HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:51 PM
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Feb 2012
245 Posts
Discussion
Mcpx 2 vs nano cpx vs 130x

Please tell me the differences and which one holds the tail better.(in other words flies like a bigger heli).
It would help if you have flown all of these, but all help is appriciated.
Also which one is the best to learn 3d.
Zbak is offline Find More Posts by Zbak
Last edited by Zbak; Oct 14, 2012 at 09:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Feb 2012
245 Posts
What is the power difference too.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:32 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
I have both and 130X flies similar to 450X. MCPX is best to learn on as it is more durable.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:39 PM
Joined Feb 2012
245 Posts
I thought the nano was more durable?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:49 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,352 Posts
I have owned multiples of all three (stock and brushless upgrades) and here are my views on each.

I believe the nano hands down the most durable and is a real life sim. It has decent power stock to do mellow tic tocs and piroflips. Seems way more people feel confident to fly this heli inside. In its stock form it doesnt bog near like the mcpx and its tail doesnt not blow out unless you have vibes somewhere. The nano is the most sensitive to control input of all three helis.

mcpx is a great heli but lacks power stock to do performance 3d. Though out of the box it can do nice rainbows and mellow 3d if you have good collective management. Brushless it is an amazing heli but a little too large for most to fly comfortably inside a home. But the conversion increases tail performance and gives more power for decent 3d.

130x is a great outdoor heli yet few feel ok to flip it in their homes and offices too, however most will not want to try. It has the most power out of the box for 3d maneuvers and I can do fairly decent tic tocs out of the box. The tail holds very well although some have complained that they have issues with vibrations. I still felt the need for even more power so I just put an hp08s in one of mine. The 130x out of all three flys like a bigger heli.

IMHO the best for learning 3d is hands down the nano
Nano cpX stock and brushless flight (4 min 4 sec)
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:11 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbak View Post
I thought the nano was more durable?
Sorry, my mistake. Yes! Nano is more durable than mCPX. Indoor heli sums it up well.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined Feb 2012
245 Posts
Thanks guys. I'm into getting the nano for durability and being so small
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:51 PM
fernie bc canada
Joined Dec 2009
531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I have owned multiples of all three (stock and brushless upgrades) and here are my views on each.

I believe the nano hands down the most durable and is a real life sim. It has decent power stock to do mellow tic tocs and piroflips. Seems way more people feel confident to fly this heli inside. In its stock form it doesnt bog near like the mcpx and its tail doesnt not blow out unless you have vibes somewhere. The nano is the most sensitive to control input of all three helis.

mcpx is a great heli but lacks power stock to do performance 3d. Though out of the box it can do nice rainbows and mellow 3d if you have good collective management. Brushless it is an amazing heli but a little too large for most to fly comfortably inside a home. But the conversion increases tail performance and gives more power for decent 3d.

130x is a great outdoor heli yet few feel ok to flip it in their homes and offices too, however most will not want to try. It has the most power out of the box for 3d maneuvers and I can do fairly decent tic tocs out of the box. The tail holds very well although some have complained that they have issues with vibrations. I still felt the need for even more power so I just put an hp08s in one of mine. The 130x out of all three flys like a bigger heli.

IMHO the best for learning 3d is hands down the nano
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddByvJq-LSg
nice quick review, would be interested to know where the V120D02S fits in your view ? I'm sure you have one ...LOL
flies ok for me but seem to lack power also ...
joliecoeur13 is offline Find More Posts by joliecoeur13
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:42 PM
Joined Feb 2012
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joliecoeur13 View Post
nice quick review, would be interested to know where the V120D02S fits in your view ? I'm sure you have one ...LOL
Haha
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:09 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joliecoeur13 View Post
Actually I dont think the 130x lacks power per se, more I just wanted more

I dont have any 120d02s'........anymore I did have a few of the v1's pretty much as soon as they came out up until about a month ago. IMHO they are a good heli but have a few minor issues for advanced flying. For scale and basic flipping and such you really cant go wrong. The thing that annoyed me the most was the un-needed gyro corrections that it would give while doing certain maneuvers like tight tick tocs and flips. For the first while I didnt notice it as much since i just couldnt fly as well, but after a while it became more and more apparent on all my 120s. I never felt 100% comfortable doing mellow flipping with my 120s in my living room due to the gyro corrections. Still even with the issue for the price they are now it is a good deal. Though my first one cost around the same price as my 130x.

The other small issues with the 120 is power, tail servo rod and servos. You definitely have to upgrade the 120 to something else for more pop. Though even when you do you cant expect it to ever be a 3d machine. If you want that you need to get another heli and if sticking with Walkera something like a miniCP. The servos were always the weak part for most on a crash but myself instead of modding my servo arms I just kept the shaft collar loose. The servo rod really needs to be flipped and put underneath the boom if you crash or land hard often.

The mincp's are a great little heli with a solid gyro and good out of the box power to weight - I had lots of fun with mine and it would hover inverted right about the ground with almost no effort, so IMHO it is a good 3d trainer too just not as durable as a nano
MiniCP Floor Sweep (2 min 17 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Oct 16, 2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:44 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,319 Posts
Just interested whether you can recommend the Nano CPX as the first CP.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:23 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
982 Posts
Nano cpx is worth every penny, its a little beast straight out the box stock.

Heres me beating the snot out of my nano cpx..

blade nano cpx outdoors and indoor flight (4 min 52 sec)

You wont regret it

Farmer
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:49 AM
practice, practice, practice
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Mar 2005
728 Posts
My micro fleet (under 450):

two Nano CPX
MiniCP BL
New V120D02S
V120D02S
two 130X
300X

QR Scorpion
mQX

I recently sold my mCPX and mCPX v2 to my club fellows.
cvlex is offline Find More Posts by cvlex
Last edited by cvlex; Oct 17, 2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:46 AM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Just interested whether you can recommend the Nano CPX as the first CP.
Absolutely it is my current favorite indoor heli and I would not hesitate to recommend this as a first cp.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:24 PM
Joined Feb 2012
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvlex View Post
My micro fleet (under 450):

two Nano CPX
MiniCP BL
New V120D02S
V120D02S
two 130X
300X

QR Scorpion
mQX

I recently sold my mCPX and mCPX v2 to my club fellows.
Dang you got a lot of helis. Which one is your favorite?