HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:29 AM
100mph club member
NW O-town
Joined Jun 2005
1,653 Posts
Discussion
Who Can I Give My Money To Other Than Hobby King?

I'm so tired of HK's bs! I love their selection and their prices, but everything else about them sucks. So I've officially boycotted them.

Can you give me any ideas on who is their "best competitor". Someone who has good prices, similar selections, etc.

I ended up getting my Quad Rotor from RCTimer.com . They had better prices and faster shipping for the quad rotor stuff I needed. Now I'm looking for online vendors who have stuff like good priced batteries, chargers, misc items, ESC's, motors, etc.

NOTE: Please don't make this an outright "I hate HK" thread. I want real alternatives here. Thanks.
turbodriven is offline Find More Posts by turbodriven
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:15 AM
Ireland, County Meath, Meath
Joined Oct 2008
86 Posts
You can give it to anyone you like it's your money. Perhaps you title should be, "How much more am I prepared to pay to buy from other than HK" I have not found anyone with a similar range yet.
Hi models sometimes have stuff a similar prices, but stock is always an issue.
I too get annoyed sometimes, I've been waiting for 3 weeks for one of my orders but that includes a free aeroplane :-)
The UK warehouse if great and quick delivery,
Seamus O'Leprosy is online now Find More Posts by Seamus O'Leprosy
Last edited by Seamus O'Leprosy; Oct 12, 2012 at 02:21 AM. Reason: additional information
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:14 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
OP it looks like you already have a good idea how this thread is going to end up.

For better or worse, I don't think you will find any entity with the depth and breadth of items that HK as, for the prices they have, in as many locations as they have. You will of course find one website with some better deals on say batteries, but their other stuff is more expensive, as well as shipping.

I'm not into quads but I'm sure there are plenty of places now that will sell stuff. You're just going to pay more (probably).

Valuehobby, Tower, Hobby Lobby, Horizon, Red Rocket are a few off the top of my head
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:27 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,918 Posts
You didn't mention if you were in the USA or not. Is that a concern for you?

If not, stand by. I am working on the answer to your question.

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:31 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
For motors , leadershobby.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:42 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,855 Posts
Paypal me, I'll order the stuff and ship it onto you. Well you did ask who you could give your money to.

Mark
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:32 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,918 Posts
Here are a couple for you. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post22990034
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Last edited by Murocflyer; Oct 13, 2012 at 10:37 AM.