HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:23 PM
Joined Jun 2012
17 Posts
Where can I buy Foam-Tac in the Columbus, Ohio area.

or where can I order it on-line.

Thanks,

Larry
CubCrafter is offline Find More Posts by CubCrafter
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:36 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam-Tac coating

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepster View Post
Eric,
Earlier in this post you mentioned a new product for applying a hard, smooth coating to foam. I have been searching for a product like this for quite some time and would be very interested to find out what it's called. I searched the Beacon website and was unable to find the product. Can you tell me what the product is called and where I can obtain it.
Thanks for your help,
Pepster
Sorry I don't have any info for you yet, but soon we are working on the final product as we speak, a few weeks and i will be able to give out the specs and name of the new finished product and where you can buy it.

Eric G
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:39 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubCrafter View Post

Thanks,

Larry
Hey Larry, the new product is shipping so won't be ready till end of next week, send me a message or post here and I will give you name of dealers n your area.
Eric G
Beacon Adhesives
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:48 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac WW1 Fantasy Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench66 View Post
Eric, that's some real nice work there bub.......wow I don't recall anyone around my flying circles putting hat much effort into WW1 era craft. Love the detail and attention to period correct pieces AKA the gunner's clothing.....beauty work my friend
--Ray
Hey Ray Thanks for the kind words, I like to do detailing some times with this plane I decided to do a little extra work and hand carve the pilot and gunner and paint them to resemble WW1 period airmen. the pilots scarf is made from a terry cloth hand towel, the gunner will have one also. as for the plane and the rest of the details, they are just made up from my imagination and remind me of what a WW1 fighter might look like. I encourage anyone to get into your shop dig out some scrap foam, wood and whatever else you can find and get creative and start gluing things together as you go. No plans just let the ideas flow and have fun. Just pick an era you like and build it. My plane is nothing more than balsa, scrap depron foam and Foam-Tac, that's it. Have fun.
Thanks Again
Eric
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:02 AM
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
Will this glue work on Dollar tree foam board with the paper removed.
soulreaper is offline Find More Posts by soulreaper
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:18 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
Will this glue work on Dollar tree foam board with the paper removed.
Yes it will, it will also work with the paper left on Foam-Tac is amazing glue.

Eric
Beacon Adhesives
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:00 AM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Giorgiantonio View Post
Hey Ray, You may not see it at your local craft store any more, since we reformulated the Foam-Tac we want to keep it in the hobby shops where it belongs, you will see other Beacon products like Fabric-Tac, don't use it for your planes, it is not water proof and if it gets wet your plane will come apart, if you have a local hobby shop send me the name and I will be sure to call them so they can carry Foam-Tac.
Regards
Eric G
Sorry but I don't understand that marketing strategy. I live in a small city with no hobby shops. The nearest one is 30 miles away. There probably are only a few hobby shops in the whole state. But there are lots of Michaels, JoAnns and Hobby Lobby craft stores. No hobby shops here but we have both a Michaels and JoAnns. These places already carry all of the other Beacon products as well as many other supplies rc aircraft builders use. It would be so easy for them include foam tac with their Beacon order. A hobby shop would have to make a special order, no? Also, I ordered Foam Tac from an online vendor along with a bunch of other stuff. I would not have ordered it and paid the shipping just for glue. Making your hobby products more available to more local stores would make better sense to me. BTW, my wifes hobby is 1/4" scale minature doll houses and she uses the Foam Tac frequently. She is also at JoAnns and Michaels weekly. Unless you have limited production capability I think that you are unnecessarily limiting your market.
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Last edited by Rickochet; Oct 19, 2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:56 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubCrafter View Post

Thanks,

Larry
Hi Larry,

I've been selling this product for a couple of years now & have a loyal following. I will have the new product in sometime next week, but you can place your order now. I'll be filling orders on a first-come first-served basis, and will have plenty in stock to cover existing + new orders.

Beacon Foam-Tac Glue

Regards,
Bill
billbo1970 is offline Find More Posts by billbo1970
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:30 PM
Joined Oct 2004
533 Posts
Yes folks foamtac is great stuff but they need to sell it at Walmart Stores so i can get some
more without paying for shipping on top of the allready high price.
I have seen Beacons Tacky glue at Walmart but that is not as good.
Still subscribed
OD
olddog is offline Find More Posts by olddog
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:42 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,277 Posts
Making another mini stingray to bring over this weekends funfly with buddies over jersey tp give For The raffle. Just The complete Build airframe hope I can build two by Sunday so they can do some combat

Peter
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by meanbaby; Oct 19, 2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:11 PM
AMA 353531
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Aug 2003
6,553 Posts
Is there a good thread that shows the foam-tac hinge procedure?
rdeis is offline Find More Posts by rdeis
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:29 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeis View Post
Is there a good thread that shows the foam-tac hinge procedure?
theres a few video here is one way of doing it, which is how i been doing it now

Beacon Foam Tac Glue (Hinge Video) (5 min 22 sec)

-pete
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:15 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbaby View Post
theres a few video here is one way of doing it, which is how i been doing it now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGtMjoLGYXE

-pete
Hey Petey, Thanks so much for posting the hinge video, and for the planes you are building. I have to say it again you are the Don Of Depron, Emperor of EPP,
the F_____ of Foam, couldn't think of anything royal to go with "F"... I am amazed at how fast and how well you build, Beautiful work, Anyway Thanks again and I will see you Sunday can't wait,You are the Bomb Digiddy Yo Yo awsesome.
Eric
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:20 PM
Chino Renegade oh-gee, yo
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Feb 2008
2,564 Posts
Here ya go, Eric......the "F"
--Ray

Wrench66 is offline Find More Posts by Wrench66
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:21 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac in Columbus Ohio and everywhere else.

Hi Guys, This is for all you guys that are wondering where to get Foam-Tac in Columbus, I called Hobbytown and Cyclone hobbies, I suggest you call them and request or suggest they carry Foam-Tac, and I will follow up with them next week when we start shipping. I am confident that after I spoke with them and you call asking for it they place an order. Works out well as you can then get it local to you.
I am also asking everyone else that wants to buy Foam-Tac local to them to call your local hobby shop and request they carry Foam-Tac. as I am calling all over the US in an effort to get the product in your local stores.
Thank for your help.
Eric G
Beacon Adhesives