HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:27 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,277 Posts
went flying with the guys at BCSF and had a blast!!!! and boy did we field test Foam tac today!!!!
1st my polaris, doing touch and goes then one touch n go the wind picked it and flip it, and the nachele and tail unit completely tore apart, fix it in 10 min and went flying again in 30 min!!!

next 2 wildcats was doing formation and sergey and Sofaman had mid air and Sofaman flew the wrong plane and his went down breaking off the tail and minor front end damge, fix him up in about 5 min and he was ready to fly in about 15 min!!!
Sergey has pics for wildcat repair which he will post shortly.

then Killer plane Steve had a booboo with his skyhawk and we foam tac'ed him and was in the air after 10 min!!!

and here is the polaris repair pics

-pete
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:55 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Wow, what a day at the BCSF breakfast and FunFly, when my wife and I pulled up to the Diner parking lot Petey aka "Meanybaby" was just getting out of his car, He had more planes than I have ever seen loaded in his car, I have never anything like that in my life, you couldn't fit a toothpick in the car it was packed so tight with foam planes, He brought planes for the raffle and some to give to the members and he built them all with Foam-Tac. Petey gave me a new Polaris, Durango, and stingray all beautifully built, I have to say it again Petey is an awesome builder, and flier, when we got to the field Pete was the first to fly and it was windy, but being the pro that he is he flew very well, there were some weird things happening because of the wind, Petey's Polaris was landing and at the last minute the wind flipped his plane, and boom off comes the tail, motor pod and all, yet with some Foam-Tac and 10 minutes work the plane was fixed, and 20 minutes later he was ready to fly again. Petey you are amazing!! Thanks for the awesome planes, and for the fun we had together today. I would also like to thank all the great Bergen County silent Fliers for a terrific breakfast and funfly. I would also like to give a shout out to our new friends Steve and is wife Denise from Killer Planes. Steve has some awesome products, you can check them out at Killerplanes.com give them a look, he can help you really crashproof your planes, give them a look I think you will be amazed as I was.

Thanks Again to everybody,
Eric G
Beacon Adhesives
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:29 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ridgewood ,NJ
Joined Jan 2000
3,525 Posts
Here is the link to the clubs breakfast thread.... Check out Rob's Foaminator Award ,presented by the one and only Deacon of Beacon.....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1756283
dr.E is online now Find More Posts by dr.E
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:04 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.E View Post
Here is the link to the clubs breakfast thread.... Check out Rob's Foaminator Award ,presented by the one and only Deacon of Beacon.....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1756283
Hey Doc, yesterday was fun. Even though I was pressed into being a presenter and raffle and carnival barker...LOL Just kidding we had a blast, good food, good friends and good fun, what could be better?
The Deacon of Beacon
Eric
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:07 PM
Ex AmA mEMBEr
United States, CA, San Bernardino
Joined Feb 2010
753 Posts
so, it looks like if your not from nj or ohio (that's near cleveland, right?) you can't be one of the beacon boyz and get to go to breakfast or crash planes with everybody or nuthin. s'not right. i'm the biggest touter of beacon's "quick grip" (since i only do epp and balsa) mmmm, breakfast.
got any coupons for foam tac "mr deacon of having all the fun beacon"?

just missing breakfast and crashing,
michael clyde

sounds like yaw had a good time
mchldpy is offline Find More Posts by mchldpy
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:24 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Coupons

Hey Michael,
Sorry you feel left out, but don't, you are luck enough to live on the good weather side of the country. I mean you can fly all year without freezing your landing gear off if you know what I mean!!! Yesterday it was about 65 degrees, but the wind was blowing so hard that most of us were flying backwards without even trying, a couple of guys got stuck in the magnetic trees that were partnered up with the wind to eat planes, got them both down, in bad shape but with Foam-Tac and determination, they were both back in the air and doing formation combat in about half an hour. what a great way to show what Foam-Tac can do. It was almost like we were filming a commercial for the glue. Anyway it was fun, fun, fun....
Sorry no coupons, but if you post a build, repair or tech tip with pictures here and on the Foam-Tac site you got a shot an an appreciation award from Beacon.
Remember to ask for it at your local hobby shop.
Thanks
Eric
The Deacon of Beacon
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:20 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,277 Posts
putting together my f86 i won from BCSF funfly this past weekend with beacon's glue, Quick Grip for epp/plastic and foam tac

i use the quick grip for the plastic hinges to the foam and its on there tight!, dont melt on epo!!!!
wonder how it will work on multiplex's enplor foam, ill report later tonight on that

and foam tac on the fin n verticals, holding very good, but took a litttle longer to harden, maybe i use too much to fill in holes? i remember Eric say " Little is more"....but i had to fill some small gaps in there, will report tomorrow after fully dry.

-pete
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:18 PM
Chino Renegade oh-gee, yo
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Feb 2008
2,549 Posts
Petey, those little Sabre's are really cool Mine was built with Eric's xlnt adhesive and has a couple mods, stock motor in a 6 blade fan on 4s 800mah The older run of these had an issue with the rear stab having too much positive incidence and making it fly tail heavy......the newer runs may have been fixed already, FYI. The factory CG mark is good on mine, with the stab fix remember.
You're gonna like it!
--Ray
J power F-86 Sabre Jet 50mm---- 4s lipo 6 blade fan----#2--Chino Renegades (4 min 59 sec)
Wrench66 is online now Find More Posts by Wrench66
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:39 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,277 Posts
love your 4 cell setup!!! and your 2 servo wing setup! i see you also cut the battery floor and add another floor under, im going to fly this stock this weekend on it weather permitting and go from there but love the wing mod though, i may do it before then if i can find 2 5 gram or 3.7's laying around

thanks for the info Ray!

sorry for the off topic guys, back into topic

the Quick grip works great on plastic and epo!!! its like it welded the foam around the control horns and i try yanking,pushing, biting!!! and its not moving!!!!

next i also use it on the Xeno(Elapor foam) did the same, it welded to foam to the plastics.
i see 2 winning glue for us guys, Foam Tac as we all here knows so far is great, now the Quik Grip for plastics/epp ( i now comfirm it also works for epo and elapor)

and for the people who have multiplex planes, ca/foam ca/epoxy DONT work well with thier foam, so far Quick Grip is working, im going to bring it to field and try it for few other pilots that have Multiplex planes and try it on them also and see how they rate it

-pete
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:14 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ridgewood ,NJ
Joined Jan 2000
3,525 Posts
This will be the upcoming club build...... I'll ask Andrei to cut them for us

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=31
dr.E is online now Find More Posts by dr.E
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:22 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
F-86

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbaby View Post
putting together my f86 i won from BCSF funfly this past weekend with beacon's glue, Quick Grip for epp/plastic and foam tac

i use the quick grip for the plastic hinges to the foam and its on there tight!, dont melt on epo!!!!
wonder how it will work on multiplex's enplor foam, ill report later tonight on that

and foam tac on the fin n verticals, holding very good, but took a litttle longer to harden, maybe i use too much to fill in holes? i remember Eric say " Little is more"....but i had to fill some small gaps in there, will report tomorrow after fully dry.

-pete
Hey Petey nice job again I like your pilot, she can do big Bomb drop.... HA HA..
yes remember less is better and if you have to fill gaps, do it in layers, put some on let it dry for a little while, then do another layer, try it works great.
Eric
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:50 PM
Canada, ON, Windsor
Joined Sep 2008
226 Posts
Is there anywhere I can order this glue from in Canada?? It looks like just what I'm looking for. Thanks
sidecar53 is offline Find More Posts by sidecar53
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:10 PM
Standing Athwart History
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2011
610 Posts
Eric:

Do you know anyone in the Dallas, Texas, area that sell it?

I try to keep an eye out, but have not seen it about in any of the stores I frequent. I would like to try it out, but I gotta be able to get my adhesives locally. Never know when I can find time for a build.
roo_ster is offline Find More Posts by roo_ster
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:49 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam-Tac

Hi Guys, I am working on getting Foam-Tac local to as many people as possible, try asking your local hobby shop to order some for you, if they contact me I will do my best to help you out,
I am working very hard to get Foam-Tac to everyone that wants it,

Thanks
Eric G
Beacon Adhesives
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:28 PM
United States, MI, Warren
Joined Aug 2011
641 Posts
Here is a quick update on my build of the Whitly,tail is done with working rudders,and the motors wired up with differential thrust.Motor cowling done and landing gear done.Working on the canopies now with 2"blue foam,might try to heat thin plastic over foam mold?never tried it berfore
maurice076 is offline Find More Posts by maurice076