HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:19 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich View Post
Nice job Pete. I joined BCSF and I'm looking forward to seeing your work up close.
YAY!!! welcome aboard!!!! you sure will!!! and thanks Eric!!! POP EM OUT PETEY huh?!?!?! much better then butt pirate Pete!!!!
you going have a ton of fun with the crew Rich! we always have ton of fun

1st 3 polaris took me like 3-5 days each!!!!( i say about 20-23 hour total build time spread in that many days) and nothing was squared!!! but still flew around #9 or 10 i got it to about 2 days(14-16hour build time) wasnt until around #20 i got it down to about 11-12 hour, thats when i make full tampletes which save me tons of time

out of the 32 polaris i build, about 8 of them is mines , rest if for friends all over!
-pete
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:03 PM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,495 Posts
Thank You!
Cant wait to fly with you guys!
rcrich is offline Find More Posts by rcrich
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: flying penguin
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:09 PM
Joined Dec 2006
1,441 Posts
oops, found the right thread (where to buy foam-tac)..
noobee is offline Find More Posts by noobee
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:05 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,283 Posts
hope Sandy didnt do much damage to factory Eric, Mount Vernon got hit pretty good last night

-pete
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:07 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ridgewood ,NJ
Joined Jan 2000
3,569 Posts
I think they were whipping up a batch of Super Strength Factory Tac
dr.E is offline Find More Posts by dr.E
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:31 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.E View Post
I think they were whipping up a batch of Super Strength Factory Tac
Factory-Tac yeah the hardest part was pushing the building together and pulling it apart again, then pushing it back together again, Whew!!!! but we did it. now if I can only get the "CG" right I think I can get the factory to fly..... BTW does anybdy know where to get a 6,000,0000,0000 cell 900,000,0000,0000,000 mah LiPo??
Oh and don't forget a charger too.....YUK, YUK ,YUK,

The Deacon of Beacon
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:13 PM
Standing Athwart History
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2011
640 Posts
Ok, found some at a lhs with new mgt.

So, is this just 20 minute wait time contact cement? Because that is wht it sounds like in the directions.
roo_ster is offline Find More Posts by roo_ster
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:01 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by roo_ster View Post
Ok, found some at a lhs with new mgt.

So, is this just 20 minute wait time contact cement? Because that is wht it sounds like in the directions.
This is similar to a contact cement, the beauty is you don't wait 20 minutes, spread some on push pcs together and pull apart, wait about 1 minute push pcs together and Violla!! it is an all foam friendly adhesive designed for the RC market, it really is a great product for building and repairing all types of foam, wood, plastic, etc.... Try it I think you will like it alot.
Eric
Beacon Adhesives
Last edited by Eric Giorgiantonio; Nov 01, 2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:02 AM
(ACCELLERATII INCREDIBUS)
Jenison Michigan
Joined Apr 2008
394 Posts
What can I use to thin Foam-Tac? Sometimes it gets thick near the end of a bottle.

John.
aircontrol is offline Find More Posts by aircontrol
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:17 AM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparken57 View Post
Hi ERIC: I bet if you get Michael's to sell Foam Tac (They already sell the 3 in 1)your sales will increase a lot.I know myself I HATE paying shipping cost and anytime I can find a product local all the more better.I bought a bottle of 3 in 1 thinking it was good for all foam.It says acid free on the bottle.Well it eat the Dollar Tree foam.so I wasted my money on 3in1.Thanks Ken
I have already beaten that horse to death. For some reason they have no interest in distributing to craft stores like Michael's, JoAnns et al even though they sell their other products there. I have both in my small city but no hobby shops within 30 miles.

As mentioned in an earlier post it would be nice to see a vendor like HeadsUpRC carry this since their $2 shipping rates make smaller orders more palatable.
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:57 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
I have already beaten that horse to death. For some reason they have no interest in distributing to craft stores like Michael's, JoAnns et al even though they sell their other products there. I have both in my small city but no hobby shops within 30 miles.

As mentioned in an earlier post it would be nice to see a vendor like HeadsUpRC carry this since their $2 shipping rates make smaller orders more palatable.
Hi Rickochet,

We are making every effort to supply our products to quality stores to ensure that customers can get our products locally. The new Foam-Tac has just launched and things take time so please be patient and I am sure all will be satisfied, I like things yesterday and sometimes things don't happen nearly as fast as I would like, but believe me, they are happening. As for HeadsUpRc check back with them, they should have Foam-Tac in stock soon.

Eric G
Beacon Adhesives
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:28 PM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Giorgiantonio View Post
Hi Rickochet,

We are making every effort to supply our products to quality stores to ensure that customers can get our products locally. The new Foam-Tac has just launched and things take time so please be patient and I am sure all will be satisfied, I like things yesterday and sometimes things don't happen nearly as fast as I would like, but believe me, they are happening. As for HeadsUpRc check back with them, they should have Foam-Tac in stock soon.

Eric G
Beacon Adhesives
Thanks for the info Eric. Please don't think I was badgering you in my various posts. My main point was that that not everyone has a local hobby shop and the number of those gets smaller all of the time.

That is great to hear about HeadsUpRc. Jeff runs a great business. I check his website frequently. In the mean time I still have 3 unopened full bottles of the original Foam Tac. BTW does this stuff have a shelf life if unopened? I bought this a year or two back. The cards of glue look normal when I turn them upside down.

Thanks,

Rick
Last edited by Rickochet; Nov 01, 2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:49 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam-Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
Thanks for the info Eric. Please don't think I was badgering you in my various posts. My main point was that that not everyone has a local hobby shop and the number of those gets smaller all of the time.

That is great to hear about HeadsUpRc. Jeff runs a great business. I check his website frequently. In the mean time I still have 3 full bottles of the original Foam Tac to get me by.

Thanks,

Rick
Hey Rick,
No Worries, I just want people to understand it is a huge undertaking bringing a new version of a product to market, not to mention the other newly developed products to go along with Foam-Tac, we are also manufacturing a potting compound for waterproofing electronics that is permanent, a Foam Coating, that when applied adds strength, is very lightweight, and waterproof and leaves a finish on foam that is smooth as glass that you can add scale detail to as it fills in all those holes in EPP, and any other type of foam, and we also have a new multi-prupose adhesive for plastic, wood, metal, almost anything to anything glue, all these specially developed for the RC market. Stay Tuned lots of great new products I know everyone will love.
Thanks,
Eric
Bacon Adhesives
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:20 PM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
4,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircontrol View Post
What can I use to thin Foam-Tac? Sometimes it gets thick near the end of a bottle.

John.
Cyclohexane. Good luck trying to source it.

Here is a great tip to keeping it fresh.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=32

KC
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:43 PM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Giorgiantonio View Post
This is similar to a contact cement, the beauty is you don't wait 20 minutes, spread some on push pcs together and pull apart, wait about 1 minute push pcs together and Violla!! it is an all foam friendly adhesive designed for the RC market, it really is a great product for building and repairing all types of foam, wood, plastic, etc.... Try it I think you will like it alot.
Eric
Beacon Adhesives
This could be why I had some issues with the original Foam-Tac. I just read the back of the original Foam Tac card and it says to, "Spread glue evenly on both sides of material to be bonded. Allow surfaces to air dry for 10 - 20 minutes..." Then when I pressed the surfaces together they bonded immediately and I had no wiggle time and ended up with some misaligned parts.