HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:11 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
Even better! Hard mounts would be great... even for non Plane stuff... Put it on a hat for ground recording!
Glad you like it, they would be similar to the gopro housing sticky back mounts, but smaller.

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:12 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
Unless I have sneakily designed a snap on module that universally clips atop all of my P&T designs for different cameras, removable depending on your usage . And separately purchasable (and cheap) fixed hard points to snap your keychain cam onto that will pose little to no aerodynamic obstruction when not in use, and weigh about 5g each, so you can fix hard points where ever you fancy on the airframe, and fix the keychain cam on the airframe to your preference for that flight. And if the #18 is bigger then its a good idea that I designed a height adjustable keychain camera housing that will securely hold all versions of the camera including a 2mm height deviation.

Tomorrow I will upload sneak preview shots of my designs for some user input, obviously a work in progress as I don't have a keychain cam to model from, but I've done my best to rough it out.

CJ
Just make sure the bottom of the cam is flat nothing sticking out as to make it easy to attach to anything else :-))
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:19 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,735 Posts
That's what the hard points are for, very permanently attach them to something with their flat bottom (using whatever you like, epoxy, cyno, or my personal favourite, gorilla glue) then clip your keychain in its housing to the hard point.

CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
Just make sure the bottom of the cam is flat nothing sticking out as to make it easy to attach to anything else :-))
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:31 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2010
479 Posts
Quote:
That's what the hard points are for, very permanently attach them to something with their flat bottom (using whatever you like, epoxy, cyno, or my personal favourite, gorilla glue) then clip your keychain in its housing to the hard point.

CJ
THATS what I had in mind. I think we are finally on the same page now
Haych is online now Find More Posts by Haych
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:42 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,873 Posts
Can I flip the page

What about a Pan/Tilt/Roll 808 system... that would work great for some smaller Quads and stuff! Just an idea... I know the Quad stuff is strange and usually makes no aerodynamic sense
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:51 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
Quote:
Even better! Hard mounts would be great... even for non Plane stuff... Put it on a hat for ground recording!
Haha, thats what I was saying from the start LOL.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:53 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
Quote:

CJ
I missed something :-(
I thought you will make new casing with collar to accommodate wide angle lens :-(
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:06 PM
Joined Mar 2010
479 Posts
I would need it to suit this cam with this wide angle lens. Its pre installed not glued on as an addon.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:20 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haych View Post
I would need it to suit this cam with this wide angle lens. Its pre installed not glued on as an addon.
Yes, this is the "D" lens option I mentioned early on. He said he would accommodate it.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:26 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
Look at the pictures this is the same size lens as on HK wing cam and if CJ makes a collar on the case for standard camera to accommodate EXTRA Micro lens ( which works as wide angle but without extreme distortion) that lens will fit in and the collar will work as a sun shade for it :-)
So actually we kill three birds in one shot LOL.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:26 PM
Joined Mar 2010
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Yes, this is the "D" lens option I mentioned early on. He said he would accommodate it.
Just making sure we're on the same page
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:28 PM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,304 Posts
CJ, before you make up your mind on the pan servo, please look into the Hyperion Atlas series, they are supposedly the absolute best pan servos available, and they don't cost more than the Hitec's.
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:31 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
Link?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:32 PM
FPV in Hawaii
Joined Feb 2012
2,304 Posts
Quote:
The 11 and the 16 are the same, the 18 is thicker by 1-2mm
I don't know why we are talking about #11 and #18, they have been permanently left in the dust by #16. Another new firmware just came out yesterday adding time lapse photography and motion detection. Not a big deal for FPV, but it shows it's rapid pace of development.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:38 PM
FPV in Hawaii
Joined Feb 2012
2,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
the existing case sucks bottom not flat, so there is no reason to keep it :-).
With or without lipo really doesnt matter as the overall thickness with lipo have to be the same to clear original lens.
Need access for two top buttons , on the side for micro card and USB, reset button.
once the bottom is flat there is no reason to build it together with case for FPV cam you just simply glue it in if you need or put on sticky tape.
Yes, snap on or screw on bottom or top could be useful in some cases.
The main concern for me is attaching the MICRO lens.
As I stated before the sleeve diameter is large enough to accommodate new typ of lens they are shipping now.
So if you opt not to use "Macro" lens there is no harm done, you can use supplied one, and will have a sort of "sun shield). If you put macro on then it will need to be just pushed in snd secure with a dot of glue :-)
I have to dig out some more pictures if Im not clear here.
If you need sample cam I'll send you one with some option notes.
I'm still not understanding what the difference is between this x67 lens is. Why is it so much better that you have gone through so much trouble to glue it on, rather than just using the 120 degree D lens that comes with the #16?
Can you provide a link to this special lens? Do you use it on top of the A or B lens?

Ps. Don't use Velcro, it makes jello.