera is entry level hobby grade.

We are talking toy grade here, and RTF Brushless 100 size micros are pretty much out of the question. Also if implemented correctly, with lower pitch blades and higher head speed, they would become too dangerous for the target market. ie. raw beginners with zero experience, and possibly children (12+).

All I am saying, is for a 100 size toy grade micro heli, brushless does not make sense as an out of the box option. At least not until the tiny ESCs and Brushless motors are cheap enough and widely available enough for the Toy Companies to implement.
Your talking about Walkera right ? The same Walkera that make 450 size helis etc the Devo transmitters 6 axis gyro stuff and saying they produce toy grade items opposed to mjx who make what exactly ?.........


Wow
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:25 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
slothy89's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Your talking about Walkera right ? The same Walkera that make 450 size helis etc the Devo transmitters 6 axis gyro stuff and saying they produce toy grade items opposed to mjx who make what exactly ?.........


Wow
Take a breath and re read my post. I clearly stated Walkera make Entry level HOBBY grade helicopters.
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:50 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
Lol and what do you think mjx make ? Take a breath yourself this is a hobby so its all hobby grade , plus they're brushed AND FP so are entry level' please come back when you have a clue.

I guess you missed most of Walkera's products.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:14 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
slothy89's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Lol and what do you think mjx make ? Take a breath yourself this is a hobby so its all hobby grade , plus they're brushed AND FP so are entry level' please come back when you have a clue.

I guess you missed most of Walkera's products.
I give up...
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:48 AM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Darsh's Avatar
Joined Jun 2012
324 Posts
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:17 AM
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Lol and what do you think mjx make ? Take a breath yourself this is a hobby so its all hobby grade , plus they're brushed AND FP so are entry level' please come back when you have a clue.

I guess you missed most of Walkera's products.
There is a considerable difference between MJX and Walkera, today. To begin with, Walkera doesn't make any flybar equipped helis. But, you certainly have a valid point comparing their older products to what MJX sells.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:02 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
I give up...

You mean you dont know and you have no argument to put forward.

Dont worry about it i am wrong 50% of the time too.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:11 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
There is a considerable difference between MJX and Walkera, today. To begin with, Walkera doesn't make any flybar equipped helis. But, you certainly have a valid point comparing their older products to what MJX sells.

This is part of my point , Walkera to begin with sold decent entry level helicopters that with a little work became very good fliers ( usually removing the electronics was all that was needed) eg my original Walkera 36 is still flying today albeit having gone through a few of the usual upgrade changes such as gears and belts etc , thats a whole 7 years later , it was in fact my first ever RC piece of equiptment.

Walkeras biggest seller todate is with no doubt their micro helis that pretty much began with the 4#3 , they were ridiculed on nearly every forum, until people flew them , then the game changed and Walkera began selling lots of units and investing in their own "technology" today they produce some excellent aircraft ( and a few duds ) along with quads and flybarless systems.

Today , despite our hobby moving on or i should say OUR idea of what we want , we are still influxed with flybarred cheap helis , which on the one hand is a good thing as it brings new pilots into our midst but on the other hand in this area the offerings are pretty stale and becoming boring.

100 size and above
Brushless
Flybarless

Those should be our goals and manufacturers goals , bringing such items to the market should be paramount.

Lets be honest , 4 ch flybarred precise well flying responsive helis have been around for a long time now , the MJX is a relatively nice heli but its time to move on but whilst we continue to buy our stale offerings manufacturers will still churn them out to the less experienced.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:12 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh View Post
Lol he's a funny f**ker , Ancient Aliens i enjoyed watching that

awesome hair , always reminds me of the character from alpha centauri in Babylon 5
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:03 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Hi,

this one looks interesting.
If it's sunny I fly my F45 outside, but when it's rainy I've to stick to a 3channel coax for inside flying. But it always takes about 2 minutes to get used to 3channel from 4channel and vice versa. Thus i'm thinking about this little F47 for inside flying, maybe it behaves similar like the F45 outside....?
Does anybody know when this helicopter will be available in european stores?
sirsp00ky is offline Find More Posts by sirsp00ky
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion MJX-F45 Single Rotor FP gordonzo Micro Helis 11162 Jul 09, 2014 08:45 AM
Sold Mjx f45 .quietguy Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jun 28, 2012 12:15 PM
Discussion need some advice on buying the MJX-F45 or the G.Tec 9019 alcatres Large Electric Helis 7 May 27, 2012 12:13 PM
Question Solo pro 100 or MJX f45? TonganSojah Micro Helis 6 Apr 30, 2012 04:25 PM