HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by cwg25, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:33 PM
You Enjoy Myself
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Discussion
A Noob and His Problems

Come on, we've all done it. You get that new piece of technology, whether it's a phone, computer, home theater system, or a radio transmitter and you want to fiddle with it to see what it's all about.

Well, that's when problems can occur. Mix that with a noob, and the likelihood for disaster increases.

So I'm having fun flying my F450, everything is working just fine. And then I decided to see what my tx(Walkera DEVO-10) is made of. I started browsing through all of the options. Just to look, nothing more. I was hoping to get a better understanding how things worked with the tx and how it relates to the naza unit.

I clicked around and through everything. Coming to the clock/timer section, I thought it would be harmless to try and set something up. My gear switch was free so I decided to set the timer start/stop feature to the gear switch. It worked. Hooray, I did something. Big whoop.

The real trouble starts when I attempt to fly. As a beginner, I always fly in GPS mode. I waited for the single green blinking light and start to throttle up. I noticed I had throttle control up until a few feet off the ground, but at that point I did not have elevator nor aileron control. As the quad started to drift away, I noticed I no longer had throttle or yaw control. Major panic ensues.

I should have realized at that point that switching to manual mode would have given control of the quad back over to me. But I was freaking out so that did not happen. Switched on failsafe and hoped for the best.

The quad returned. As it was initially taking off, I saw a fast blinking orange light. Loss of signal? I went back into the TX and removed the timer/gear switch option I just set, attached a long string to my quad and tested again. Same thing, no control in GPS mode after a couple feet off the ground.

When browsing through all of the options, I must have accidently set something somewhere. But what? And where?

I'm asking around to fix the issue, but feel free to give me tips and advice if you're reading this!!

UPDATE:
When in NAZA Assistant, on the TX settings page, when GPS mode is enabled on my TX, the GPS indicator on the bottom of the page is not lit up in blue as it should be. And "failsafe" can be seen in the lower right corner.

Thinking about how the quad acted before, it seems it goes into failsafe when in GPS mode and I get more than a couple feet off the ground. The continuous blinking orange light just as the quad lifts off the ground is showing that failsafe is on.

Still looking into what setting on my TX I can use to fix this.
cwg25 is offline Find More Posts by cwg25
Last edited by cwg25; Oct 12, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:38 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,221 Posts
I would start again and set up a new model or reset this one to default.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:26 AM
Joined Dec 2012
6 Posts
Walkera devo10

Hi there.

I have just read your blog regarding the walkera 10 and the dji 450 and the change of settings.
As an absolute beignner at this quadcopter hobby, I too thought i would look into altering the settings on the Walkera and have managed to change something but Im not sure what....
Did you manage a way of re-setting up the walkera to get things working again ? Even if I start from a new setup, I am struggling with all the settings..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
inuk is offline Find More Posts by inuk
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:31 AM
Joined Aug 2012
57 Posts
I am a noob as well, I am using a walkera devo 10 with dji naza-m gps rx1002 on a Turbo Ace x830-D quad. I would like to program my Gear switch to be able to initiate Return To Home without turning off my transmitter. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
pspero is offline Find More Posts by pspero
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:52 PM
You Enjoy Myself
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Tony from rc-drones.com setup my dji and devo10 initially and that's who I'm having fix it again.
cwg25 is offline Find More Posts by cwg25