HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Terry, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:38 PM
The up-keep is insane.
Dejavu*Xion's Avatar
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
$50 per YEAR is pretty steep. I'm a lifetime member of other (non-RC) forums for less than $50, a one-time fee.
Especially for guys who have had more then one acct. I.E skidder87-sertav-Kokopelli-Mhunter-Sviking-Hellybelly-tobbagen-That alone for that poor guy would be $400 a year.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:46 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
irun4fundotca's Avatar
Canada, ON, Sydenham
Joined Jan 2012
6,414 Posts
what would any one person need more than one account for?

i think if anything they should require id to post or reply to ads in the clasifieds ..would deter people from scamming more
or some means to have on record there real name atleast
irun4fundotca is offline Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:27 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irun4fundotca View Post
what would any one person need more than one account for?
The more suspicious thing is why do certain people keep changing their name on the same account? The really funny thing is the forum automatically updates their name change on everything they are associated with including any ignore lists they may be on
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:47 AM
The up-keep is insane.
Dejavu*Xion's Avatar
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
The more suspicious thing is why do certain people keep changing their name on the same account? The really funny thing is the forum automatically updates their name change on everything they are associated with including any ignore lists they may be on
Name change on the same acct...lol..yes that is a given. It is after all the exact same acct, and nothing changes. Ppl change their online handles by simply asking a mod. Nothing illegal about that. What is against the rules however is when others just can't seem to get along with others in forums and are banned often. Guys like sertav, kokopelli, hellybely,crvnation,sviking,tobbogen,mike dbarshi, for ppl like that paying $50 a pop for rcg plus would be pointless and never ending. however I'm sure rcg plus would appreciate the ongoing support.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:58 AM
Flying Wood For Fun
irun4fundotca's Avatar
Canada, ON, Sydenham
Joined Jan 2012
6,414 Posts
my guess is someone that operates like that would never choose to support the forum by buying one upgraded account let alone several
irun4fundotca is offline Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:08 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,909 Posts
IMHO, I just don't like the way RCG is trying to put a wedge between the members with this "+PLUS" bull. BTW, I think RCG buried this thread. Can't be found on the front page no more. I guess it is just the members who posted here that can see this thread

HUMMMM...makes ya think huh?
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:09 AM
The up-keep is insane.
Dejavu*Xion's Avatar
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irun4fundotca View Post
my guess is someone that operates like that would never choose to support the forum by buying one upgraded account let alone several
Excactly. makes you wonder why they even post in a thread such as this.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:16 AM
Santi
DaaBears's Avatar
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2003
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
IMHO, I just don't like the way RCG is trying to put a wedge between the members with this "+PLUS" bull. BTW, I think RCG buried this thread. Can't be found on the front page no more. I guess it is just the members who posted here that can see this thread

HUMMMM...makes ya think huh?
I don't think they did, I know they did! Happens more than we realize. Wasn't able to find the thread yesterday. Same thing happened when people exposed hobbyking's illegal customs declarations, the thread was locked, posts were deleted, accounts were suspended. Very shady!
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:18 AM
Santi
DaaBears's Avatar
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2003
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Excactly. makes you wonder why they even post in a thread such as this.
They need a new PR guy to write statements for them. Their current guy likes to shoot himself in the feet!
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:48 AM
Flying Wood For Fun
irun4fundotca's Avatar
Canada, ON, Sydenham
Joined Jan 2012
6,414 Posts
well all in all im here for the hobby and the fun of it
for the most part i enjoy good converstations and learning from experienced hobbists and even not so experienced ones
the politics or legalities are not any of my concern
i have limited time on my hands, (compared to some).. to enjoy the hobby itself

the help i get from the sites members is much more than i have ever had from any other site
i have used!

i dont mind helping support it any way i can, as thats the way i look at the plus upgrade, it`s to help maintain the site more than them making profit from it
i could care less about any skin or optional features or blah blah blah it gives me
I tried to look into supporting it some way in the past and this wasnt a feasable option price wise until now

when i see someone with a plus status i just think to myself they really enjoy it too, and are happy to spend a little to help keep it! (and i do know thats not the case at this time because of nominated ones being active still...like mine)
and i intend to keep it just to help!
irun4fundotca is offline Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:49 AM
RCG -Minus Member
microflitedude's Avatar
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,440 Posts
Maybe I'll get brave and post a link to this thread in the off topic section...
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:01 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microflitedude View Post
Maybe I'll get brave and post a link to this thread in the off topic section...
Go for it Dude Don't be surprised if Big Jim hits this key on your thread
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:17 PM
I'm overcoming gravity!
Murman's Avatar
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,813 Posts
So they seriously hid this thread?! Now they won't even get $10 from me! I thought they only did stuff like that on Capitol Hill.
And Chap1012 is probably right about the lock thing. I'm surprise this thread didn't get locked in addition to getting hidden.
Murman is offline Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Murman; Oct 14, 2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: added another thought
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:52 PM
AMA 910957
EJWash1's Avatar
United States, WA, Hoodsport
Joined Mar 2008
5,223 Posts
If you go to the home page, "Blogs" and the "Popular (7 days)", Terry's blog is there. Terry was on the home page promoting Plus, but not anymore.

Guess they'll give it a few weeks to see what the response is to Plus membership.

EJWash
EJWash1 is offline Find More Posts by EJWash1
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:58 PM
Santi
DaaBears's Avatar
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2003
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irun4fundotca View Post
well all in all im here for the hobby and the fun of it
for the most part i enjoy good converstations and learning from experienced hobbists and even not so experienced ones
the politics or legalities are not any of my concern
i have limited time on my hands, (compared to some).. to enjoy the hobby itself

the help i get from the sites members is much more than i have ever had from any other site
i have used!

i dont mind helping support it any way i can, as thats the way i look at the plus upgrade, it`s to help maintain the site more than them making profit from it
i could care less about any skin or optional features or blah blah blah it gives me
I tried to look into supporting it some way in the past and this wasnt a feasable option price wise until now

when i see someone with a plus status i just think to myself they really enjoy it too, and are happy to spend a little to help keep it! (and i do know thats not the case at this time because of nominated ones being active still...like mine)
and i intend to keep it just to help!
How did you get nominated for plus membership with less than 200 posts?
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suggestion RCG Plus is a minus Jacques Flambeau Site Suggestions / Complaints 1 Jun 27, 2012 09:32 AM
Bug RCG Plus "blog link" doesn't update -= GYRO =- Site Suggestions / Complaints 3 Jun 27, 2012 01:30 AM
Question RCG Plus Mark Wood Site Suggestions / Complaints 4 Jun 26, 2012 12:38 PM
Question RCG Plus concerns jcstalls Site Suggestions / Complaints 2 Jun 26, 2012 07:12 AM
Question Rcg + plus? BE77 Pilot Life, The Universe, and Politics 26 Jun 23, 2012 08:50 PM