HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:26 PM
I like foam
outside of philadelphia
Joined Nov 2005
287 Posts
D&K Hobbies attending

Our friends from D&K Hobbies will be at the event. They're based out of Cherry Hill NJ.

http://www.dkhobbys.com
mikeythev is offline Find More Posts by mikeythev
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:13 AM
S/E Pennsylvania
Joined Mar 2009
17 Posts
I'm in! My flight line is only a couple planes deep this year... How's the vendor lineup? I'll bring a couple things you can add to the raffle prizes. See ya'll on Saturday!
archer789 is offline Find More Posts by archer789
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:19 PM
It's a spiderweb of knit lines
Souderton Pa. USA
Joined Mar 2002
2,649 Posts
I hope the vendors bring batteries...cause most of mine are no longer any good and no time left to order more.
mcross is offline Find More Posts by mcross
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:37 PM
I like foam
outside of philadelphia
Joined Nov 2005
287 Posts
Which ones are you looking for specifically?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:38 PM
I like foam
outside of philadelphia
Joined Nov 2005
287 Posts
Park Scale Models just confirmed attendance.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:22 PM
It's a spiderweb of knit lines
Souderton Pa. USA
Joined Mar 2002
2,649 Posts
I need 3 or 4 Hyperion or Thunderpower 160mAh and 240mAh 1s. A couple Thunderpower G6 325mAh 2s. And a couple 2s 180mAh. Gotta be top quality cells, my jets are hard on batteries.
It looks like 3dx carries most of these, I hope they bring them along.
mcross is offline Find More Posts by mcross
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:15 PM
I like foam
outside of philadelphia
Joined Nov 2005
287 Posts
even more prizes

ThunderPowerRC just donated some fantastic prizes to our event! Thank you ThunderPower!
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:06 PM
Team JR
Medford, NJ
Joined Jan 2004
320 Posts
Just wanted to put out a big THANKS to Mike and the North Penn Aviation Club for hosting another great indoor event. It seemed like Mike was announcing raffle prizes a couple times an hour, and the gym was always buzzing with a variety of planes and helis. Nice day of flying in warm temperatures

Regards,

Dave
DaveL322 is offline Find More Posts by DaveL322
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:17 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Yes, thank you for the event! I had a great time! Thank you Thunder Power also for the charger!
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:02 PM
Failure is ALWAYS an option!
Southeastern Pennsylvania
Joined Dec 2010
13 Posts
Thanks to all of you for coming and supporting our club and we're glad you had a great time! This was SO MUCH FUN to host and take part in and extra exciting since it's our 10 year anniversary as a club. I hope to see all of you again next time!

~Ryan, North Penn Model Aviation Club student

aka That kid with the autogyro
venturer95 is offline Find More Posts by venturer95
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:58 PM
Herndon, VA
Joined Oct 2005
1,471 Posts
It was fabulous! I must have been in in no less than 20 mid-airs. The fact that I kept on flying after 19 mid-airs should give you an idea how much fun I was having! The only reason I stopped was because it was close to the end of the day and too cold to go all the way out to the car to recharge my lipos, or I would have taped 'er up and gotten back in the air once more!
RE
Edmonds is offline Find More Posts by Edmonds
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:48 PM
I like foam
outside of philadelphia
Joined Nov 2005
287 Posts
huge success

To all who participated, watched, or helped in some way, thank you! This event was another great success and it couldn't have occurred without your support. Our vendors were very helpful. Our sponsors were gracious. The guests were very friendly. Finally, the weather couldn't have been better--indoors, that is.

Here are my attempts at getting the event covered. I lent my camera to a student and he had a great time capturing your toys and smiles. If you have more photos please upload them.

There were 64 pilots on our list at the end of the event. This excludes the younger pilots that we didn't register at the door. We had pilots from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, and Florida!

Thanks to the vendors and sponsors we gave away 6 speed controls, 2 micro battery sets with chargers, a fancy battery charger, 4 x 2cell lipos, a ready to fly 3D helicopter, a ready to fly airplane, 2 laser-cut balsa kits, 4 metal gear micro servos,
and 3 gift certificates.

If you have no complaints about the food I can invite the baseball moms back. They provided some outstanding food and still raised money for their cause.

With a baby at home it takes a little longer to get things done so I apologize for not returning emails and phone calls to those who contacted me. I promise I'll get to you soon.

We may have a spring event, but I can't say that'll definitely happen. I'd like to host another event but this time, outdoors under our lights on the turf field. Talk me into it. Thanks again!
Dr.Michael Voicheck (mikeythev)
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:27 AM
I like foam
outside of philadelphia
Joined Nov 2005
287 Posts
Sky Vue was there with their huge multirotor.

Sky Vue multirotor (0 min 54 sec)
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:26 PM
ProBro Dragracer
Green Lane, PA
Joined Jun 2003
141 Posts
Mike, thanks to you and to all of your North Penn Model Aviation Students for putting on such a great event. I think I've been to them all, and it seems that it just gets better and better each year.

Special thanks to all the wonderful sponsors/vendors who were so generous and donated all the great prizes. How ironic, I was planning on ordering a new CC Phoenix 10 for my latest indoor plane and wouldn't you know it, I won the very first raffle prize and was surprised to see a Phoenix 10 sitting right there in the prize box.

I was a little disappointed to see that in spite of the great sponsor/vendor turnout, not many of them brought expendables like props, glue, batteries, prop savers, Vapor parts, etc. There were some of those items, but for example, I broke a couple of props and was looking for an APC 8 X 3.8 SF prop. Maybe it's too much of a hassle to bring stuff like that, but I think if someone had, they could have racked up a bunch of sales.

Anyway, minor point, no biggie.

I really like the way you organize the event, allowing time for all the different aspects of our indoor hobby. No matter what you were flying, there was a time dedicated to that type of airplane or helicopter. 15 minutes and then switch to something else. Perfect. Well done.

It's a shame we can't do this more often. Not necessarily a big show with all the prizes and stuff, just a fun fly in the gym. Your gym is so nice, a perfect fit for our indoor stuff. Iit's a real pleasure to be able to participate.

Thanks again for all your hard work in putting on this event. I'm sure you and your students must have put in a ton of work behind the scenes to make this so successful. Thanks to all and see you next time.

Vince
Cougar347 is offline Find More Posts by Cougar347
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:50 PM
I like foam
outside of philadelphia
Joined Nov 2005
287 Posts
Dave Lockhart F3P noontime demo

Dave Lockhart - NPHS Fun Fly: demonstration (1 min 11 sec)