HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:11 PM
United States, CA, Diamond Bar
Joined Jul 2011
515 Posts
Discussion
Hangar 9 Pilot - Paint will not dry!

Two weeks ago I purchased a Hangar 9 pilot figure for my E-Flite Rhapsody biplane. The figure looks like it is made out of a pink, rubbery, vinyl. It came from the factory painted with extremely high gloss paints, and the face was left as the bare pink vinyl. Very ugly!

I decided to paint over the colors on the pilot with my trusty Testors flat colors, and it turned out looking beautiful. However, the paints will not dry! It has now been two weeks, and all colors are still tacky and glossy. When I touch the figure I still get some paint coming off on my fingers.

I have since used the same paints on a resin pilot and they dried flat within 2 hours.

What gives?

Is there anything that I can do to get the paint to dry?
Gamerjoe is offline Find More Posts by Gamerjoe
to remove ads between posts