HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:54 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb View Post
Hi Eric,
I've been experimenting with Foam Tac for a couple of months now. I love the speed with which I can build with it. I am only giving it a couple of minutes to set up though. This gives me just a bit of wiggle time to make position adjustments.

So far, so good. Here is my latest project with MPF and Foam Tac. Build time was 30 minutes each with your product.

Thank you,
Ken

Hey Ken, what can I say except "BEEEUUUTTTIIIIIFUL!!! work. I love the work you guys do. I am amazed at the skill level of the builds I have seen so far, you guys are really foam Artists. Think about it, you take a bunch of inexpensive products like foam and Foam-Tac, add some electronic gear to it, and most importantly your skill and imagination and come up with some incredible works of flying art. I mean where else do you see this level of creativity and talent put into an RC toy, aside from cars, trucks, boats and trains. I think modelers are the best at what they do, and I am proud to be a part of this awesome hobby. BTW I am adding this to the Beacon Adhesive entry list for the monthly C..test.Can't say it here but you know what I mean wink, wink. This goes for all that post pix here.
Regards
Eric
the Deacon of Beacon
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:57 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchldpy View Post
hey eric,
does the new foam-tac dry any faster than your "quick grip" product. if you pull apart and re-stick q/grip about 3 times in 60 seconds you can be flying in 20 minutes. (not for use on extruded polystyrene type foam, that's what foam-tac is for, unless you can afford $8 or more for uhu por)

michael clyde
Hey Micheal, Foam-Tac works about the same way as our Quick-Grip, I would say depending on the type of repair it should be the same, if it's in a really high stress area I would triple check before flying, other wise you should be good to go.
Eric G
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:00 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by snolord1 View Post
i dont have it at my local hobby shop
pioneer valley hobbies
west springfield,massachussetts
Hey Snor, Tell you what, give them a call and ask for it, I am making lots of sales calls and will add Pioneer to my list so that you can get it local.
Thanks
Eric G
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:04 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench66 View Post
I haven't seen Foam Tac in my local Micheal's here in Chino, Calif. Could you look into that Eric? I know they do carry your line of other adhesives.
Thanks,
--Ray
Hey Ray, You may not see it at your local craft store any more, since we reformulated the Foam-Tac ,it will take a little time to get it into your local stores, And most want to finish up what stock they have or can get before ordering the new products if you have a local hobby shop send me the name and I will be sure to call them so they can carry Foam-Tac.
Regards
Eric G
Last edited by Eric Giorgiantonio; Nov 03, 2012 at 04:41 AM. Reason: text
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:03 PM
Chino Renegade oh-gee, yo
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Feb 2008
2,572 Posts
Flashback Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Giorgiantonio View Post
Hey Ray, You may not see it at your local craft store any more, since we reformulated the Foam-Tac we want to keep it in the hobby shops where it belongs, you will see other Beacon products like Fabric-Tac, don't use it for your planes, it is not water proof and if it gets wet your plane will come apart, if you have a local hobby shop send me the name and I will be sure to call them so they can carry Foam-Tac.
Regards
Eric G
Hi Eric, thanks yeah my last online order is about run out so I am looking for a local place to pick up some more. Does Pegasus Hobbies in Montclair, Ca. carry Foam Tac? If not please ask if they would .

Oh, I had forgotten to add my entry into the contest

This plane I had built a little while ago is a scratchbuilt without plans, just an idea of what I wanted in my head (a classic pattern/60's type) and it had to have a split tail. I haven't been building much lately because of health but hope to soon as I love working with foam as a build medium.
In the build pics you can see a bottle of your 3 and 1 adhesive that was used in some parts of the build.
Here's the build and a video
Thanks,
--Ray

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58226

Flashback Too RC airplane windy day @ IE (4 min 27 sec)

Wrench66 is offline Find More Posts by Wrench66
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:47 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Hey Ray, Nice job on the Flashback, nice flying plane glad to see our Beacon products in use, as with the other guys that posted their builds and projects I will make sure to get this to the home office for a chance at an award,wink,wink, Thanks for posting, awesome job love the twin rudder tail.

Regards

Eric G
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:00 PM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,474 Posts
rc bird model plane foam and beacon foam tac glue (2 min 28 sec)

latest foam tac build with MPF on a rc bird
rcrich is offline Find More Posts by rcrich
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:50 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Hello everybody,

I just wanted to remind you all that I carry Foam-Tac and have very reasonable shipping costs (in & outside the USA). Within the USA it's only $2.99 for shipping, you can order 2-4 bottles before at that rate. For customers outside the USA, add it to your cart & my shipping calculator will tell you the cost (it's BELOW my actual shipping cost).

Foam-Tac

Eric,

I got your voicemail the other day, I've been super busy w/new products coming in & also the complete redesign of my website. Give me a call when you get in this morning so we can chat. Pete was going to send me some samples of the new potting compound, do you know if you guys have manufactured the latest batch of test product yet?

Regards,
Bill
billbo1970 is offline Find More Posts by billbo1970
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:58 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich View Post
http://youtu.be/e4cD4t2eVs8
latest foam tac build with MPF on a rc bird
Hey Rich, It's a plane, it's man... no it's a bird? Nice job looks awesome I love different flying things, the abstract, and absurd, and they shouldn't fly, but they do and they do fly very well. You Know what they say "birds of a feather, use Foam-Tac to stick together" yuk, yuk!! Keep up the great work, very creative.

Eric G

Beacon Adhesive.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:00 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbo1970 View Post
Hello everybody,

I just wanted to remind you all that I carry Foam-Tac and have very reasonable shipping costs (in & outside the USA). Within the USA it's only $2.99 for shipping, you can order 2-4 bottles before at that rate. For customers outside the USA, add it to your cart & my shipping calculator will tell you the cost (it's BELOW my actual shipping cost).

Foam-Tac

Eric,

I got your voicemail the other day, I've been super busy w/new products coming in & also the complete redesign of my website. Give me a call when you get in this morning so we can chat. Pete was going to send me some samples of the new potting compound, do you know if you guys have manufactured the latest batch of test product yet?

Regards,
Bill
Hey Bill, will give you a call later this morning.
Eric G
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:11 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Giorgiantonio View Post
Hey Bill, will give you a call later this morning.
Eric G
Hey Eric,

It was great talking to you, I know we had been playing phone-tag for a while

Bill
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:43 AM
United States, MI, Warren
Joined Aug 2011
642 Posts
Hi Eric,I'm a little slow to find this thread since I've been reading another long one.I love your foam tac also,wish I ordered more.I have been using epp lately and like Ken said it's great for a quick build,or repairs.I mean put it on rub parts together,wait maybe 10 sec. and stick.I have taken it outside with me and put a little on some landing rash and take back off.My local hobbyshop is http://www.propshophobbies.com/
There is room in the glue cabinet there i'm sure.Here is a pic on a new one still in progress:
maurice076 is offline Find More Posts by maurice076
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:49 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Hey Maurice,

That looks great! What are you basing it on? It reminds me of a B-25 Mitchell, even though you don't have twin stabs on the tail

Bill
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:57 AM
United States, MI, Warren
Joined Aug 2011
642 Posts
Hi Billbo it is a Armstrong Whitly,I just took a 3 view and measured it up to 36"w/s.It isn't done still needs twin stabs(gonna make rudders work),should have that done today.Went together quick once I cut the parts.
maurice076 is offline Find More Posts by maurice076
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:00 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Maurice,

Well, that's quite an ambitious build you've got going there. You will be unique at the flying field, that's for sure... Don't think I've ever seen one of those as an R/C. Keep up the great work!

BTW, when you cut out the rudders... just glue them back onto the stabs with Foam-Tac, don't bother with any tape. It will work great!

Bill