Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:48 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato View Post
Perfect, thanks for posting the link.
The AR6400 and L were superseded with the DSMX compatible 6410 & 6410L.

The regular 6400 lives on at Target hobby for $20.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:35 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
While their 3D micro lineup remains small, just the hyper taxi thats a very niche product. They do have indoor planes to replace the ones you mentioned, the champ, the cub, the mustang the spit the sukhoi xp.
The beauty of flying inside is the fact that there's no wind so it's the best time to do 3D stuff. The Extra 300 was totally awesome for that and need to be replaced SOON. The 4-Site was ok. The Hyper Taxi is awesome, but very noisy and fragile. The Beast and Sbach need more than an indoor basketball court to be fun. All the other airplanes like the Champ, Cub, Spit, Sukhoi can and should be flown outside. After all, they don't mind a bit of wind and we need UMs to be able to fly near our home.

Truly, I was expecting Seth to come up with a replacement for the Extra 300. Don't care what it is, but indoor for me mean 3D (and not being a novelty). C'mon Horizon, are you waiting for somebody else to fill that nice slot that is now wide open since the Extra has been discontinued?
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:37 PM
It's Good to be Retired!
Oxford, MI
Joined Feb 2007
696 Posts
Amen Brother!
Jordonr is online now Find More Posts by Jordonr
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:53 AM
United Kingdom, England, Worcester
Joined May 2010
803 Posts
I came here to also express my disappointment that there is nothing to replace the Extra 300.

I currently have one which has a few battle scars and will eventually get a Dynamic Foamy, but the hassle of building it perfect each time is kind of annoying!
Add1ct3dd is offline Find More Posts by Add1ct3dd
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:02 AM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,367 Posts
Hopefully they will have some new product introductions at JR Indoor!
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:40 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,332 Posts
E-flite airplane search option, select 3D foamies = We have found 0 items that match your search criteria.

I think I'll go buy another 300 UMX on a LHS shelve somewhere just to keep handy. It's the best single basketball court flyer out there. I've tried other kits using the same guts but they don't compare. I wish they would come out with a slightly bigger brushless 180 version using the Beast V1 guts.

I hate to say it but Horizon tends to discontinue everything after a short period of time. I'm not sure what's behind this business model but even really good planes drop from the offering much too soon. I remember purchasing a bunch of models that used the park 300-400 motors in the early 2000's. Now I have motors and nothing to put them in. The BYP YAK, E-Flite Ultimate Fx 3D, and my all time favorite the E-Flite Tribute FX 3D. All gone but not forgotten. I know we were talking about smaller indoor planes but I had to vent
ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:38 AM
Little Rock, AR
Joined Nov 2005
254 Posts
Buy a Beast 3D.. and order a dw foamies 22" Juka at the same time. By the time you're done building the Juka, you will have torn up the Beast 3D.. transplant it all over the Juka.. and enjoy! LOL. at least thats what I did.
tware is offline Find More Posts by tware
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:17 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tware View Post
Buy a Beast 3D.. and order a dw foamies 22" Juka at the same time. By the time you're done building the Juka, you will have torn up the Beast 3D.. transplant it all over the Juka.. and enjoy! LOL. at least thats what I did.
or that threlon plane.......great idea
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:29 PM
Joined Oct 2010
107 Posts
I have to admit, I've noticed that it seems like Horizon has really started moving the "micro" airplanes into bigger and bigger planes. They almost seem to be abandoning those smaller indoor planes. For those of us that fly indoors in a single basketball court sized area, it's definitely a disappointment. I've really liked the 300 myself, and from what I've heard, it's supposedly been a pretty good seller, so I'm baffled by why they dropped it. I could see them making one that's an as3x version, but getting rid of the old version before the new one is ready is disappointing. (And I find the replacement airframe cost on the 300 to be pretty tough to swallow too. It's a shame, mine's beaten up enough that I'd consider buying a new airframe, but I feel what they charge without the electronics is just flat too much.)
cardsQC is offline Find More Posts by cardsQC
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:39 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
I think I'll go buy another 300 UMX on a LHS shelve somewhere just to keep handy. It's the best single basketball court flyer out there. I've tried other kits using the same guts but they don't compare. I wish they would come out with a slightly bigger brushless 180 version using the Beast V1 guts.
They came out with a bunch of very nice 2S motors (2300kv, 2500kv, 3000kv and 11750kv). So they have somebody onboard that is good at designing those small motors. I think it's time they start working on a 1S brushless motor for their future indoor airplanes! Those 2S are a bit big for small indoor place.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:46 AM
Joined Apr 2012
320 Posts
[QUOTE=RealGambler;23015093]They came out with a bunch of very nice 2S motors (2300kv, 2500kv, 3000kv and 11750kv). So they have somebody onboard that is good at designing those small motors. I think it's time they start working on a 1S brushless motor for their future indoor airplanes! Those 2S are a bit big for small indoor

Maybe a 1 cell edf jet
minimicrorc is offline Find More Posts by minimicrorc
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:19 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato View Post
Perfect, thanks for posting the link.
What is the difference between ar6400L and 6410? DSMX?

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:26 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
What is the difference between ar6400L and 6410? DSMX?

J
There's a 6410 and a 6410L, yep DSMX but they still work with DSM2 TXs.
TODD
I R Irv is offline Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:31 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R Irv View Post
There's a 6410 and a 6410L, yep DSMX but they still work with DSM2 TXs.
TODD
Wish I didn't buy 2 of the 6400L's for my foamy builds...could have upgraded to the 6410 for the same price. Also finding the long throw aileron servos is hard as they are discontinued. I am curious about the as3x spit board if it can be programmed and how it will do in the micro foamy builds. I have the USB programmer.

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:39 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
I am curious about the as3x spit board if it can be programmed and how it will do in the micro foamy builds. I have the USB programmer.

J
It's on the list of receivers that can be programmed, so odds are good. (PKZU2164)