Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:20 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Discussion
MJX F47 - baby brother to the F45

Here is a new baby brother for us F45 fans - the MJX F47:

I was hoping they would go flybarless but . . . check it out.

http://www.mjxtoys.com/showProDetail...C%20HELICOPTER
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:31 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,628 Posts
looks like an interesting bird but for those of us who have the F45 already this is a setback in my opinion. A flybarless model would have been a great success
markkona is online now Find More Posts by markkona
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:43 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
The 45 offset flybar design was originated to tame micros, not helis the size of the F45. As you scale up, helis inherently become more and more stable. So, in micro size, the heli would be a lot livelier performing. However, 45 flybar micros have been around for 4 - 5 years and are no longer made, except by the toy companies, who have pretty well saturated the market already. I suspect this product is an attempt to capture the F45 fans, as I'm sure it will be new to many of them.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:54 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Here is a new baby brother for us F45 fans - the MJX F47:

I was hoping they would go flybarless but . . . check it out.

http://www.mjxtoys.com/showProDetail...C%20HELICOPTER
Not sure if this will do well... There is already many 100 size micro 45 degree balance bar helis out there:
  • Nine Eagles Solo Pro 260/270/BravoSX
  • WL Toys V911
  • HK have one as well
  • the 9958
  • Align Trex 100
  • Blade MSR
  • Blade MSRx (flybarless)
and so on...

The v911 in particular is known for its great performance, as well as the blade helis
slothy89 is online now Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:14 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
I think you are missing most of the rebadged models sold by various vendors. Definitely curious timing to announce another 45 flybar micro; especially as this segment of the market seems to be shifting to quads.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:28 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Joined Apr 2012
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I think you are missing most of the rebadged models sold by various vendors. Definitely curious timing to announce another 45 flybar micro; especially as this segment of the market seems to be shifting to quads.
I'm sure I've missed a few, hence the "and so on..." after the list Balr14

I think for a new 100 sized FP to be worth buying it has to be Flybarless. If we can have cheap 3-axis gyro's in micro quads, why cant you apply a cheap 3-axis gyro to a FP heli?

I for one would love to see a Walkera SuperFP or MSRx clone

But as you say, the current 'buzz' (pun intended) is with Ladybirds their simplicity in design makes them so approachable.

MJX would have been better off to develop a Flybarless & Brushless F45. Their current Flight Control board has all the necessary connections, just need a brushless ESC. And the gyro they use is the best of its class in terms of heading hold.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:21 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,642 Posts
There is no real need for more 4ch F/P helis in any size. FBL 4 ch is better/ Quads etc. Quads handle more wing, better flyers/ more capable with flips etc. F/P micos are great for indoors and very good supply offered. I still fly my mico F/P but fly my Ladybirds more and more with V929 also. I am not ready for 6ch but fly everything on Great Planes 6.5 sim. [helis..some fixed wing]. Sims will not make you a good flyer.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:35 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
anyone want to see a review of this heli? I might get one if you guys want to see it
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:55 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
anyone want to see a review of this heli? I might get one if you guys want to see it
I am interested simply for the fact that most of the MJX products that I have flown, have been excellent build quality, fly out of the box, and not too many issues. I am curious what this one brings to the heli pad.

My little x100 is huge fun in a tiny package - the absolute best thing I've ever flown in my living room. (The v929 is fun but the x100 is funner ). The F45 is a hoot in a large area.

The T38, T23, F28, F29, F39 coaxes were excellent quality, but, well, they were coaxials, so I moved on from them.

I'm quite disappointed the F47 is flybarred but if you can get your hands on one, I'll certainly follow your progress. And while you're at it James, see if you can one of them there x200 contraptions!

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:16 PM
Joined Dec 2010
217 Posts
If what I'm seeing in the photo hasn't been photoshopped, then it looks to be a nice crisp heli (in terms of manufacturing quality). I esp. like the canopy shape. My only gripe would be that the blades are non-folding (won't crash nicely into a wall)...
gettinglucky is offline Find More Posts by gettinglucky
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:11 PM
Joined Dec 2010
217 Posts
Bump... Where can the F47 be bought?
gettinglucky is offline Find More Posts by gettinglucky
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:24 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
Not yet, this thing still hasn't been mass produced yet
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:49 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,270 Posts
Could have at least made it brushless.

This class of heli already has many occupants that are well built and fly nicely as others have said , flybarless would have been the better option as would a better motor.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:24 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Joined Apr 2012
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Could have at least made it brushless.

This class of heli already has many occupants that are well built and fly nicely as others have said , flybarless would have been the better option as would a better motor.
Brushless on these tiny helis is not that easy to do cheaply. Nor is it really necessary unless you go CP.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:53 PM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Joined Jun 2012
325 Posts
Bump. Just sayin'. Also, I have not seen an "official" MJX X200 quad thread. Since i was interested in getting one, I figured I would also get an F47 to play around at home when it's raining.
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh