HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:43 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam-Tac

Hey Petey,

OMG!!!! how much foam did you cut out in the last 3 weeks? A lot I think you do such nice work, Beautiful as usual keep it up buddy, I love to see your stuff, Awesome!!!!

Eric G
The Deacon of Beacon
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:45 AM
Springfield, VA
Joined Feb 2000
1,210 Posts
Lot of comments about the price, but I found it for just over $4 a bottle at RC Foam:

http://www.rcfoam.com/index.php?cPat...7c016f6ba623f0

Considering the last bottle of 2oz foam safe CA I bought at my LHS was $19, getting 4 bottles of Foam Tac shipped to me for $25.55 seems like a deal to me...Pete M
pmisuinas is offline Find More Posts by pmisuinas
Last edited by pmisuinas; Oct 28, 2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Provide link directly to glue
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:26 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ridgewood ,NJ
Joined Jan 2000
3,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roo_ster View Post
I'll tell ya what, though...if you can get http://www.headsuprc.com to stock it, I'd buy some. I am always ordering from them and tossing in a bottle of your product on top my order would be simple. He ships his orders so quick, he might as well be local, given the struggle I have to get time off during business hours (can take a day or two to squeeze in a visit to the hobby shop).

Anyways, that's my $0.02.
They will have it....

All you guys have to do is ask the hobby shop to carry it and tell Eric to call them....
dr.E is online now Find More Posts by dr.E
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:33 PM
United States, MI, Warren
Joined Aug 2011
642 Posts
First off,Olddog that Ultimate is looking REAL GOOD.Hey Meanbaby what is it you use on the bottom of the Polaris?The video shows excellent handling characteristics of the polaris,been putting that one off or a while.Eric here is a pic of the Whitly with some paint on it.Just a few more details to go.
maurice076 is offline Find More Posts by maurice076
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:15 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice076 View Post
First off,Olddog that Ultimate is looking REAL GOOD.Hey Meanbaby what is it you use on the bottom of the Polaris?The video shows excellent handling characteristics of the polaris,been putting that one off or a while.Eric here is a pic of the Whitly with some paint on it.Just a few more details to go.
i use 2mm chloroplast glued on with foam tac to it, heres a short video, when use with it it start to stick REALLY fast!!!
foam tac'ing cloroplast to mpf foam (1 min 18 sec)

-pete
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:30 PM
Chino Renegade oh-gee, yo
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Feb 2008
2,580 Posts
Here's a couple more I have done recently......the 3D plane is a loose scratch copy of the Charger CR-1. It's 6mm depron, my own design motor mount of 9mm depron and lite ply. I have yet to maiden this one but it looks promising .

The other plane is a kid's throw glider from Toys R us modded into an RC model It has flown a few times and does very well, even in windy conditions.
Both were built with Foam Tac, 3N1 and Quick Grip.

--Ray

This is what the throw glider started off as:
http://www.jomitoys.com/2011/10/true...a7-18.html?m=0

Wrench66 is offline Find More Posts by Wrench66
Last edited by Wrench66; Oct 28, 2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:46 PM
United States, MI, Warren
Joined Aug 2011
642 Posts
Thanks Pete,I was thinking of putting something under the first few inches of the fuse on the Whitly for the not so perfect landings.
maurice076 is offline Find More Posts by maurice076
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:52 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Whitly

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice076 View Post
OK I'm very impressed, that looks amazing and your are entered,
I love WW2 English warplanes, for some reason they had class and appeal to me, my all time favorite is the Spitfire.

Regards
Eric
The Deacon of Beacon
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:59 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench66 View Post
Here's a couple more I have done recently......the 3D plane is a loose scratch copy of the Charger CR-1. It's 6mm depron, my own design motor mount of 9mm depron and lite ply. I have yet to maiden this one but it looks promising .

The other plane is a kid's throw glider from Toys R us modded into an RC model It has flown a few times and does very well, even in windy conditions.
Both were built with Foam Tac, 3N1 and Quick Grip.

--Ray

This is what the throw glider started off as:
http://www.jomitoys.com/2011/10/true...a7-18.html?m=0

Hey Ray, Very nice and creative, I really like the recycled foam glider from the toy store looks fast, Your Depron 3D plane is also nice and more my speed although I like anything that flys, I love 3D planes the most, and yours is awesome, I am the process of building a big brother for my mini Tac-Yak, I think I'll call it the "Yac-EE" should be finished tomorrow and I have to wait for hurricaine Sandy to leave before I can test fly it. I will post pictures tomorrow of a bunch of recently built planes, I love Foam-Tac. BTW you are entered in the Foam-Tac contest Good Luck.
regards
Eric G
The Deacon of Beacon.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:25 PM
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Feb 2008
2,580 Posts
Good luck with Sandy, Eric! Here's hoping it goes quickly and with minimal drama
Tac Yak and Tac EE sound like neat projects, nice.

best of luck,
--Ray
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:26 PM
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Feb 2008
2,580 Posts
Oh and yes that Recycled kid's glider is really quick, fun and pretty stable but a tiger with the throttle open ...lol.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:55 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,284 Posts
well, pumb up another polaris, she is number 32 for Sandy
its a 125% version all Foam tac and Mpf

-pete
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:45 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Hey Petey,
I love it you do such nice work and so fast, but what happened to Polaris # 1 thru 31? LOL... How long does it take you to build one of these? 10-20 minutes?
Really though you do beautiful work, you are the best, and I love your video's.
Eric
The Deacon of Beacon
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:01 AM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,507 Posts
Nice job Pete. I joined BCSF and I'm looking forward to seeing your work up close.
rcrich is offline Find More Posts by rcrich
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: flying penguin
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:52 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Hey Rich,
Welcome to BCSF glad to have you as a member, between you and I they are adding a lot of "Class" to the club....YUK, YUK.
I think you are going to really enjoy this club, BCSF is a great bunch of guys especially people like Carlos, Sofaman, Petey, Mike, Oh, just everybody is awesome. They know how to have fun and they put on some great events, and I like that there are no real politics to get in the way, it's about friendship and good times and I love it. So welcome aboard and look forward to meeting you in person. Isn't Petey amazing, very prolific builder and fast, I think I'll call him, "Pop em' Out Petey" He built a couple of planes for me and he is very good at it I am sure it won't be to long before you see his stuff up close and personal.
Eric G
The Deacon of Beacon