HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:26 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Hi Guys,
Just want to clear up a couple of things about usage, On the previous version of Foam-Tac the directions did say to apply and wait 20 minutes. After getting feedback from modelers, we updated the instructions on the new package to reflect what they found was the best way to use the product. By applying a small bead and pushing the pcs together then pulling apart once or twice then waiting a minute or so, when you rejoin the pcs you get a strong enough bond to continue your build or repair, and you still have time to move the parts should you need to do so. As for laminating foam pcs, I have found the best way for me is to add a bead of Foam-Tac spread it thin with an old credit or gift card or spatula on one side only, then put the parts together, I did this just this morning and the bond is amazing and quick, I am assembling a plane with a KF wing and this way works amazing for me, try it with some scrap foam an see how you like it.

Eric
Beacon adhesives
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:38 PM
Templeton, CA
Joined Jan 2005
95 Posts
Blue foam

[QUOTEand sometimes...DONT believe in instruction, why? well, that same wing, was blue core 2 inch hot wired , BSI foam safe is foam safe right??? well.... not for Blue core 2 inch, or the batch of 2 inch dow i got from home depot or the bottle i got from BSI, it ate the foam up like you wont believe, and it suppose to be foam safe, no i havent even spray on the kicker yet even!!! now did i dis BSI? for mis-advertisement? nope, just caulk it up as a lesson learn, BSI foam safe CA +BLue core 2 inch= disaster

btww= i still trust my nephew and i still use BSI foam safe

-pete[/QUOTE]

BSI addressed this issue in our ads and on our web site:

Q When using your Super-Gold thin CA to assemble an aircraft made of a fine grain smooth white foam, there was some cratering on edges of the joints. What caused this? L. Scribner, Southern Pines, NC
A: It sounds like the foam was reacting to the excess heat from the curing process. This is much more likely to occur with the thin Super-Gold when Insta-Set is used on it, so a minimal amount of the spray mist should be applied. Some foams, especially the fine grain blue and white foams, have much lower tolerance to heat, so only the Super-Gold+ should be used on these. Thin can be used on the fine grain foams when it is applied to the surfaces that have been cut with a hot wire. But if you were to sand an edge of that same foam, the thin seems to react with the foam dust and quickly cures, creating excess heat that can melt a lot of foam.
Charlee is offline Find More Posts by Charlee
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:30 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Hi Guys,
One more day till winner is announced, are you ready???
I will post tomorrow, stay stuned...

Eric
Beacon Adhesives
Last edited by Eric Giorgiantonio; Nov 07, 2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:29 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,277 Posts
good luck you guys!!! keep em building coming!!!

-pete
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:28 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac Winners

OK, Guys,
The winners for this month have been picked, it was a difficult decision because all your entries were so good and showed a level of creativity and talent, that exemplifies what this hobby is all about, and Beacon Adhesives is proud to give back,and contribute to.
I will post winners names later as soon as I let them know they won and they give me their names, Thank you to everyone, and remember this contest is still on as long as you all continue to post your entries we will run the contest and all past non winners are still eligible for next months contest,
With Great appreciation and Thanks
Eric G
The Deacon of Beacon
Beacon Adhesives
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:22 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam-Tac Winners!!!

Ok,
Here we go, the winners for this month's contest are,,,,,, Wait for it!.....................
Maurice076, for his scratch built Whitly Bomber, it's a warbird, it's a twin engine model, and he did an awesome job of painting, and using Foam-Tac.

Next up, Wrench66, for his creative recycling of a toy store chuck glider into a fast fun flyer, and also for his own design 3D foamie, Not only did he use foam-Tac but, he also used Beacon's Quick-Grip, and our 3 in 1 adhesives and he did beautiful work.

These gentlemen will be receiving their awards next week, both will get a $50.00 Cash card to spend how they like, and also a bottle of Foam-Tac so they can build more projects.

Please keep posting here and on the Foam-Tac web site to increase your chances of winning, all previous entries that did not win are still eligible for the next contest, So get to "Sticken and Clicken" for your chance and fame and fortune. Remember your entry could be a build, repair or tech tip, scratch build, ARF, kit, also does not have to be strictly foam, could be wood too, as Foam-Tac sticks to just about anything.
Congrats to you both,
Eric G
Beacon Adhesives
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:19 AM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,445 Posts
good job guys
rcrich is offline Find More Posts by rcrich
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:08 AM
United States, MI, Warren
Joined Aug 2011
641 Posts
Thanks guys,I really wasn't expecting such a great prize,maybe I should go get a lottery ticket.I will post back in a little while with a couple final pics and a quick maiden report.
maurice076 is offline Find More Posts by maurice076
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:54 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Hi Buddy,
Looking forward to the maiden report, good luck and happy landings, and keep them coming! BTW definitely buy a lottery ticket, "You never know".
Regards
Eric
The Deacon of Beacon...
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:10 PM
United States, MI, Warren
Joined Aug 2011
641 Posts
Thanks Eric,Here are a couple more pics.After the storm Sandy I found 1 day with low enough winds to give it a try.I warmed up on a couple RET planes,then brought the Whitly out.I wasn't sure about using 2s,so I went with a 3s 850,plenty of power now.Never tried diff. thrust before or multi motor with C.R. props,sure is smooth.After a long takeoff roll she lifted-and kept going up,so I throttled down a bit and got her leveled with the elevator.I like to bring 'em down to adjust trim,otherwise I tend to crash.I brought her around an she turned easily enough.Coming back to me for landing,was o.k. then at the last minute she rolled left and caught the prop.Now I remember why I like prop savers.It didn't take much to break that 6030X3 gws prop.Anyway I picked up more props and they are being drilled out and I should have them today.As you can see in the pic the L.G. is awful short so I think if made longer it will shorten takeoff roll+protect the prop better.

I will make a vid when the right time comes,but with winter coming flying days are limited.I know one thing,next year she will be enjoyed a lot,along with whatever else get's built during these cold+windy months.
maurice076 is offline Find More Posts by maurice076
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:46 PM
Chino Renegade oh-gee, yo
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Feb 2008
2,543 Posts
Foam tac flyers

Jeez, I don't know quite what to say but Thanks!!
Congrats to Maurice as well, I do love multi-motored planes and his is a great model.

best to all,
--Ray
Wrench66 is offline Find More Posts by Wrench66
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:40 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,277 Posts
grats you two!!! beautiful build

-pete
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:00 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,277 Posts
building Polaris #35 on the bench and #34 is done standing upright on he pic, been using foam tac on all my builds and loving it, now heres a question, i been scare to use foam tac for the tail assembly becuase there ios where the g10 1400kv be going,
Eric,you think i be safe to mount the plywood mount and then the tail section together with foam tac? should hold all the weight and torque of the motor right?

oo heck, im going to try it and test the holding of the critical section of the motor assembly, i will report back!!!! i believe it will hold just as good or even better then epoxy that i been using for that spot!

other pictue, all planes build with foam tac except the wing(purple and yellow), was build last year before i started using foam tac
-pete
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by meanbaby; Nov 12, 2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:23 PM
United States, NY, Kings
Joined Feb 2006
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbaby View Post
other pictue, all planes build with foam tac except the wing(purple and yellow), was build last year before i started sing foam tac
-pete
That's strange, I have not heard you singing it, can you remind us that song
SergeyK is online now Find More Posts by SergeyK
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:13 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeyK View Post
That's strange, I have not heard you singing it, can you remind us that song
hahahahah opps, my u key musted have not worked atm or its haunted!!! going fix it now

-pete
RCG Plus Member