Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Broose27, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:22 PM
Late starter
Swan Hill, Victoria
Joined Jan 2010
169 Posts
Discussion
Time for some sleep now...

The members of SHMAC can't thank everyone enough for travelling from all over the place to the AEFA electric show.

Having the heli guys here was fantastic, and we'd welcome any feedback on making it better for those guys - we'd love to host a dedicated 3D heli show at some stage!

Thanks also to the volunteers who pitched in, brought extra supplies from town and helped out. Our little club of 15 members had 8 in attendance for most of the weekend and everyone's better halves and kids helped out as well. Two BBQ breakfasts, two BBQ lunches, and one huge spit roast dinner, plus the canteen rocking all weekend kept us busy. Even re-stocking the toilet paper, emptying the numerous rubbish bins and fuelling generators kept us on our toes....

Over 70 flyers were registered (we counted 150 people at the field Saturday), we had great weather, tons of funny stories, amazing aircraft and skills, and not too much carnage, although I was a victim of OFS (old fart syndrome - I'll explain that in a later post - I am not an old fart either...).

I conservatively calculated 300 fixed wing models, and 100 helicopters, plus having James Dargue here (ranked 8th in the world heli 3D Masters) was fantastic. I think we had 4 heli clubs from Melbourne represented, one or two from Sth Aust and Nate from Tassie! We can't thank those blokes enough for their promotion of the event and willingness to travel and work with our club who had never tried to coordinate a mixed fixed wing and helicopter event, across two flightlines! There is room for improvement, so I'd welcome any feedback.

I was too busy to take photos, but did scam 9 flights over the weekend, and will be posting photos in the relevant forums over the next few weeks.

Considering everything execpt an exception made for a sponser - amazing having a jet turbine at your home field! - was electric, it was pretty bloody cool. A massive Lancaster, Concorde, numerous EDF's, powered gliders, warbirds, civilian single- and multi-engines, helicopters of every conceivable size, night flying two nights in a row, wonderful time-lapse photography of the night flying, and a fly-off between Bill's huge Salto glider and the jet to round it out.

Our sponsors were much appreciated as usual, with all 6 providing high-quality items for the raffle, and all with reps in attendance. You guys rock!

Chuck from Sth Aust took a mountain of footage, so we're all looking forward to his YouTube coverage of the event.

Here are a few photos posted by that legend Fatgutflyer in the official thread as teasers for now...

For me, I am gonna burn some nitro this weekend!!
Broose27 is offline Find More Posts by Broose27
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Seagull Westland Lysander ARF
to remove ads between posts