SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:29 PM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
Discussion
Mcpx problem - please help

Just learning to fly a cp helicopter. Things have been going well for a few weeks. Then I broke the main shaft. So I replaced it. Everything looks good. Controls seem to work. But here's the problem: when you give it the throttle, it wants to spin around in a circle. The tail rotor seems to be working. I can hold it in my hand, give it the throttle, & both main rotor & tail rotor are spinning. I don't know what else to do. I'm about ready to give up on flying. Anyone have any ideas?
cpstout is offline Find More Posts by cpstout
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:25 PM
Joined Oct 2012
83 Posts
i had the same problem i replaced the tail motor and boom and it went away.

jeff
crazyflyer92 is offline Find More Posts by crazyflyer92
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:25 PM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
I replaced the tail boom & motor & still the same problem. Not sure what to do now. I was hoping the more experienced people here could offer some help. Looks like 44 people looked at the post but offered no help. Maybe no one has ever had this problem. Does anyone know of a forum that helps with technical heli questions?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:17 PM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
I found the answer to my problem at helifreaks.com. I'll just pass it on:

"I mean you may have too much positive pitch when you push the collective stick all the way up.

If you have too much positive pitch it can cause the main motor to pull too many amps, this can cause the tail motor to not get enough power to keep a good tail hold."

When I replaced the main shaft the head must have sat lower because of where the main gear was on the shaft & when I gave it the throttle it put too much positive pitch.

Never though of that!!!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:31 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpstout View Post
I found the answer to my problem at helifreaks.com. I'll just pass it on:

"I mean you may have too much positive pitch when you push the collective stick all the way up.

If you have too much positive pitch it can cause the main motor to pull too many amps, this can cause the tail motor to not get enough power to keep a good tail hold."

When I replaced the main shaft the head must have sat lower because of where the main gear was on the shaft & when I gave it the throttle it put too much positive pitch.

Never though of that!!!
Most would not of wanted to embarrass you by asking if you had rechecked the setup before trying to fly it after doing a major repair like replacing the shaft....
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:48 PM
Joined Oct 2012
83 Posts
i had that problem but when i was upside down i had to take a lot out and it fixed that
crazyflyer92 is offline Find More Posts by crazyflyer92