to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:10 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.D. View Post
I would step on that little sucker.
LOL. That reminds me of the time I stamped on my mates Raptor 50, he'd crashed it and it was sitting there revving it's guts out and trashing itself to death. The throttle wouldn't cut and we couldn't get close enough to pull the fuel line so the boot came into play
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:32 PM
United States, MO, Union
Joined Sep 2012
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.D. View Post
I Need a Blade Nano CP X BNF.
I got one. Great little heli. Tough as nails. I have not needed a single replacement part yet and whacked it bunch of times. When you get ready for loops and rolls etc., just do them over tall grass and the thing doesn't get hurt when you whack it. For an in the house plane, I have not found anything to beat the night vapor yet....fun at night outside too.
jevs is offline Find More Posts by jevs
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:39 PM
ride hard and fly low
Joined Aug 2011
585 Posts
Got to love the RC good times and bad.lol
H.D. is offline Find More Posts by H.D.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:26 PM
Joined Jan 2009
399 Posts
Just wondering has anyone gone Futaba 3114 all around yet, I have seen people talking about it but don't think they were installed. I have them on my Pitts and they are great.

My buddy stripped one of the TH 4Gs on install (put in a hitec 5035) and today he bumped the rudder on a low hover and stripped his last 4g. It wasn't even that bad. Its such a PINA getting servos out of the foam.

I have the power combo and was going to start the build this week and may opt for something different on the servo front. I know they are not digital but when you do the math its only a 2 gram weight penalty and you gain a ton of torque. What am I missing here?

TH 4 Gram servo = 5 grams X 2
Ail Servo = 11 grams

Total 21 grams

Futaba 3114

7.8 grams X 3 = 23.4grams

Also thinking maybe JR 185X2 and 1 3114 which would be the same.
Slats! is offline Find More Posts by Slats!
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:42 AM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Jul 2009
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats! View Post
Just wondering has anyone gone Futaba 3114 all around yet, I have seen people talking about it but don't think they were installed. I have them on my Pitts and they are great.

My buddy stripped one of the TH 4Gs on install (put in a hitec 5035) and today he bumped the rudder on a low hover and stripped his last 4g. It wasn't even that bad. Its such a PINA getting servos out of the foam.

I have the power combo and was going to start the build this week and may opt for something different on the servo front. I know they are not digital but when you do the math its only a 2 gram weight penalty and you gain a ton of torque. What am I missing here?

Ail Servo = 11 grams

Total 21 grams

Futaba 3114

Ive used 3114 in alot of my depron planes they have a silky smooth gear train .On the ailerons of my crack yak ill be using the digital version of the 3114 which is the 3154 .hs-5035 on rudder and elevator
bobby808813 is offline Find More Posts by bobby808813
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:14 AM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2009
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats! View Post

Ail Servo = 11 grams

Total 21 grams

Futaba 3114

I have used 3114's and 3154's on the ailerons (prefer the 3154's) and 188's on the rudder and elevator. All have worked very well.
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:21 PM
aka ECAA3D
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,154 Posts
Got about a minute of flying so far on a half dead pack. Somethings still wrong. It can't handle a fully charged 2cell without cogging. After the 460mah I bought a 8x3.8apc still cogged then bought a 300mah pack and it still cogs.

Brad was quick to get back, sending the motor and ESC back today for repair/replacement.

From what I can tell it's waaaay better than the original CY built a tad heavy.
Stops on a dime to KE. LOVE the new servos.

I'm ordering a second CY today. Was thinking about going the Hacker a109L with the X7 pro combo at Aeromodel but I can't find specs on the BEC. I like the 6v BEC on the twisted ESCs so I may just go with the hacker motor and Twisted everything else.

Any thoughts on the Hacker setup?
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:32 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Jul 2009
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaa3d View Post
Got about a minute of flying so far on a half dead pack. Somethings still wrong. It can't handle a fully charged 2cell without cogging. After the 460mah I bought a 8x3.8apc still cogged then bought a 300mah pack and it still cogs.

Brad was quick to get back, sending the motor and ESC back today for repair/replacement.

I'm ordering a second CY today. Was thinking about going the Hacker a109L with the X7 pro combo at Aeromodel but I can't find specs on the BEC. I like the 6v BEC on the twisted ESCs so I may just go with the hacker motor and Twisted everything else.

ive used that setup on a few of the 3dhs epp planes and some depron i really like the hacker motors .im almost positive that hacker esc has a 4.8v bec in it most do .
bobby808813 is offline Find More Posts by bobby808813
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:01 PM
United States, MO, Union
Joined Sep 2012
197 Posts
Quote:

I think the TH combo works great. Not sure what more you would want? It's already tested to be a great package. It's probobly just me, but I prefer to not be the experimenter and take what has already been proven by the designers and users. I just don't have a lot of time for tinkering these days. I bought the CYL, their Lite combo, their battery, and their suggested prop and it all works perfect with no hassles.....the only thing I have upgraded on was the batteries.

Again, just my take on it. I am sure others may want more or less in some aspect of the motor/ESC/prop.....
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:29 PM
aka ECAA3D
Joined Apr 2012
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jevs View Post
I think the TH combo works great. Not sure what more you would want? It's already tested to be a great package. It's probobly just me, but I prefer to not be the experimenter and take what has already been proven by the designers and users. I just don't have a lot of time for tinkering these days. I bought the CYL, their Lite combo, their battery, and their suggested prop and it all works perfect with no hassles.....the only thing I have upgraded on was the batteries.

Again, just my take on it. I am sure others may want more or less in some aspect of the motor/ESC/prop.....

The Hacker is proven as well mostly in competition and should be fine. My only real concern was the BEC on the Hacker ESC. The servos were pretty badass on the 6v setup, but I obviously got a bad part in the power section. It seemed just fine on the 19g motor I just think there is something wrong with the ESC.

In the past when I had cogging issues the ESC was too weak.

EDIT:

Did a little digging and the Hacker X-Pro ESC series uses a 2 amp BEC.
Last edited by m0dest; Nov 19, 2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:40 PM
United States, MO, Union
Joined Sep 2012
197 Posts
Quote:
The Hacker is proven as well mostly in competition and should be fine. My only real concern was the BEC on the Hacker ESC. The servos were pretty badass on the 6v setup, but I obviously got a bad part in the power section. It seemed just fine on the 19g motor I just think there is something wrong with the ESC.

In the past when I had cogging issues the ESC was too weak.
Did you ever get a chance to try the recommended GWS prop with the recommended pitch (light weight one)? Without going back and reading, I remember seeing the APC prop used and possibly not the recommended pitch (just pulling from mem without going back and reading).

To heavy of a prop and wrong pitch could cause it.....disregard if already addressed.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:49 PM
aka ECAA3D
Joined Apr 2012
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jevs View Post
Did you ever get a chance to try the recommended GWS prop with the recommended pitch (light weight one)? Without going back and reading, I remember seeing the APC prop used and possibly not the recommended pitch (just pulling from mem without going back and reading).

To heavy of a prop and wrong pitch could cause it.....disregard if already addressed.
Yeah, it cogged out on the 8x4.3 which is why I thought it might have been the battery but Brad from Twisted said it should have been fine.

I just weighted both props the APC is 3.1 grams heavier than the GWS.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:23 PM
aka ECAA3D
Joined Apr 2012
1,154 Posts
Well....

I ordered another one in orange, with the power combo a few minutes ago with extra props, glue and light weight bands. I may try the Hacker setup but for now I'll have another for lights once I get the issue with the first one figured out.

sort of off topic but my wife got a virus on the PC last night playing Jetpack Joyride on Facebook.....so this is kind of like my repayment for having to sit up all night backing up pics and videos of the last few years so I could format the hard drive and reinstall the OS, set up server and client and all other tools I use so I could work this morning.......I gave up my external backup drive to my kid for his PS3
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:18 PM
ride hard and fly low
Joined Aug 2011
585 Posts
My CYL should be ready by Friday.
H.D. is offline Find More Posts by H.D.