HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by kclements, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:30 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2008
62 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
Sold
RC Aerodyne Beechcraft Baron G58 Composite ARF

Are you looking for the ultimate winter scale project?

Look no further!

I acquired a whole stack of these Baron's. Some of them are plane white gelcoat and some are painted. Some have fitment issues with the parts and some don't. In total I have enough kits to build about 8 complete planes. I also have an extra 6-8 fuselage kits and about 15 total scale interior kits.

They sell for $599 plus $69 for the scale cockpit kits. Total $668

I am asking $250 per complete kit. No Shipping! Local Pickup only! Seattle Area.

The main box is to big to ship and there are 2 other boxes. So a total of 3 boxes per kit. So I don't think it would be feasible to ship. It is first come first serve. You can come look at each kit and pick which one you want out of them.

Once again Local Pickup only!! Seattle Area.

Pictures are for reference as to what the completed kit looks like. I am not selling the completed plane. I am selling a kit that builds the same exact plane as in the pictures.

These kits include fixed landing gear. Retracts and scale struts are an option that is not included in the kits I have.

Description from website below:

Fuselage

Special tooling has been developed to make the fuselage as light as possible. Pressurized tooling allow for an extremely light weight epoxy fuselage with carbon fiber re-enforcement's. The model also has working doors produced from the lightest fiberglass and epoxy available. This not only adds to the realism of the model but allows for a very attractive display model showing an accurate replication of the real aircraft's interiors.

Wing

3 piece wing design allows for easy wing removal and maintenance. Lightweight
fully sheeted balsa wing. Printed panel lines and rivet detail accurately positioned just like the real aircraft. All control surfaces are hidden in the wing including flaps and ailerons. The 75" wingspan allows for very predictable and gentle flight characteristics.

Landing Gear (Available Separately)

Special landing gear has been developed for the Baron 58. The design allows for
a very scale like landing but also prevents the aircraft from bouncing back into the air. When on the ground, the 1" of travel is 90% compressed, and when on approach it is fully uncompressed, ready to absorb unfavorable surface conditions and also help the pilot in situations that are unexpected before touch down.

CNC machined aluminum scale landing gear system. 5mm hole for mounting to most retracts.

Scale Detail

Special attention has been given to the actual aircraft panel lines details. With all the scale features molded directly into the fuselage, it saves hours of time for the scale enthusiast. The information from Hawker Beechcraft plans and photos, the positioning of these items and details are extremely accurate to the real aircraft.

Scale LED Lighting System (Available Separately)

A scale lighting system is also available . Included are the correct lights, motherboard, and 2 switches for system control. NAV lights (red , green, flashing red, white strobes, and 2 landing lights).

Electric or Gas

The firewall has been specially designed to allow for both use of Gas or Electric motors. Appropriate angled thrust lines have been developed to ensure safe and coordinated flight characteristics.

Power Recommendations: .32 - .46 glow or electric equivalent.

Our flight tests with electric show a very short takeoff distance. Using Eflite 32's gave the baron plenty of power for take off and sport flying.

For electric users, the removable nose cone and easy slide in / out battery tray provides quick access for battery install or changes. The design allows for 1 large battery or 2 smaller batteries.

Scale Cockpit / Interior (Available Separately)

The scale cockpit and interior displays all 6 seats including the control panel with gauges.

SPECIFICATIONS
•Stock Number: RC AB58
•Wingspan: 76.5 in (1905 mm)
•Weight: 13.5 lb (6.6 kg)
•Fuselage Length: 61 in (1680 mm)

Requires:
Two . 32 cu in (5.2cc) 2-stroke engines & minimum 6-channel radio w/6 servos. Optional retracts require 1 additional servo.
Ailerons (1 servo) or traditional 2 servo per control surface
Elevator (1 servo)
Rudder (1 servo) or can be combined with steering servo with flexible push rod
Flaps (1 servo) or traditional 2 servo per control surface

Technical Notes:

This is a very fast and clean airplane. Using E-flite 32's provide very
good power. E-flite 46's will power this airplane like a rocket.

On our test model, 3 bladed props were used but are not ideal for optimal
performance. 2 blade props will allow for more speed and longer flight
times.

2 battery configurations were tested with the Baron.

1 single 5S 25C 5000mah

With a 3 bladed prop, I was able to get around 7-8 minutes of good flight time without pushing it too hard. I did this using half or less on the throttle.

2 batteries - 5 cell 3300 = 7-8 minutes.

If I were to use 2 blade I could increase my flight times even further.

The Baron 58 is a very stable airplane. A lot of emphasis was put into the design of the wing allowing for slow but stable approaches. With all twins on approach, always keep power on. The plane has been tested in 20 knot gusts and still holds wings level fairly well considering the conditions.

Flare and ground effect is amazing. The Baron will glide in ground effect for quite some time before it settles into its specially designed spring loaded landing gear. It's very soft and with the 1 " of travel you get from the strut, I sometimes almost feel as if I was landing a off road RC car or truck. The gear is not necessarily designed to take extreme hard landings but to absorb landings on dirt or grass runways and keep the plane from bouncing back up into the air.

Not much is needed to get the Baron off the ground. It basically lifts off on its own. And does it in a very short distance.

For glow engines, quite a bit of weight will be needed up front to get correct CG.

Electric motors will need very little as the battery compensates for the needed weight in the front.

Customers will need to supply their own nose weights to balance the airplane.

Landing Gear Combo Package (Available Separately):

Complete landing gear system with retracts and working oleo struts. Includes CNC aluminum wheels.

If you choose to only purchase the individual components, please see below:

•Air Retract / Spring Down System w/ 105 Degree Nose Retract
•Scale Oleo Struts
•CNC Aluminum Scale Wheels
•Scale Cockpit
kclements is online now Find More Posts by kclements
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:57 PM
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
230 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
Without shipping you will have a hard time selling these kits. Every body on the block will have the same plane
lovetoflyjets is offline Find More Posts by lovetoflyjets
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:02 PM
Covered in balsa since 2011
United States, WA, Anacortes
Joined Jun 2012
28 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
Yes BUT they are super nice, and Kevin only sells top notch stuff, i can attest to that. you have to see these in person to understand the quality and workmanship that goes into these kits, every little detail is so beautifully done. -Mike
mbsilvia is offline Find More Posts by mbsilvia
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:36 PM
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined May 2007
1,259 Posts
Trader Rating: 60
Too bad you won't ship. I think that with Greyhound there should not be any problem as its quite affordable. Nevertheless how much are the individual components you mentioned?
Highfly! is offline Find More Posts by Highfly!
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:49 AM
Gorilla Glue Expert
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2010
2,702 Posts
Trader Rating: 46
+1

If shipping were to become plausible, please put me high on the list - I'd take one in a heartbeat.
PikeStaff is offline Find More Posts by PikeStaff
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:07 AM
Dir_D_Redd
United States, GA, Clayton
Joined Jan 2010
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 75
Wow! such a nice project and great looking plane that I can't build because of nooooo shipping. Wow!
dirdredd is offline Find More Posts by dirdredd
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:29 AM
United States, NY, Putnam
Joined Jul 2007
93 Posts
Trader Rating: 27
Please put me on the list as well if you decide to ship.
morgusmax is offline Find More Posts by morgusmax
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:53 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,066 Posts
Trader Rating: 47
I'd like to be added to shipping list as well
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:17 AM
Obviously I'm a "Minus Member"
USA, MA, Longmeadow
Joined Jun 2003
1,818 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
I'd also be interested if you decide to ship.
buzzltyr is online now Find More Posts by buzzltyr
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:40 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
You know, this is an awesome offer. Makes me very cautious as to how bad the fitment issues are. I have family in Washington but they don't know squat about RC. But if you can break down the best to worst I can send someone to pick it up for me and ship it to me.

Is there any way you can post pictures from best to worst of each of the kits and detail which ones have fitment issues?

I am paypal ready, I just need some more details on what you have in hand. Will you discount if I buy more than one?

Thanks,
Orion
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:27 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
Barron

Me TOO ! Me TOO !! If you ever decid to ship... I'm out there/here.
philwgar is offline Find More Posts by philwgar
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:48 AM
Joined Jan 2008
62 Posts
The whole reason I am selling them cheap is because I don't have time to go through all of the kits and pick out the best ones. That is why I would prefer someone local to come out and do it them self. I will not ship because I do not think they will make it in one piece and the liability would be on me to make sure it gets to you in one piece. Plus I would have to go source large cardboard boxes like refrigerator boxes for each kit I ship and then cut them up and wrap them over the original box.

If it helps, when I first got the kits I had about 20 fuselages, 9 wings and 20 cockpit kits. The fitment problem was mostly the bottom cover of the nacelles. I took the best kits and the best nacelle covers and put them together. I tossed out the worst nacelle covers. This narrowed it down to about 15 kits, 9 wings and 20 cockpit kits. Because of this, some of the painted kits have plain white nacelles.

If there was someone local that wanted to buy ALL of the kits so that they could then sell them to all of you guys and deal with the shipping issues then I would make them a screaming deal on all of them.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:47 PM
A-4 nut!!
Vancouver B.C.
Joined Apr 2002
4,644 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
I might be interested. Your only 2 hrs away and I go down from time to time for a few nights with the wife.

PM me with info.
skyhawk is online now Find More Posts by skyhawk
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:42 PM
Joined Jan 2008
62 Posts
Ok so I just did a count of everything.

There are 11 fuselages, 6 complete wings and 10 Scale cockpit kits.

So that would be enough to make 6 complete airplanes with lots left over.

I would sell everything together for $1000 as a complete package.

I would be willing to drop everything off at the shipper of your choice. I would recommend a freight company, not USPS, UPS or FEDEX
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:47 AM
Covered in balsa since 2011
United States, WA, Anacortes
Joined Jun 2012
28 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
Don't those kits usually cost like 6-700 bucks each normally? That's not just a great deal, it's a killer investment. Too bad I'm laid off or I'd scoop them up in a second, CRAP!!
mbsilvia is offline Find More Posts by mbsilvia
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread