HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:26 AM
United States, UT, Highland
Joined Jun 2006
1,189 Posts
Discussion
CellPro 10XP gets really warm on discharge

Well since I didn't get an answer in the existing 10XP thread, I'll start a new one.

Here's the basic question from that thread:

"Well I'd vote for the higher storage charge voltage since that's what I'm used to seeing with my Muti 4S on the smaller LiPo's but I just got into bigger electric powered stuff and bought two 10XP chargers. Trying to set a new pair of TP five cell 5000mah packs wired in series to the storage voltage the charger got pretty warm doing a discharge from 3.85 volts before I shut it off besides the time required and never did get to the 3.79 volts. How warm is this thing supposed to get on a discharge?"

I could have set something wrong but I just used the "storage charge" option and it went into a discharge mode. The case got warm enough you didn't want to grab the thing.....
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:16 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
Well since I didn't get an answer in the existing 10XP thread, I'll start a new one.

Here's the basic question from that thread:

"Well I'd vote for the higher storage charge voltage since that's what I'm used to seeing with my Muti 4S on the smaller LiPo's but I just got into bigger electric powered stuff and bought two 10XP chargers. Trying to set a new pair of TP five cell 5000mah packs wired in series to the storage voltage the charger got pretty warm doing a discharge from 3.85 volts before I shut it off besides the time required and never did get to the 3.79 volts. How warm is this thing supposed to get on a discharge?"

I could have set something wrong but I just used the "storage charge" option and it went into a discharge mode. The case got warm enough you didn't want to grab the thing.....
Hi:

"The case got warm enough you didn't want to grab the thing"

That sounds too warm. Are you sure the fan is operational? Please contact howard@fmadirect.com so you can discuss how to proceed.

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:04 AM
United States, UT, Highland
Joined Jun 2006
1,189 Posts
I'll go check it again but IIRC the fan was operational. I'll also check the manual, software setting and my wiring setup to make sure it's correct before I contact Howard.

Thanks Tim.....
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb