HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:49 PM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
864 Posts
Discussion
How to mount gear and what is this plane?

I never thought id actually be posting one of these but what is this plane? It is supposed to be 40 size but other than that i dont know anything about it. Ill be picking it up this sunday. I have a st g51 to haul it around. I want to know how is the gear usually mounted? And does any body know anything about this plane in particular. Any reviews?
scrub monkey is offline Find More Posts by scrub monkey
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:00 PM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
864 Posts
Here is another pic
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:11 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,275 Posts
I'm guessing everything goes inside the wing. There should be a hatch or something someplace to stuff it all in.

Ken
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:48 PM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
864 Posts
I havent seen it in person so i wouldnt know. Wouldnt it be accessible from the top of the wing?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:28 PM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
4,063 Posts
My Sig Fazer had an electronics hatch that was on the bottom of the wing. It's hard to tell what it is... there are a ton of profile fun-fly planes out there, it's probably not finished like the box either, so that compounds the problem. The vertical stab is unique though, that might be the most important clue.
ChillPhatCat is online now Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:01 AM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
864 Posts
I found one similair but the 'canopy' started about half way back or 1/3 foward of the le. And the covering was diferent.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:53 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,593 Posts
That style of plane has the gear all mounted in the wing. Some of them mounted the elevator and rudder servos back close to the tail too. You probably have access points on the bottom of the wing. But sometimes they mount the switch and charge jack where one can get to them, and simply monokote or tape over the access points or holes.
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:10 PM
Closed Account
Joined Feb 2006
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrub monkey View Post
I never thought id actually be posting one of these but what is this plane? It is supposed to be 40 size but other than that i dont know anything about it. Ill be picking it up this sunday. I have a st g51 to haul it around. I want to know how is the gear usually mounted? And does any body know anything about this plane in particular. Any reviews?
I don't know if perhaps these instructions for a .40 Tower Fun P-51 profile may help with your landing gear installation. BTW, your plane sort of resembles the P-51, can't say if it was a kit bash.
OkiThumper is offline Find More Posts by OkiThumper
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:24 PM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
864 Posts
Looks similar but the canopy is too far back and the tail surfaces are slightly different. Does it look like a decent 3d plane? That is what i was planning on using it for mainly
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:57 PM
Closed Account
Joined Feb 2006
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrub monkey View Post
Looks similar but the canopy is too far back and the tail surfaces are slightly different. Does it look like a decent 3d plane? That is what i was planning on using it for mainly
I'm not a 3D flyer, so I can't vouch for it. However, the ailerons, rudder and elevator look typical for a 3D plane. I don't know if the dural aluminum landing gear would work for it like the P-51. The best test is one's own experience. We'll need a flight report on your impressions.

(Deviating off topic) Looking at Tower's 3D P-51 has got me thinking. I've got a Sterling 42" CL profile that I was going to use for my R/C "warbird" flyer. I might be better off retaining that as a CL plane (I love to fly CL too), and get the P-51 for my "warbird".
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:23 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jan 2006
603 Posts
sig fazer
Beardiedrg is offline Find More Posts by Beardiedrg
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:27 PM
Closed Account
Joined Feb 2006
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardiedrg View Post
sig fazer
Yup, I think you hit the nail on the head.

http://www.sigmfg.com/cgi-bin/dpsmar...m_02SIGRC68_01

SIGIB268 SIG INSTR. BOOK-FAZER EACH $3.90
SIGRPBA268 ALUM.LDG.GEAR FAZER [2PC] EACH $8.99

http://www.sigmfg.com/cgi-bin/dpsmar...FV5.html?E+Sig
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:55 PM
Delaware, Ohio
Joined Nov 2006
309 Posts
Looks like a Thunder Tiger Fun Tiger Extra
jymz is online now Find More Posts by jymz
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:14 AM
Kansas City
Joined Apr 2010
652 Posts
Looks like one of the Morris profile planes. All the gear was mounted in the wing under the hatches. They flew great with low pitch props.
Lifer is offline Find More Posts by Lifer
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:21 AM
Joined Sep 2005
182 Posts
It's not a Sig Fazer. I just built one of them. It is now my new favorite plane. While there are some things that are similar it is definitely not a Fazer.

Woody
n1832y is offline Find More Posts by n1832y