HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Micubano, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:40 PM
Chad deQuevedo of Olyphant, PA
United States, PA, Olyphant
Joined Aug 2012
658 Posts
Discussion
mSR Fixed! SR up next! Bearing oil!

I picked up a Blade mSR months ago for $20 the the LHS. I thought I replaced everything from the anti-rotation collar up and it was getting more stable, but I still had problems and couldn't control it for over 15 seconds before it spiraled out of control in what seemed to be a TBE from hell. I spent a lot of time trading emails with E-Flite about what to try next while also thinking the 5 in 1 was bad. Everything they were suggesting, I already tried. Then in the last email, they suggested the feathering shaft. I remember seeing it when changing the main blade grips, but didn't think that it was that important. Now that I have a working mSR, I can see that compared to an mCX2 or mQX that any little adjustment makes a big difference and a slightly bent feather spindle can cause the a lot of tension and vibration in the head. After a few days of tweaking and playing, I had it in a real stable hover outside today and I was able to circle the yard twice.

I have a used SR I picked up sitting on my bench a month ago that I hovered briefly. It needs a really good tune up based on the short hover. Now that I have the mSR working, I feel more confident about owning and fixing.

Finally, in the free items section of the classifieds, MrDusanmandic has been giving away bearing oil kits. I wasn't picked for the free one, but since I have amassed a small collection of helis, trucks, a multirotor and a boat I figured it should be something I should look into. Last night I finally had a chance to use some on my helis and it does seem to make a great difference. I was able to fly my mQX around the living room. I started with just a hover to help work the oil on the bearings, but then decided to do a few laps because it was so stable. I think it was worth the money.
Micubano is online now Find More Posts by Micubano
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tanks? Really? Tanks?
to remove ads between posts