SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by FeiJi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:28 AM
Joined Aug 2011
207 Posts
Discussion
1 meter laminated EPP Bobtail Plank Flying

After a number of false starts my wing is finally flying. I got a 10 minute flight on a 1500kv motor with 7*6 prop and 1100mah lipo. The front fuse is mostly a piece of bamboo plywood I cut from a clipboard. AUW is 600 grams. It's tough getting the cg to 10% which is only a few centimeters from the LE. Thanks to Averan for his help.

Added first video of few loops and rolls.
Second video was of first flights.
I like this plane so much that I am going to strengthen and steamline the fuse. Will use some graphite fishing pole sections inside few layers of 9mm epp foam, wrap with strapping tape, then wrapped with colored tape then laminated. Then affix wings with couple of bamboo chopsticks. Then make a wood motor mount and use a faster motor. Will also move forward a larger tail.

1 Meter Bobtail Plank A Few Rolls and Loops (0 min 0 sec)
BobTail Plank EPP Foam Wing (1 min 38 sec)
FeiJi is offline Find More Posts by FeiJi
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by FeiJi; Nov 26, 2012 at 07:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts