SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:35 PM
Proud of Brushless Sprouts
Belgium, Flanders, Antwerp
Joined Feb 2007
328 Posts
Hey Canadians and Americans, try some Belgian beer!

(Sorry, have to defend this tiny country I'm living in )
Commander Clumsy is offline Find More Posts by Commander Clumsy
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:44 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
15,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Clumsy View Post
Hey Canadians and Americans, try some Belgian beer!

(Sorry, have to defend this tiny country I'm living in )
Belgian Beer . . . .. . .I think I'll Pass Lol
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:04 PM
Proud of Brushless Sprouts
Belgium, Flanders, Antwerp
Joined Feb 2007
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
Belgian Beer . . . .. . .I think I'll Pass Lol
Why are you posting pics of beers we feed our babies on?? LOL!

But serious... the beers you posted are the kinds you need to taste like good wines.
We have several local cafés here which serve over 500 kinds of Belgian beers and I always ask for the patron to serve what he feels appropriate.
Needless to say it always ends in good fun and people in need of taxis to get home...

But wait... wasn't this about airplanes?
Commander Clumsy is offline Find More Posts by Commander Clumsy
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:14 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
15,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Clumsy View Post
Why are you posting pics of beers we feed our babies on?? LOL!

But serious... the beers you posted are the kinds you need to taste like good wines.
We have several local cafés here which serve over 500 kinds of Belgian beers and I always ask for the patron to serve what he feels appropriate.
Needless to say it always ends in good fun and people in need of taxis to get home...

But wait... wasn't this about airplanes?

500 Beers well God almighty!

I only want to know about . . .PBR & Guinness. . .period!

& you are right Commander Sir this is a 145 build thread so back to work I go. .. off to sand the 145 nacels
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:05 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
you can't count the Canadian beer you guys get down there as beer. it's brewed by Bud and it's a lousy representation. LOL.

not really a beer drinker, but if I do, I prefer Dos Equis. stay thirsty my friends. hahahahahahahaha

actually, I've been to Belgium several times and I don't mind some of the brands I tried there. even still, I'm english born and bred and no matter where I've been in the world (and I've been lots of places), I'll still stick to my British brands. everything else just plain sucks a$$. LOL.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:23 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
15,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
you can't count the Canadian beer you guys get down there as beer. it's brewed by Bud and it's a lousy representation. LOL.

not really a beer drinker, but if I do, I prefer Dos Equis. stay thirsty my friends. hahahahahahahaha

actually, I've been to Belgium several times and I don't mind some of the brands I tried there. even still, I'm english born and bred and no matter where I've been in the world (and I've been lots of places), I'll still stick to my British brands. everything else just plain sucks a$$. LOL.
Belgian Beer? British beer?. . . .That's it Rich. . .beer mugs at 20 paces ready-set-drink!

Nah bad ideah I can't build drunk . .. . .I tried that once & everything I was building started to look like an Aussie Air-truck from Mad-Max. LMAO!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:38 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahaha.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:53 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
15,986 Posts
Quote:
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahaha.
Lol you liked that one huh. . . .. . Well one day I hope to toast your Jaguar in a Bar of your choice up on your colder side of the border someday Sir.

& the Canadian drinks are on you!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:00 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
yer on. you come up here and you've got a place to stay and a few cold ones in the fridge. LOL.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:00 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
by the way, I've re-started the Jaguar. got a few things done last night and tonight.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:06 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
15,986 Posts
Quote:
by the way, I've re-started the Jaguar. got a few things done last night and tonight.
Now your talking Rich . . .its about time buddy!, . . Let me know when you have some new pics!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:54 PM
Joined Apr 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve crewdog View Post
At a cost. The cabin height is 1" below that which requires slides, we were shown videos of the 90 sec evac test and it was flat out horrifying, with people falling off the cabin door and others piling on, etc. They expect injuries during these tests, but we were told one woman suffered a broken back, in addition to the usual broken arms, etc. I refused to jump out of the airplane several times when stairs were not immediately available after ferry flights and made them find some.

Fun airplane to fly, I logged about 4,000 hours in it before moving on to a mainline carrier. Looking forward to seeing both these threads flying.
True Story, and the one that is the cabin trainer now has about an 18" pad under the front of the wing root, which is much lower than the MCD anyway....

Anyway, Fellow ERJ pilot here.

You should make an XR!
They fly better mainly because they have more power, but they also cruise slightly faster (.80 vs .78).... but mostly they just look cooler.

Not defiantly not an engineer or a good RC pilot, but I'll answer erj questions if I can!
nopistn is offline Find More Posts by nopistn
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:58 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
15,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nopistn View Post
True Story, and the one that is the cabin trainer now has about an 18" pad under the front of the wing root, which is much lower than the MCD anyway....

Anyway, Fellow ERJ pilot here.

You should make an XR!
They fly better mainly because they have more power, but they also cruise slightly faster (.80 vs .78).... but mostly they just look cooler.

Cool Pics Nopistn, all I have yo do is add some winglets & tail starkes & Boom XR version!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:03 PM
Joined Apr 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
Cool Pics Nopistn, all I have yo do is add some winglets & tail starkes & Boom XR version!
Thanks, I took the one on the bottom, if you need more close up's for detail let me know

I'd like to have one, but I don't know if I'd trust myself to fly it... all my RC toys seem to get crashed eventually
nopistn is offline Find More Posts by nopistn
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:14 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
15,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nopistn View Post
Thanks, I took the one on the bottom, if you need more close up's for detail let me know

I'd like to have one, but I don't know if I'd trust myself to fly it... all my RC toys seem to get crashed eventually
I'm grateful for the offer Sir, Hey no sweat I designed these Birds to be darn near indestructible.
RCG Plus Member