HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:50 PM
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
Discussion
V911 Wobble Problems

Hey guys. I just got a new WLToys V911 heli yesterday. I have only got about 8-10 flights out of it. I've had my fair share of crashes so far, but nothing too serious and I always try to cut throttle when I know it's about to crash or right after it does crash. The heli always went right back into the air and flew fine.

Today after about 3 or 4 flights (with a couple of crashes) I noticed that the heli wasn't hovering stable like it used to and was drifting forwards and to the left. I tried to correct it with trim, but I soon realized that it was wobbling in the air. Sometimes the wobbling is really bad. It can still fly somewhat easily, but it sure does wobble.

Here is a video I found on YouTube of another V911 doing the same thing.
WL Toys V911 helicopter hovering problems (0 min 19 sec)

I would gladly appreciate some insight on what may be wrong. Thanks guys!
Axizor is offline Find More Posts by Axizor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:29 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
I would try changing the main shaft. If you take it out and roll it on a flat surface you'll be able to tell if it's bent.
Budasac is offline Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:38 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,252 Posts
Hold onto it and run it up slowly and see if it shakes. Check tracking of flybar and blades. Easy to see if its not tracking right. I have a V911 original one that shakes in hover but flys fine and doesn't drift. In normal flight its fine and has done this last 50 flights so no concern. It does track true so check it out. Could be main shaft if blades do nor track right.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:01 AM
Joined Aug 2006
59 Posts
i also have a V911 and have dozens upon dozens of flights on it. also had numerous inadvertent crashes and it is quite a resilient little machine.

since its maiden flight i have already noticed the heli does not like to roll left very much in hover. more so it does not like to move backwards in hovering.

it inherently wants to move forward and lean to the right slightly everytime. this characteristic trait of the single rotor micro FP helis is also prevalent and more pronounced with the nine eagles bravo SX (with hughes MD fuselage) which i also have.

fortunately, the V911 can actually hover with a level attitude. the bravo SX hovers with a very pronounced lean to the right. this is nothing out of the ordinary, it is inherent upon micro FP helis as you may read on the nine eagles thread FAQS...

so V911 owners don't fret, the wobble is just nature of the beast. i just constantly keep it flying forward doing right turn circuits and high speed funnels (which it does very nicely!).

you will notice even if FFF it does not like to do left turns very much even with good coordinated use of aileron and rudder.

HTH
hawk01 is offline Find More Posts by hawk01