HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:50 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,768 Posts
Ill get on it after I've finished with the P&T mounts . Keychain is almost ready to ship! Pictures soon.

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:10 PM
Just put it on the credit card
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2012
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeDubbya View Post
CJ would you make an antenna tracker pan and tilt like the one EagleTree sell?
I was thinking of something like this:

Eagle Tree EagleEyes FPV Ground Station, Surgut 03/10/10, First test (0 min 39 sec)

Eagle Tree EagleEyes handmade Ground station test (0 min 43 sec)

I would like it to have space for two receivers so I can use the diversity and big enough to take a 1.3ghz biquad or possibly patch.

I also had an interesting idea to also mount a keychain cam or similar to it so it could film take off, landing and flybys.
JaeDubbya is offline Find More Posts by JaeDubbya
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Jun 2007
3,768 Posts
Development of an antenna tracker system is underway in secret. I really can't reveal any specific information. Except that it will have a 'hardpoint' for a keychain cam case to snap onto. And the tracker hardware in mind might be made by a company named after a mythical creature. It could also be adapted for Eagletree. Looking into magnesium sliprings to prevent that annoying 360 degree quickstep when you hit servo limits . All hush hush for now. I can also confirm that diversity setups are on the menu with an inbuilt PCB style omni stick or inverted Vee antenna prefitted, marked up so you can just cut to suit your frequency. Or obviously to be left to do nothing should you have circular polarisation. Also an antenna mount manly enough for a 900mhz base loaded 8 turn helical! Still working out a yagi solution.

CJ

P.S. All ideas at the moment are just that, Nothing is set in stone yet and final designs are a ways off. I will soon be meeting with the Director and CEO of Dragonlabs.eu to discuss the design further.
Last edited by Carlos230023; Oct 31, 2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:39 PM
Joined Jun 2007
3,768 Posts
Update to post #1.

CJ
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:20 PM
Joined Jun 2012
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
Development of an antenna tracker system is underway in secret. I really can't reveal any specific information. Except that it will have a 'hardpoint' for a keychain cam case to snap onto. And the tracker hardware in mind might be made by a company named after a mythical creature. It could also be adapted for Eagletree. Looking into magnesium sliprings to prevent that annoying 360 degree quickstep when you hit servo limits . All hush hush for now. I can also confirm that diversity setups are on the menu with an inbuilt PCB style omni stick or inverted Vee antenna prefitted, marked up so you can just cut to suit your frequency. Or obviously to be left to do nothing should you have circular polarisation. Also an antenna mount manly enough for a 900mhz base loaded 8 turn helical! Still working out a yagi solution.

CJ

P.S. All ideas at the moment are just that, Nothing is set in stone yet and final designs are a ways off. I will soon be meeting with the Director and CEO of Dragonlabs.eu to discuss the design further.
Yeay!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:27 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
Update to post #1.

CJ
Those black cases look nice. The printing on these looks much better than the first run (which I'm not sending back...I like them). Good job on all this stuff. I look forward to seeing the end results of the 'secret project'.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:28 PM
Joined Jun 2007
3,768 Posts
Update to post#1. A little showcase of the Hobbyking Reaper Pan & Tilt Camera Dome.

CJ
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:11 PM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,360 Posts
Beautiful plane, well done.
I think perhaps the antenna will be blocked be the batteries and other gear when you are flying away from yourself. It would work better hanging down under the belly, but you would lose your perfect scale appearance. Too bad you can't make those scale dummy antennas work, too small.
The turret it a work of art!

Any update on the #16 camera mount? I'd love to see the sketches, although I understand the risk of sharing that prematurely.
iskess is online now Find More Posts by iskess
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:40 AM
Joined Jun 2007
3,768 Posts
I really am close. The only reason pictures havnt gone up is that I got so far on version 1 of the mount and found it to be unphesable. So a redesign was in order. As soon as its ready, it'll be up here. Thanks for the job words on RCM's dome, it came out well, I'm very pleased with it . As for the antenna position, he is looking into that though it is the new 400Mw 5.8Ghz VTx and its only on 2.4Ghz for RC so it could well be that the video gear outweigh the RC stuff's power. We'll soon see when she maidens.

CJ
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:22 PM
Joined Jun 2007
3,768 Posts
I figure I would add this here as post #1 is getting a little crowded. Here is basic installation instructions for the UHF Futaba mount;

Take the three wires from you UHF module (for dragonlink its Orange (PPM), Red (5V) and Brown (-VE)) and crimp on some standard female servo connectors.
Name: IMG_2766.jpg
Views: 68
Size: 152.6 KB
Description:
These line up with the Key on the back of the module.
Plug the wires into two 3pin servo connectors (JR style) so that they line up with the Key, where there is an 'X' leave the servo connector empty.
Name: IMG_2767.jpg
Size: 123.5 KB
Description:
Slot the servo connectors into the back of the module inside the UHF sleeve, so that when they are in, they still line up with the key.
Name: IMG_2768.jpg
Views: 64
Size: 119.8 KB
Description:
Using a screwdriver or tweezers (anything you can fit in the opposing slot) push the servo connectors all the way in, they go in quite a distance (not shown here). You'll know when they are in all the way as you can see them in the small slot above the key. A dab of hot glue where you pushed them in isn't a bad idea.
Name: IMG_2769.jpg
Views: 69
Size: 131.1 KB
Description:
And finally, Slot your UHF modules lead into the open slot, and pull it through, you can now press the UHF module into its sleeve, making sure the cable comes through the slot and doesn't get caught in the sleeve.
Name: IMG_2770.jpg
Size: 130.3 KB
Description:

You're now ready to rock and roll!

CJ
Old Nov 09, 2012, 10:27 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
CJ,
any progress on keychain case?
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:00 PM
Joined Jun 2012
338 Posts
Hey CJ how's it going any new developments?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:13 AM
Joined Jun 2007
3,768 Posts
Progress on all fronts is slow I'm afraid. Not because they're difficult but I'm a commercial heating engineer by day, and England is cold :P. My shift yesterday started at 6AM and I didn't get home till 9:30PM. I've got a similar day today. It is what it is. I will push to have they keychain cases done this weekend.

Mike, apologies for the delayed order. Work has been manic. Even worse. Over the last 3 weeks I've only had 1 flight (Dispite 2 visits to the flying field :P) which lasted all of 30 seconds before I realised I hadn't checked the battery in my quad. A hastey landing finally finished off the rubbish landing gear. But I havnt had a chance to design a better replacement, so the quad is grounded. So much to do :P.

CJ
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:27 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
Great, cant wait :-)
were you able to get the cam running too?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:50 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
CJ, where are you??