HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:58 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
Discussion
HiSKY FF120 Preview!! The newest micro RTF quad on the market!

The HiSKY FF120 hit the market just a few hours ago, they've also released some pictures.
It's priced at 300RMB which is about 47 USD or so.

I like that they have a Normal/3D mode toggle as seen on more advanced transmitters...and I like the canopy..something different at least! The 6 axis system should mean increased stability...it's really all up to the flight software, hopefully the've taken the time to tweak the performance and make this a real winner
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jameschen072; Jan 13, 2013 at 05:05 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:32 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
well, what do you guys think? I'm thinking about getting one but I don't know if it's worth it
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:44 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Right now it seems that Husban is the pinnacle of 6-axis micro quads. If nothing can match its flight characteristics, then it's not worth investigating. That being said, none of us will know unless someone tries them, and you've been doing a good job of that, especially since you live at Ground Zero.

I say get one and see if it's better than the Husban. With all your reviews I don't see why they wouldn't send you a sample at least at a discounted price.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:54 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Right now it seems that Husban is the pinnacle of 6-axis micro quads. If nothing can match its flight characteristics, then it's not worth investigating. That being said, none of us will know unless someone tries them, and you've been doing a good job of that, especially since you live at Ground Zero.

I say get one and see if it's better than the Husban. With all your reviews I don't see why they wouldn't send you a sample at least at a discounted price.
Thanks MassiveOverkill, I'll think about asking them to provide a sample for reviewing purposes if people want to see it. It takes a big chunk of my spare time to write the reviews (trust me, not worth the effort if it's just the quad alone... I write them because people like to read them) and so I think from now on I'll write about the products that people are interested in instead of everything that's new.
Do you (or anyone for that matter) want to see this quad reviewed? Or is there something else you guys would like me to review?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:08 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Actually James, I know one other person who has done a Ranking of all the quads they've reviewed. I'd like to see your impressions from #1 down. For me, I see no reason to own anything else than #1. #2 may be viable if #1 isn't available or if there's a benefit to TX compatibility. My dad asked me to get 2 quads for his buddies and I'd love to order some Husban's but I suspect he wants them before Christmas, so MJX X100 is next in line.

The new Vitality videos look impressive but can this 4 axis really perform as good as a 6 axis?
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:05 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Actually James, I know one other person who has done a Ranking of all the quads they've reviewed. I'd like to see your impressions from #1 down. For me, I see no reason to own anything else than #1. #2 may be viable if #1 isn't available or if there's a benefit to TX compatibility. My dad asked me to get 2 quads for his buddies and I'd love to order some Husban's but I suspect he wants them before Christmas, so MJX X100 is next in line.

The new Vitality videos look impressive but can this 4 axis really perform as good as a 6 axis?
Of the quadcopters that I've tested so far, I think I will list them in this order:

Walkera QR Ladybird V1/V2
Hubsan X4
Hoten X
MJX X100
Mini Pet (Not reviewed)
V929/949
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:33 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Wow, so you'd even rank the Walkera V2 3\4 axis better than the 6 axis Hubsan?! Sorry if this is getting off-topic.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:58 AM
Flight cadet
The Netherlands, OV, Enschede
Joined Jul 2012
300 Posts
It seems like the HiSky people have a new construction for the motor booms (all plastic) and possibly lighter then the ladybird booms... and the size of the Quad is even bigger then the 1SQ and NE birds I hope BG has the parts for this bird soon :-)
oxygen is online now Find More Posts by oxygen
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:56 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
@MassiveOverkill, I guess it's because I fly it with my 8S... if you saw the video in the review thread, it's amazingly stable and precise... I don't think it actually needs accelerometers at all! If your only option is to fly the V2 with the stock Devo 4, then I'll say that the X4 is leaps and bounds better. The V2 is really let down by the Devo 4... even though the quad itself is almost as good as the V1!

@Oxygen, I agree... I hope the motor pods are not as easily damaged as that of the X4 or ladybird series though..there doesn't seem to be much if any padding at all under the motors.
Hopefully I can add a landing skid to it... I really dread changing motors...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:02 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,246 Posts
This quad is being sold here

http://beta.hobbyeurope.com/rc/helic...ts/helicopters

It is priced in euros but is shipped from China.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:21 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
This quad is being sold here

http://beta.hobbyeurope.com/rc/helic...ts/helicopters

It is priced in euros but is shipped from China.
All of the dropshippers that I've talked to have told me that this quad is too expensive to aquire for them...and they've decided not to carry it.. Too bad really, I see a lot of potential in this quad!
Prices don't seem too bad from the link you posted though hm
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread