Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:53 PM
full throttle flyer
Joined Nov 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Giorgiantonio View Post
Hi Buddy, like anything else think "common sense" and "moderation" once in a while I don't worry about, but all the time can't be good, use your judgement.

Eric
so i guess using it to whiten my teeth is not a good idea .
my_names_nobody is offline Find More Posts by my_names_nobody
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:54 PM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,505 Posts
I guess I should stop using it as hair gel then. That might explain my dandruff.
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:27 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetech09 View Post
I guess I should stop using it as hair gel then. That might explain my dandruff.
Wow! I never thought of using it for hair gel, man if I had more than 3 hairs left I would try it. And when I get my new teeth I going to see if it really works to whiten them, maybe I can use it to hold my teeth in. Yuk Yuk.... Meanwhile I'll just stick to using it on my planes, got 2 more I'm working on that are almost done. I have built more planes in 3 months than I have in the last 10 years. I really love Foam-Tac it has put the fun back in building planes.
Eric
The Deacon of Beacon
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:37 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,276 Posts
Quote:
Wow! I never thought of using it for hair gel, man if I had more than 3 hairs left I would try it. And when I get my new teeth I going to see if it really works to whiten them, maybe I can use it to hold my teeth in. Yuk Yuk.... Meanwhile I'll just stick to using it on my planes, got 2 more I'm working on that are almost done. I have built more planes in 3 months than I have in the last 10 years. I really love Foam-Tac it has put the fun back in building planes.
Eric
The Deacon of Beacon
sad to say, it wont hold caps or a cap and post on, ask me how i know

-pete
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:39 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbo1970 View Post
You guys are too much... really. And I genuinely mean that

Bill
you should come down and fly with us, we show you good time and how much fun we have!!!!

-pete
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:40 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMParkFlyer View Post
Too many glue fumes while building sponson ..ships. You shouldn't try to recruit so many in one night. Limit yourself to 2 or 3 per night. After all it takes a while for the glue to cure and create a lasting bond between both parties.

Hows that for double talk !!!

Oh ... and about that build contest ! how about that Tuff Cub Trainer Plane.

WMPF will be offering free plans before Christmas. Stay tuned
hahahahah

that tuff cub looks cute!!! i want one, more info please if you can

-pete
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:45 PM
I ask a lot of questions.
Canada, AB, Airdrie
Joined Aug 2012
160 Posts
@Eric; Thanks for the MSDS. I was actually quite surprised that it really is very safe and harmless. For anyone not accustom to reading these things, the finer point are that it may cause skin effects if prolonged repeated contact. From my years of dealing with chemicals and always being on top of my suppliers for MSDS documentation, "Skin effects" basically means "Dry skin."

One concern would be to avoid smoking. If your like me, I like to smoke when I tinker, so I guess that will be a no-no while using FT. But I think that would stand for all the glues and epoxies, not just FT.

Hope this info helps anyone else that might be concerned.

ps...This stuff is safer to use than UHUpor
Disco Stew is offline Find More Posts by Disco Stew
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:36 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Hey Stew,

I'm like you I have had to read MSDS doc's also and isn't great about Foam-Tac and how safe it really is. One one my favorite aspects is that I can build for hours and not stink up the shop with that heavy glue smell.

Regards
Eric
the Deacon of Beacon
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:40 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbaby View Post
you should come down and fly with us, we show you good time and how much fun we have!!!!

-pete
Hey Petey,

I wish I could come and fly with you one of the best times I had this year was when we went flying after the club breakfast, and having you yell "Foam-Tac" everytime someone crashed their plane!!! It was hilarious almost looked like we were filming a Foam-Tac commercial. Too much fun I hope we can do it again soon.
Talk to you soon.
Eric
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:57 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
sad to say, it wont hold caps or a cap and post on, ask me how i know

-pete
I think you need to use Beacon Quick-Grip for that
billbo1970 is offline Find More Posts by billbo1970
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:58 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Quote:

-pete
Where do you fly? Do you ever come out here to Suffolk County?

Bill
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:04 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
one of the best times I had this year was when we went flying after the club breakfast, and having you yell "Foam-Tac" everytime someone crashed their plane!!! It was hilarious almost looked like we were filming a Foam-Tac commercial.
Holy heart failure, Batman! Did you just come up with a good idea Eric?

You can always post a video on YouTube, the Foam-Tac website, and your vendors can show it too.... commercials aren't only for TV now-a-days..

Bill
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:06 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Stew View Post
Back in the day, my parents were given mercury to play with in science class.
At one point in my life, I was a dental supplies salesman. I got to fill a fake tooth when learning about the products. When mixing the filling material, I was playing with the mercury (inside it's plastic container) before mixing it

Bill
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:19 AM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
A Question For Eric

I am starting a new blucor build today (next month's prize winner ) and will crack open a new bottle of the old formula Fun Tac. My concern using FT is the working time when fitting parts together. Instead of putting FT on one part, joining the parts and pulling them apart then rejoining them how about just putting it on one part, join them together, position in place and leave it alone. Is it that critical to pull the pieces apart or will it cure without doing that?
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Last edited by Rickochet; Nov 29, 2012 at 07:32 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:27 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
I am starting a new blucor build today and will crack open a new bottle of the old formula Fun Tac. My concern using FT is the working time when fitting parts together. Instead of putting FT on one part, joining the parts and pulling them apart then rejoining them how about just putting it on one part, join them together, position in place and leave it alone. Is it that critical to pull the pieces apart or will it cure without doing that?
The pulling apart & re-joining just speeds up the bond (and cure time). If you don't do that, your pieces may slide around and set incorrectly. If you're using a clamp, then it's not an issue.

Bill