HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:04 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Contest
Foam-Tac Contest

Hi All, My Name is Eric G. and I am the Account Executive for foam-Tac Adhesive, which I am sure you all know is the best glue available for any type of foam, I wanted to let you all know that Beacon Adhesives is sponsoring a Foam-Tac build, repair or best tech tip contest. This is a monthly contest for the person that posts pictures of a new build, or a repair, or even a tech tip ie: a use for FoamTac that is outside the box, or helpful. To win all you have to do is take and post a picture or pictures of your latest creative project or idea and let everyone know what you think of Foam-Tac. I also wanted to let you know that Foam-Tac has been reformulated and repackaged. The new formula dries faster and is stronger, yet retains the great properties of the original Foam-Tac in that it dries clear, dries flexible, won't yellow, you can paint it, and it is about the best glue out there for making hinges, and lets not forget it's waterproof!!! So get "sticken and clicken" to win. Remember this is a monthly contest and if you don't win this month keep at it cause you could win next month. If you are having trouble getting foam-Tac, please let me know of your favorite local hobby shop, and I will call them and make sure they carry our product. Keep watching this thread for news about our other new RC related adhesive products, we have some great stuff coming out in the next few weeks. Any Questions feel free to contact me. Foam-Tac and all our products are 100% made in the U.S.A.
Thank You and Good Luck,
Eric G
Account Exec
Beacon Adhesives
BTW, here are some pictures of my scratch built projects using Foam-Tac, and also my WMparflyers.com "Mako" seaplane, if you look closely at the pontoons of the Mako, you will see another of our great products, it's our foam coating compound, it super light, waterproof, sandable, paintable, and you can coat an entire foam airplane to create a light smooth finish, for adding scale details, and filling in all those holes as on EPP foam, while adding strength without adding lots of weight. This is a 2 part epoxy type product that you can mix and brush on and will give your foam plane a finish that is like glass. It will be beige or white, and is tintable, or paint after applied and dried. Great for seaplanes, and boats, as it seals joints and completely water proofs your plane or boat hull or even just the floats.
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
Last edited by Eric Giorgiantonio; Oct 12, 2012 at 04:21 AM. Reason: attachments
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:31 PM
BelgiŽ, Vlaams Gewest, Aalst
Joined Apr 2011
87 Posts
Hi Eric,

Great looking contest but is your glue available in Europe?

Greetz,

Pascal
pesadilla is offline Find More Posts by pesadilla
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:38 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac in Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesadilla View Post
Hi Eric,

Great looking contest but is your glue available in Europe?

Greetz,

Pascal
HI Pascal, Foam-Tac is only available in the US for now, I am looking into international shipping, and costs. Keep watching these forums for updates.

Thanks,
Eric G
Beacon Adhesives
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:55 AM
Not always grumpy!!
UK, Eastleigh, Eastleigh
Joined Jul 2010
555 Posts
Hey Eric.

Any chance of having a small amount sent over to the uk?

I currently use Gorilla Glue, and i could give an in depth comparison against the 2 products.
With massive help from what i can hope to call a good friend, they have given me the chance to get back into the scratch build scene alot earlier than expected.
I currently have a shipment of depron on its way too me, and i have my next build idea ready to be cut.

Any chance of having a sample? And i will give you a full in depth comparison to the uk's redily available equivilent

tony
insomaniac45 is offline Find More Posts by insomaniac45
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:32 PM
*GRAVITY* I hate it :(
USA, CA, Downey
Joined Jan 2010
433 Posts
whats it called?

Hi Eric very interesting product I am building a back yard flyer delta type foamie.I presently have it covered in colored packing tape to save weight.What is the cost of your water proof epoxy type product?whats it called? can I get it at Micelles craft store?Can you make a wild guess as to how much area one container will cover brushing on one coat?I like that it can be tinted saves the time, expense and maybe a little weight over painting with rattle cans.I would like to try it as a colored coating on my board foam delta for #1 straighten #2Coloring #3 Water proofing for those early morning flights The DTF paper delaminates very easy even without water. TU Ken
Sparken57 is offline Find More Posts by Sparken57
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:47 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,283 Posts
Eric,

we start posting in this thread for future? or the old thread buddy?

insomaniac45

if you can get MPF foam, its a perfect match with foam tac, i build 4 planes already with the combination and the joints are holding VERY nice, my polaris build was shaved down to 6 hour or so to build from start to finish!!!
also use foam tac to make hinges, very tough, heres a short vidio of it, going to make another video for it,
other option is run thin bead on both sides and join it and unjoin it wait 10-20 sec then rejoin and wipe excess off and wait 10-1 min it be strong

these 3 planes was build last week using foam tac and mpf foam

foam tac glue hinge (0 min 25 sec)

-pete

found a video!!! someone did same thing!!!
Beacon Foam Tac Glue (Hinge Video) (5 min 22 sec)
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:07 PM
Joined Jan 2008
29 Posts
Eric,
Is there any chance that Foam Tac would be available in 4 or 8 oz. ?

Any size larger than 2 oz. would be nice appreciated...

Thanks
Don.
dondi is offline Find More Posts by dondi
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:37 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam-Tac bottles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dondi View Post
Eric,
Is there any chance that Foam Tac would be available in 4 or 8 oz. ?

Any size larger than 2 oz. would be nice appreciated...

Thanks
Don.
Hi Don, at this time Foam-Tac is only available in 2 oz. bottles. We can can supply it in any size container you like as a one off item, but not for mass production because of Federal shipping laws concerning the shipping quantities of certain chemicals. Of course if you wanted to do a large production run we can supply it in almost any size to meet your needs.

Eric G
Beacon Adhesives
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:26 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam-Tac coating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparken57 View Post
Hi Eric very interesting product I am building a back yard flyer delta type foamie.I presently have it covered in colored packing tape to save weight.What is the cost of your water proof epoxy type product?whats it called? can I get it at Micelles craft store?Can you make a wild guess as to how much area one container will cover brushing on one coat?I like that it can be tinted saves the time, expense and maybe a little weight over painting with rattle cans.I would like to try it as a colored coating on my board foam delta for #1 straighten #2Coloring #3 Water proofing for those early morning flights The DTF paper delaminates very easy even without water. TU Ken
Hi Buddy, as of right now we are still working on it. I have been testing sample and we are very close to releasing it. This will not be available in Craft stores like Micheals. As of now I think a container should be enough to cover 3 or 4 foamie type airplanes. The idea is to spread it thin and even, you don't need a whole lot of the product. As for price nothing yet, but will be very attractively priced for the hobby market. We are also making it a neutral color so it will be easier to paint without priming first, most likely white or light tan color. This product is amazing it is light and strong, and is waterproof so it's perfect for seaplanes, boats and just about anything you want cover with it. Leaves a nice smooth surface for scale detailing,it's just great stuff. I will post an announcement when it is ready for release.
Thanks
Eric G
Beacon Adhesives
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:28 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam-Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbaby View Post
Eric,

we start posting in this thread for future? or the old thread buddy?

insomaniac45

if you can get MPF foam, its a perfect match with foam tac, i build 4 planes already with the combination and the joints are holding VERY nice, my polaris build was shaved down to 6 hour or so to build from start to finish!!!
also use foam tac to make hinges, very tough, heres a short vidio of it, going to make another video for it,
other option is run thin bead on both sides and join it and unjoin it wait 10-20 sec then rejoin and wipe excess off and wait 10-1 min it be strong

these 3 planes was build last week using foam tac and mpf foam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ1_GITjFBk

-pete

found a video!!! someone did same thing!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGtMjoLGYXE
Hey Petey, yes I would start to post here for all future pix and projects. You do awesome work, so keep posting and let everyone see your Mad Skill..

Eric.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:09 AM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,533 Posts
Mini StingRay Foam Tac build

Hi Eric,
I've been experimenting with Foam Tac for a couple of months now. I love the speed with which I can build with it. I am only giving it a couple of minutes to set up though. This gives me just a bit of wiggle time to make position adjustments.

So far, so good. Here is my latest project with MPF and Foam Tac. Build time was 30 minutes each with your product.

Thank you,
Ken

dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dz1sfb; Oct 15, 2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:08 PM
Krued Up
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Jul 2004
4,528 Posts
i dont have it at my local hobby shop
pioneer valley hobbies
west springfield,massachussetts
snolord1 is offline Find More Posts by snolord1
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:14 PM
Boone, Iowa, United States
Joined Feb 2002
301 Posts
I to have been building with it and have really liked it. It has worked well on fff, depron, and pink foam board. It seems to have a really strong bond in fact most cases the foam breaks before the joint. Just wish I could get it locally so I did not have to pay so much for shipping. Overall really enjoy building with the stuff.
denverone is offline Find More Posts by denverone
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:35 PM
Chino Renegade oh-gee, yo
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Feb 2008
2,572 Posts
I haven't seen Foam Tac in my local Micheal's here in Chino, Calif. Could you look into that Eric? I know they do carry your line of other adhesives.
Thanks,
--Ray
Wrench66 is offline Find More Posts by Wrench66
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:19 PM
Ex AmA mEMBEr
United States, CA, San Bernardino
Joined Feb 2010
773 Posts
hey eric,
does the new foam-tac dry any faster than your "quick grip" product. if you pull apart and re-stick q/grip about 3 times in 60 seconds you can be flying in 20 minutes. (not for use on extruded polystyrene type foam, that's what foam-tac is for, unless you can afford $8 or more for uhu por)

michael clyde
mchldpy is offline Find More Posts by mchldpy
Last edited by mchldpy; Oct 15, 2012 at 06:20 PM. Reason: cuz...