HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lb.man, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:17 AM
fly low be happy
United States, CA, Shasta Lake
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Discussion
Bad Customer Service

First off, This is a rant about poor customer service, I will try not to mention anybody's names, or products. And try my hardest to keep this civil. Last April I decided to try building 30cc sized airframe And I did the normal researching on all the forums that i could find pertaining to the airframes of my choice. Got a lot of useful info, thank you to all that continually post on these sites. So I gathered all of my new found info and made decisions about what products should go into my new project. Component choices where made based on experiences of similar products that I have used in the past, with only one complaint, they ran hot in the summer time. Ambient temps where I fly reach 105-110 regularly. But that is no reason to stay inside and fly on the sim. So my new component worked beautifully all summer 120+flights since may Then I find a problem with my new component. A failed glue joint. So I start thinking to myself, did I push the limits of said component to hard? Was my set up correct? So I contact the manufacturer, and they reply back to me in a few days, no worries box it and send it with a note. Cool. Well 6 days later I get a confirmation on the delivery from USPS. Nothing from the manufacturer So I email them, and wait, and wait. Well 9 days later after several emails, and voice mails just trying to figure out if my component actually made it to the right address. I get an email from the manufacturer. Good news, I was not abusing my component. My set up was one of the recommended setups. The problem was a known issue with adhesives that they use, and that they are still not happy with the adhesive that they use or any that they have tried Anyhow, I was told that they would get right on the repair 10 days later check on status, no reply. 4 days later receive an email, hey waiting for glue to dry should have rebalanced and shipped out in a day or 2. Well that was 10 days ago. And guess what? still no replies to any attempts at contacting them. And worst of all I am seriously considering buying one of their new products that they are devoloping , even with known issues these components are in my opinion the best. Just not happy with the support.Well thanks for listening,Have a great day. FLY LOW AND BE HAPPY Mike Lb.
lb.man is offline Find More Posts by lb.man
to remove ads between posts