Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by mogwai, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:18 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Oct 2012
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
For Sale
Huge Lot - Engines, Tools, Props, etc.

Hi All,

I recovered a bunch of R/C airplane gear from a bum tenant and I'm hoping to recover a little bit of what he didn't pay me from some of the stuff he left behind.

I know very little about this stuff other than what a little bit of internet research has told me. Therefore, I cannot speak confidently to the condition of everything and I may misstate what some things are, so I apologize in advance for that.

There are a number of model plane engines and tools. Here's a link to a listing of everything I've been able to identify: http://goo.gl/K5cF7

In addition to the engines and tools, which I value at around $700-1000 based on successful eBay sales for similar stuff, there are dozens upon dozens of wooden props and a bunch of miscellaneous parts, bits, and bobs (I think there are almost enough spare parts for the two Wankel engines to build a third one!).

I'd like to get $1200 for the whole lot, plus shipping (or I will deliver anywhere in the Dallas/Fort Worth area). I don't know a huge amount about this stuff, but I'm fairly confident with this asking price. That said, let me know if I'm way off base here... I guess if enough people agree that I'm off on the price I'm open to convincing

I'll try to get some pictures posted, I have a few in a folder here on my computer and I can get some more this weekend (Thursday night at the earliest) when I get back home if anyone is interested in seeing something specific.

Thanks for looking!
mogwai is offline Find More Posts by mogwai
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:57 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Dec 2001
59 Posts
Trader Rating: 56
Pictures would help alot
RSTEARMAN is online now Find More Posts by RSTEARMAN
Last edited by RSTEARMAN; Oct 17, 2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:07 PM
Once you taste flight...
United States, VA, Fort Belvoir
Joined Dec 2011
2,732 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
Ya scary looking deal with new post, new account, and no pictures....
skydvejam is offline Find More Posts by skydvejam
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:53 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,860 Posts
Trader Rating: 82
would agree except he can deliver in person. I wouldn't even think about the deal shipped as it stands now and probably wouldn't ever (sorry, just being honest). With that said, best of luck and I encourage you to look for local sales where one can inspect the motors.
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:48 PM
Joined Oct 2012
0 Posts
Fair enough, guys

Here are a few pics. These are just of the two Wankel engines, the OPS Maxi, and the two larger engines that I haven't been able to identify. I forgot I had these on this computer when I originally posted...

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A35oqs3q2dyES

Sorry if some of the pics are a little blurry... iPhone camera is nice, but not great. I'll get my wife's DSLR and take more pics this weekend.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:04 PM
Joined Oct 2012
0 Posts
If there's anything else, besides more pictures, that I can do to allay anyone's fears about the legitimacy of this deal, please let me know... Like I said, I don't know a whole lot about this stuff, so I can't guarantee the condition of anything, but I'm happy to do whatever I can to help an interested buyer make a good decision!

One question: how can I give you guys more accurate information about the props that I have? Obviously the length, but are there other measurements (internal diameter of the hole in the prop, relative angle of the blades to the hub, etc.) that would help? I'll be able to do all that stuff this weekend as well. I travel for work and my wife has even less of a clue about this stuff than I do, so I can't get any more info than I've got now until Thursday night...
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:09 PM
Once you taste flight...
United States, VA, Fort Belvoir
Joined Dec 2011
2,732 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
It should be on the prop somewhere, a DxP where D=diameter, and P=Pitch, there are other things, brands, and electric V/S internal combustion props. I really wish I lived closer, and had the cash, might make you an offer on the Wankel's sigh one of these days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogwai View Post
If there's anything else, besides more pictures, that I can do to allay anyone's fears about the legitimacy of this deal, please let me know... Like I said, I don't know a whole lot about this stuff, so I can't guarantee the condition of anything, but I'm happy to do whatever I can to help an interested buyer make a good decision!

One question: how can I give you guys more accurate information about the props that I have? Obviously the length, but are there other measurements (internal diameter of the hole in the prop, relative angle of the blades to the hub, etc.) that would help? I'll be able to do all that stuff this weekend as well. I travel for work and my wife has even less of a clue about this stuff than I do, so I can't get any more info than I've got now until Thursday night...
skydvejam is offline Find More Posts by skydvejam
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:59 PM
United States, NH, Suncook
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Trader Rating: 133
the wankels are the first generation with a seprate cooling shroud.
sagomon is offline Find More Posts by sagomon
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:24 PM
Joined Oct 2012
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagomon View Post
the wankels are the first generation with a seprate cooling shroud.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Honestly, this stuff looks like a lot of fun. If my wife wasn't already on my case about the number of hobbies I already have, I'd probably just keep the stuff to play with... pick up a plane kit or two and give it a go.

Unfortunately I lost track of the half-dozen or so plane kits that he left behind and the big controller (no idea how many channels, but it had lots of buttons and switches and levers and it was SHINY! ). Otherwise those would be part of the lot as well.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:11 PM
Joined Oct 2012
0 Posts
Ok, in light of the responses I've gotten and some good advice I got via private message... a few things:
1. I'll sell anything from the lot individually. I've got asking prices in mind for everything and I'll get that spreadsheet I linked to updated with those asking prices. I'm going to take more of a garage sale mentality with this. That said, I'll still offer the lot as a whole at any point for 75% of the total of the asking price for all of whatever's left. (I'll have that total this weekend after I figure out how much I need to get for the props and other stuff)
2. I do accept Paypal
3. If anyone would like to buy all or part of this lot and would like the added protection of an eBay transaction, I'll be happy to list the item as buy it now for the asking price and send you the link
4. The Enya 5002 is spoken for
5. The OPS Maxi is spoken for

I'll post an update once I've got asking prices on everything.

Cheers!
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:42 PM
Joined Oct 2012
0 Posts
Ok, spreadsheet's updated.

Here's the deal:
  • All asking prices include the option of an eBay "Buy It Now" transaction if you'd prefer that extra layer of security.
  • Shipping is $5.35 on each of the smaller engines and I will combine shipping where possible (I think I can get 2-3 smaller engines in a single USPS flat rate small box).
  • Buy 3 smaller engines at the asking price and I'll cover the shipping.
  • The "Lot Price" is the price I will take for everything that is labeled "Available" in the status column if you buy it all at once. The Lot Price does not include shipping, but does include an eBay Buy It Now if you want it.

Shoot me a note or post with any questions.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:59 PM
Oldrndrt RCav8r
United States, OK, Ardmore
Joined May 2009
55 Posts
Trader Rating: 26
PM(s) sent :>)
georgewaldrop is offline Find More Posts by georgewaldrop
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:50 PM
Oldrndrt RCav8r
United States, OK, Ardmore