HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:03 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Hey Dr. John,
Nice video of your Mig, I guess our American birds still don't like Russian fighters in their airspace! The Hawks were a gawkin, you got buzzed by buzzards...
really nice job looks good in the air,

Thanks for posting,

Eric
The Deacon of Beacon
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:18 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Hi Guys,
I tested my new foam- Tac Foamie today, and it flies awesome 32" WS 27"long and 8oz all up with a 3 cell 500mah LiPo and 2730-1500 turnigy motor with an 8x4 prop. Flies knife edge awesome hovers at less than half throttle, does every manouver in my book, I do crazy things and then I say I meant to do that!!!
I will post some video and pics later this week, I think I'll call this one my "Slick-Tac" as I kinda like using "Tac" in the names of all my planes, as I am building them all with Foam-Tac, anyway stay tuned.
Eric
The Deacon of Beacon
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:31 PM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
Eric,

Quick question for you. Is there much if any difference between Foam Tac and Beacons Fabri Tac? I have been using Fabri Tac for quite a while now as it is available in several stores in my area. I don't really notice much difference between them when working with Depron.

Dr John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:08 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Hi Dr. John,
There is a huge difference for me, first off Fabri-Tac is not as strong, or as durable,
it does not have the flexibility of Foam-Tac. It won't hold up as long and takes way longer to dry. You can't do hinges with it and I would not use it for any high stress areas. I love Foam-Tac for those reasons plus I use Foam-Tac for all parts of my build, hinges, landing gear, motor mounts, control horns, standoffs, not the things I would trust Fabri-Tac for, But if you are happy with it and it works for you then by all means use it, also I would have doubts about using Fabri-tac on EPP, EPO, which is the majority of what I build.
Eric
The Deacon of eacon
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:16 AM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
Thanks for the education !

Dr John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:55 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Hey Dr John,
No worries please feel free to ask any questions, That's what I'm here for,
Eric
The Deacon Of Beacon
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:56 PM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,505 Posts
I have a sort-of-tip... it involves a glue other than foam-tac, but the goal was to make foam-tac useful in ways it can't be already.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1781592
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:13 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Hey Acetech09,

That's pretty inventive, but expensive and I think I could save you some time and money, Foam-Tac will do all those things you did without mixing it with other glues, except for the gap filling part, I agree with you that Foam-Tac won't fill gaps easily or cheaply, but!!!! get ready for it... Beacon and I are in the process of testing one of our new products which is Foam-Tac gap filler. All the properties of Foam-Tac but this is designed to fill gaps, and will be priced attractively. Stay Tuned.

Thanks For posting your tips,

Eric
The Deacon of Beacon
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:18 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
1,462 Posts
Stopped in to BP Hobbies and they've got Foam Tac on the shelf, good job. And one of the staff has a background in adhesives and is quite laudatory of the stuff, so don't be surprised if you push a bunch of it through BP in the future. You've got the presence and the buy in from the people there.
BrownEyedFool is online now Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:16 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Hey Brown,
Thanks for the info, good to hear from a customer of BP that they like the product, it's like that with most vendors, I send them a couple of samples to try out and they like it alot, then order for their customers. I really like Foam-Tac and I have all the planes to prove it I have built 10 planes, that's 2 a week for the last 5 weeks and I have 4 more to build, I'll start tomorrow, and yes I fly all of them. Pictures coming soon.

Eric
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:16 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,276 Posts
nice info on that ace9, i like the idea, but the part about sticking on your fingers for a few days,hehehehehe.

Eric,
foam tac filler.hmmm......field repairs are going to be awesome!!!!!

FOAM TACCCCCCCCCC

-pete
meanbaby is online now Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:19 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam-Tac Gap Filler

Hey Petey,
Wait till you try this stuff you are going to love it. Best of all no mixing or mess or adding like we used to do with Epoxy and micro-balloons, you can use it right out of the bottle. Awesome stuff.

Eric G
The Deacon of Beacon
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:50 PM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,529 Posts
FoamTac filler sounds like a great new product. Are you looking for some Beta testers?
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:26 AM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Giorgiantonio View Post
Hey Petey,
Wait till you try this stuff you are going to love it. Best of all no mixing or mess or adding like we used to do with Epoxy and micro-balloons, you can use it right out of the bottle. Awesome stuff.

Eric G
The Deacon of Beacon
cant wait till its out to try it!!!!
meanbaby is online now Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:41 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam-Tac Gap Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bz1mcr View Post
FoamTac filler sounds like a great new product. Are you looking for some Beta testers?
Not yet, but I will keep you on the list if and when we do use beta testers. Thanks for the offer.
On a side note I used do BETA Testing when I was younger, I wasn't very good at it, as I could never get the fish to answer any questions?????
Get it? "Beta" as in the fish you win at a county fair.... sorry for the poor attempt at humor, but hey, at least I laughed!
Now getting back to being serious, you guys will love the new products we have been working on, they fill a void in the foamie market and provide us with products that will bring the "Foamie" builder to the next level. We don't have to settle for rough surfaces, large gaps, and non scale finishing, we will have the ability to waterproof, and make scale sooth surfaces, without sacrificing weight and strength, and all at a reasonable price.
Stay tuned for more info.
Eric
The Deacon of Beacon