HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:54 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLM View Post
I guess you're right - my supply kept me insulated from the storm...

Went in search last night after I had my little rant and found the thread you mention - and you're right - it's all there... I realize your position and having the job of speaking to the crowd is not always fun. For that I commiserate.

Sorry to muddy the wrong thread.

Gary
Hi Gary, No worries, I just did not want to start all the explanations again on this thread, as I want this to be strictly for the Foam-Tac contest. You have every right to question the situation for as you say, you have been out of the loop for a while. If you have any questions at all concerning Foam-Tac please feel free to contact me either by phone, which you can get off the Foam-Tac web page or send me a private message and I will be glad to fill you in. there is nothing I like more than talking about this great hobby and the adhesive I represent. I am after all a modeler first and love this hobby. So drop me a line and lets chat. Now done to business, post some pix of you build, repair or tech tip for a chance at this months prize, get to "sticken and clicken" and maybe your name will be picked, OK?
Thanks for the input,
Eric G
The Deacon of Beacon
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:59 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircontrol View Post
Designed a tuff EPP trainer for some indoor flying this winter. Foam-Tac really holds the dihedral in the wing tips and yet the wing is still flexible. Last night I flew into a steel pole at half speed with no damage!!
Has a KFM airfoil, 32" wing span and 6oz auw.
Hey Aircontrol,
Awesome plane, you got" mad skills" as the kids say, I think that means really good, what do I know I'm old!!! But I mean it nice job I love it and you are entered in this months contest. You guys make me feel so inadequate when I compare your builds to mine, Boo Hoo!! that's me crying.. You are just all so talented I can't wait to see more, keep em' coming.
Regards and good luck,
Eric
The Deacon of Beacon
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:41 PM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.E View Post
Is the gap filling for the inside of the KF step.... If so you don't need it.....

Foam tack is flexible and does not create a stress point on the glued joint

Is gap filling for esthetics... If so there is no added strength to it, look for something that would flex just like the foamtac joint...I would just use foamtac and microballoons....

*******(actually I got a spice/coffee grinder and I put chuncks of EPO or EPS from the shipping crate and grind them, then I mix them with foamtack and apply to the gap)

How'd you like that Deacon
The first thing i pictured when reading this was someone opening there hobbyking order box , pulling out there ARF EPO plane(there considered packing for shipping crates arent they ??? Right Freddie ??) and jamming it in the food processor so that they could fill gaps on there Scratchbuild . Funny picture ... in my head atleast
Wilfor is online now Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:27 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfor View Post
The first thing i pictured when reading this was someone opening there hobbyking order box , pulling out there ARF EPO plane(there considered packing for shipping crates arent they ??? Right Freddie ??) and jamming it in the food processor so that they could fill gaps on there Scratchbuild . Funny picture ... in my head atleast
Hey Wilfor,
Now that you mention it, that is a funny mental picture Ha Ha, LOL...

Eric.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:35 AM
full throttle flyer
Joined Nov 2012
35 Posts
PakFA :T-50

Soviet

Pak Fa T-50
40inch wing span
53inch length
AUW 40oz
450motor
6x4 prop
600watts
completely done using Foam Tac. took 3/4 of a bottle
i have to say that this stuff makes scratch building sooooo much easier
the pictures of me holding it is to show how the glue holds up from holding it from an elevon
my_names_nobody is offline Find More Posts by my_names_nobody
Last edited by my_names_nobody; Nov 26, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:36 AM
Joined Oct 2004
537 Posts
Well here is a picture of my latest build with FoamTac glue, it is mostly my own design.
I wanted a plane to do a little sport flying and maybe some 3D so this is what i came up with.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
olddog is offline Find More Posts by olddog
Last edited by olddog; Nov 27, 2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Something wrong with the picture.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:23 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLM View Post
Hi Eric,

A friend sent me an alarming email today about our magic elixir...

Our supplier "RCFoam" was selling Faom Tac for $3.99 for a 2oz. bottle - we would go in together on orders for 15 to 20 bottles at a time and would get the shakes if our supply got below a 3 - 4 bottle stash limit.

It is fantastic glue!

It was time for a re-order - he informed me this morning that the price has gone from $3.99 a bottle to $11.99 a bottle. OMG!!!

http://www.rcfoam.com/product_info.p...fbb0f35f007f6b

Is there something going on that we should know about? Is there a world shortage of key ingredients or something?

Is there any reason the price would go up 300 percent with in a few months?

UHU Por was the glue of choice before Foam Tac came along and now it's cheaper!

http://www.rcfoam.com/index.php?cPath=90&osCsid=58a0ab5ee18f09203afbb0f3 5f007f6b

Please let us know what's going on!!!

Gary
I said something about this 6 or 7 pages ago but i guess its just starting to sink in. Yes i would not want to bring it up in their contest thread or any other if i were them. joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:15 AM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,270 Posts
I have been Using Foam Tac ( the old Formula) on my current build . I will post it here once i get it complete . I havent laminated anything with it yet but for the rest of my joints it has worked really well . I will be buying a bottle of the new formula to try out once my glue reserves run down . I really like how i dont have to worry about it moving while drying as its tacky enough to hold its position once youve applied glue to one side pressed to parts together and then take them apart wait a few seconds ( usually around 10 for me im impatient then put them back together) unlike other glues i use which like to slip slide around .
Wilfor is online now Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:16 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,998 Posts
[QUOTE=GLM;23347261]

.................................................. .. UHU Por was the glue of choice before Foam Tac came along and now it's cheaper!

http://www.rcfoam.com/index.php?cPath=90&osCsid=58a0ab5ee18f09203afbb0f3 5f007f6b

Gary[/QUOTE]

WOW! Thanks, I love UHU Por. Used to get mine at Michael's, and it's a deal for how well it works and how long it lasts. Germans use it a lot in their builds and that is how I found out about it. I need to go order some......

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:02 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam-Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
I said something about this 6 or 7 pages ago but i guess its just starting to sink in. Yes i would not want to bring it up in their contest thread or any other if i were them. joe
Hi Joe,
Really? it's not that I don't want to "bring it up" as you said, I will gladly discuss this with everybody, but this is our contest thread, I would like to keep it a contest thread. We have another thread going and that is where I prefer to discuss this issue, but if I must I will. First point, you used to be able to buy it for 3.99, for the original product, We reformulated Foam-Tac and like everything else the cost of manufacture has gone up just like everything else in this economy, if you want specifics as to why, search the previous posts, second point if you prefer to use another product by all means do so, if you like you can check out the "Where to buy Foam-Tac" thread lots of info there,

Thanks
Eric
Beacon Adhesives
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:07 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Hey Olddog and Nobody,

Awesome job on those builds, I said it before and I'll say it again you guys are very talented, I hope we will see some flight video or report at least, Keep up the great work and good luck next winner will be announced soon, your both entered.
Thanks
Eric G
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:15 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Giorgiantonio View Post
Hi Joe,
Really? it's not that I don't want to "bring it up" as you said, I will gladly discuss this with everybody, but this is our contest thread, I would like to keep it a contest thread. We have another thread going and that is where I prefer to discuss this issue, but if I must I will. First point, you used to be able to buy it for 3.99, for the original product, We reformulated Foam-Tac and like everything else the cost of manufacture has gone up just like everything else in this economy, if you want specifics as to why, search the previous posts, second point if you prefer to use another product by all means do so, if you like you can check out the "Where to buy Foam-Tac" thread lots of info there,

Thanks
Eric
Beacon Adhesives
I would keep this up but its no use, it is funny watching others catching on to your new price tho . Just telling me to use other products while you are in your free /contest free stuff sales mode will not end this. And telling the ones who ask about the high price to pm you or just go away wont end either. BTW i know many builders that are buying the old stuff up by the box full for when you raise the price ,then guess whats going to happen ? joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:20 PM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by my_names_nobody View Post
Pak Fa T-50
40inch wing span
53inch length
AUW 40oz
450motor
6x4 prop
600watts
completely done using Foam Tac. took 3/4 of a bottle
i have to say that this stuff makes scratch building sooooo much easier
the pictures of me holding it is to show how the glue holds up from holding it from an elevon
Wow, that looks great!!
billbo1970 is offline Find More Posts by billbo1970
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:25 PM
full throttle flyer
Joined Nov 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbo1970 View Post
Wow, that looks great!!
thanks

the plans are from rcpowers.com
i gave the plans to Meanbaby and he cut it out for me,since he had foam and i wanted him to build his own but he decided just to cut it out for me . and i did the rest .
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:32 PM
full throttle flyer
Joined Nov 2012
35 Posts
whats the process of using foam tac to laminate , and what are the benifits of laminating