HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:26 AM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
Eric

Will Foam-Tac fix that thumb....

The one that drove your plane into the bush ??? ;<)

Dr John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:01 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpjohn View Post
eric

will foam-tac fix that thumb....the one that drove your plane into the bush ??? ;<)

dr john
lol
billbo1970 is offline Find More Posts by billbo1970
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:51 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Hi Guys
I tried to fix my thumb with Foam-Tac but all I did was stick it to my fore finger, so I'm trying something else, in my case dumb thumbs are a life long condition but I working on it. I blame my thumbs but I think it's really me....
The Mako is fixed my ego is busted, and I'll try again soon.

Eric

The Deacon of Beacon
Eric Giorgiantonio is online now Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:37 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ridgewood ,NJ
Joined Jan 2000
3,504 Posts
Yup........ this should explain it
dr.E is online now Find More Posts by dr.E
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:19 AM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Giorgiantonio View Post
Guess I'm stuck in the house today so, I am going to finish up a bunch of projects that I have been unable to get to. First thing is CLEAN UP MY WORK BENCH, Regards
Eric
Frozen in NJ
A clean work bench is the sign of a sick mind.
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:10 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Hi Rickochet,

You hit the nail right on the head except one must have a mind in order for it to be sick, so I'm half way there.......lol.
What I meant is to straighten it up a bit, just to have enough room to work on my plane about 16"x24" worth of space. BTW build something and post pictures so I have something to do, besides watching the temperature drop!!!! it's freezing here.

Eric
The Deacon of Beacon
Eric Giorgiantonio is online now Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:00 PM
smokey point, wash.
Joined Dec 2003
1,141 Posts
Eric, sent you a PM...
maxxnut is offline Find More Posts by maxxnut
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:00 PM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
OK Eric

Here is something to look at. As much as I like to build I still enjoy throwing an occasional ARF together to just go fly. The Polaris Ultra is an out of the box build done 99% with Foam-Tac. The Ryan STA should not have required any glue but was broken in the box on arrival. Since Hobby King didn't feel the need to replace the broken fuselage I repaired it with Foam-Tac. The Polaris just had her maiden at my club field and I can hardly wait to get her to the lake.

Dr John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:11 PM
United States, FL, Mary Esther
Joined Jun 2008
276 Posts
I made a smaller version of the Stingray (the babyray) and made up a snorkeler (named Steve) to fly around with. Built both in one week thanks to Foam-Tac. Steve is based on the Skyman, free plans are at http://www.skyman.at/

Dr. John, that's a nice looking Polaris. I have the original Balsa USA North Star up in the attic, and want to get a Polaris built sometime this year.
Pavelow is offline Find More Posts by Pavelow
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:17 PM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Giorgiantonio View Post
Hi Rickochet,

You hit the nail right on the head except one must have a mind in order for it to be sick, so I'm half way there.......lol.
What I meant is to straighten it up a bit, just to have enough room to work on my plane about 16"x24" worth of space. BTW build something and post pictures so I have something to do, besides watching the temperature drop!!!! it's freezing here.

Eric
The Deacon of Beacon
Getting ready to start on a Mako kit and using FT v2 for the first time. Film at 11...

Rick
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:24 PM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavelow View Post
I made a smaller version of the Stingray (the babyray) and made up a snorkeler (named Steve) to fly around with. Built both in one week thanks to Foam-Tac. Steve is based on the Skyman, free plans are at http://www.skyman.at/
That looks similar to the Flyguy by Otto Dieffenbach. Here is link on the flyguy. Should make a good FT project.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1505753
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:36 PM
Joined Jun 2008
276 Posts
The Skyman is a bit simpler than the Flyguy, exposed prop and only has two control services (the legs). I plan to build a Skyman soon so I can evaluate the two designs. I'm very pleased with the Skyman as of now.

The Skyman design puts a lot of stress on the leg hinge joint, and Foam-Tac is holding up well for the hinge joint.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:38 PM
Joined Jun 2008
276 Posts
Oops, I plan to make a FLYGUY soon.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:55 PM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,417 Posts
Did you fly the skyman yet? I had some problems with mine. It liked to fly upside down like he was doing the back stroke. let me know how you make out.
Rich
rcrich is offline Find More Posts by rcrich
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:58 PM
Joined Jun 2008
276 Posts
I just did a couple of test hops. I have the battery pack on the left underside of the face and 5 degrees of right thrust and down thrust built into the motor mount. The battery is a 2C 600 mAh. From other posts it seems other Skyman like to roll right, but mine flew pretty straight. It's a little gusty here today so I kept it low and close. I hope to get it painted tonight and get some more stick time tomorrow.