HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Jul 2012
712 Posts
Question
DeBolt Live Wire Champion

I have this old kit and was considering using an OS Max .26 Surpass four stroke in it. Any thoughts on the suitability of this combo appreciated.

John
JKinTX is offline Find More Posts by JKinTX
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:04 AM
Lipoly Killer
Gulfport/Biloxi Biloxi Reg, Mississippi, United States
Joined Dec 2000
1,503 Posts
Champ/OS .26

An excellent choice! The Champ flew well with a .15 so you will have a little more power. May take an extra degree of downthrust. I would use Rudder, Elevator and Throttle. Try flying it with the stock downthrust first. These airplanes were designed to climb when you turned in to the wind because most flew rudder only. The OS .26 is such a sweet engine.
Frank Hurd is online now Find More Posts by Frank Hurd
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Jul 2012
712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Hurd View Post
An excellent choice! The Champ flew well with a .15 so you will have a little more power. May take an extra degree of downthrust. I would use Rudder, Elevator and Throttle. Try flying it with the stock downthrust first. These airplanes were designed to climb when you turned in to the wind because most flew rudder only. The OS .26 is such a sweet engine.
Thanks! I will use rudder, elevator, throttle. The OS is my first 4-stroke, a pretty little motor. This one came all the way from England! I even have a NIP pair of Banner wheels for the project.

JK
JKinTX is offline Find More Posts by JKinTX
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:34 PM
United States, NC, Burlington
Joined May 2012
75 Posts
I learned to fly on that plan.. I had a OS .20 2 stroke... what a great airplane... you will love it
dmbaerry is offline Find More Posts by dmbaerry