HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RustyKrash, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:59 PM
Flyin high thru the sky
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Feb 2012
52 Posts
Mini-Review
Aerosky H100 quadcopter

I bought the assembled ready-to-fly (RTF) Aerosky quadcopter as my second quadcopter. If you have never flown a quadcopter buy a small less expensive quadcopter to learn how to fly with first. I bought the Syma X1 to learn with first.

The Aerosky I bought came preassembled RTF except I had to put on the propellers and put the velcro tape strip on the side of the battery. Also it did not come with a wall power adapter, it has to be purchased seperately. It comes with a power adapter with 2 aligator clips: one red clip and one black clip.

The instructions are very bad, only 1 big fold out sheet. However, there is enough information that I managed to figure out how to operate it.

It flys well and is very fun.

I crashed it hard a couple of times and it appears very durable. I bent a couple of the plastic propellers and just bent them back into shape.

Pros:
Flys well, fast, and fun
Durable

Cons:
Instruction manual is bad but enough information to fly it
Spare parts, I'm not sure where to find Aerosky quadcopter specific spare parts but should be able to find generic functional spare parts
Does not come with a wall power adapter, it has to be purchased seperately. It comes with a power adapter with 2 aligator clips: one red clip and one black clip.

The instructions I figured out:
How to start flying it:
1. Turn on the controller then plug in the quadcopter battery. Not sure if the order matters.
2. Unlock the propeller blades by moving the left stick to the lower right corner position and hold it there (about 2 seconds) until the propellers start turning slowly
3. Start flying

How to stop flying it, if crash, the battery runs down, etc.:
1. Lock the propeller blades by moving the left stick to the lower left corner position and hold it there (about 2 seconds) until the propellers stop turning
RustyKrash is offline Find More Posts by RustyKrash
Last edited by RustyKrash; Feb 25, 2013 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Added picture of Aerosky H100 Quadcopter
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:54 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Sep 2010
3 Posts
Any documentation on Aerosky radio?
Royc is offline Find More Posts by Royc
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:18 AM
Flyin high thru the sky
Joined Feb 2012
52 Posts
No documentation on the Aerosky radio came with it, not even a default switch setting. I wrote the setting down the way it came incase they get changed some day by accident. There is a CH5 0/1 switch on the top left, I assume this is fast 1/slow 0. The top right has a CH6 rotary knob labeled with a 0 all the way counter clockwise, I have no idea what this is for. A Google search for "aerosky radio manual" didn't find anything useful.

The Aerosky transmitter controller default switch settings it came with are left to right:
down, down, down, up, up, down

Just the one instruction sheet titled "Aerosky 05H100" that instructs on: locking the quadcopter, unlocking the quadcopter, and adjusting the auto stabilized flight system: that sounds like an auto calibration resetting of the stablized flight system by "put the quadcopter on a flat surface; put the quadcopter in lock mode; move the left control stick to the lower left corner position and the right control stick to lower center position;the yellow LED should flash for 5 seconds (indicating the auto stabilized flight system is calibrating)"

The one sheet also has a couple sentences on setting up a third party radio system and connecting it's receiver (only 4 wires used and where to connect them on the receiver, maybe CH5 switch & CH6 knob aren't used).

There is a several page manual for WMC Flying Control Board that comes with it. Also found the control board manual on the internet in a PDF file.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:52 AM
Joined Sep 2012
5 Posts
The spare parts of quadcopter is hard to find now. maybe sometimes later it will come out more. i just find and bought some syma x1 battery from symatoystore, http://www.symatoystore.com/Syma-Spa...X1-Spare-Parts .
BonnieJ is offline Find More Posts by BonnieJ
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:56 PM
Flyin high thru the sky
Joined Feb 2012
52 Posts
I looked on the back of the transmitter controller and it is a model MC6S. Found the radio but still no manual:
http://www.hobby-sky.com/english/product.asp?id=184
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:01 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,492 Posts
Yeah I got this one too. It sure is lacking in the information dept. no manual or even a web site to help. You would think the companys that sell them would have some kind os info on them. But no. Well anyway it flys good. Oh yeah the knob on the top right side of the Tx ch 6 who knows what that is for. Maybe for calling aliens.

Tom
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:16 PM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
1,975 Posts
Quick review! I'm thinking about getting one of these. I've flown the AR.Drone 1.0 and 2.0. Those were fun, but a bit too easy to fly. Once I got rid of my iPad, I got rid of them, so I was looking at getting back in rather cheaply. This appears to be one way in.

Would you recommend this as a buy? What flying experience had you had before this? How'd you crash (Pilot error, quad issues, etc...)?

Thanks,
JHawk19 is online now Find More Posts by JHawk19
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:48 PM
Flyin high thru the sky
Joined Feb 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHawk19 View Post
Quick review! I'm thinking about getting one of these. I've flown the AR.Drone 1.0 and 2.0. Those were fun, but a bit too easy to fly. Once I got rid of my iPad, I got rid of them, so I was looking at getting back in rather cheaply. This appears to be one way in.

Would you recommend this as a buy?
What flying experience had you had before this?
How'd you crash (Pilot error, quad issues, etc...)?

Thanks,
The Aerosky H100 flys great and is less expensive, I would recommend it. However, I just broke a propeller (10 X 4.5) yesterday. I'm having problem finding parts (due to my lack of knowledge of sellers), Xheli sells a kit with frame and propellers but not just propellers. I'll check the forums here to look for good sellers for me to buy just 10 X 4.5 propellers.

I have been flying RC helicopters for a little more than 8 months. I just started this month October flying quadcopters.

All the crashes were due to pilot error and no issues with the quads (Aerosky H100 & Syma X1) so far. I am still learning the orientation of a flying X quadcopter, it is easier to tell the front/back/sides of a flying helicopter.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:06 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,492 Posts
I found this seller on ebay. Ordered some. I've bought other items from this seller and he has always treated me right. By that I mean fast service and easy to email to. He has both the 10 x 4.5 ccw and cw

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200820948933...84.m1423.l2649

Tom
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:04 PM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
1,975 Posts
HobbyKing has them too, all colors...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ropellers.html

Just look for the 10x4.5 ccw and cw.
JHawk19 is online now Find More Posts by JHawk19
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:12 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Does quad come with programming cable.
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:25 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,492 Posts
Mine didn't. I wouldn't know how to use it anyway.

Tom
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:23 PM
Joined Nov 2012
89 Posts
Charger

I also bought the Aerosky H100 today. What charger and extra battery do you guys recommend?
jcmendo01 is offline Find More Posts by jcmendo01
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:04 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,492 Posts
I like this charger. When I bought mine it wasn't on sale. Its worth it. Mine came with a bunch of different cables. Even a set that you can use to run the charger off 12v battery when your out in the field. Also its easy to use. No extra power supply needed. Comes with all you need. As for the battery I like Hobbypartz has a ton of good deals. I just got the cheapest one I could find.
Tom

Charger
http://www.hobbypartz.com/73p-ac680-accharger.html

Battery
http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-2200-3s1p.html
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:31 PM
Joined Nov 2012
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr52 View Post
I like this charger. When I bought mine it wasn't on sale. Its worth it. Mine came with a bunch of different cables. Even a set that you can use to run the charger off 12v battery when your out in the field. Also its easy to use. No extra power supply needed. Comes with all you need. As for the battery I like Hobbypartz has a ton of good deals. I just got the cheapest one I could find.
Tom

Charger
http://www.hobbypartz.com/73p-ac680-accharger.html

Battery
http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-2200-3s1p.html
Thank you Tony
jcmendo01 is offline Find More Posts by jcmendo01