SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:05 AM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted
United States, TX, Sweetwater
Joined Mar 2005
1,618 Posts
You can buy a Hobbico expanded scale voltmeter that will check the receiver, and transmitter battery.
challenger_i is offline Find More Posts by challenger_i
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:59 AM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,326 Posts
[QUOTE=RCdude7478;22985992]I don't think the Accu cycle will put a load on the pack though..
If my understanding is correct.. In most cases the battery will always take a charge, but once loaded or in flight they can just all of a sudden dump..[/QUOTE

That's why running a couple of full charge/discharge cycles on a pack will tell you whether it's safe to fly or not.
If your Accu-Cycle is the older unit, (not the Elite) then it's very simple to use. (I don't have one, or the instructions) On the receiver side, just set the number of cells in the battery, and the discharge rate you want to use, then press the button to start the cycle, when done it will display how many mA the battery provided. This tells you much more than the voltmeter with load will tell you. The loaded voltmeter is a very useful tool for checking the battery between flights to see if the charge level is good. The cycling does the same thing, but keeps the load on the battery until it poops out, and tell you how much capacity it provided.
Yes, you should get a decent loaded voltmeter, but take the time to read up on what the Accu-Cycle and run a couple of cycles on that battery.
Good luck,
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:36 PM
Joined Aug 2011
126 Posts
Great, pete thanks for the info...
RCdude7478 is offline Find More Posts by RCdude7478
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:56 AM
Joined Aug 2011
126 Posts
Thanks again everydayflyer ! I just received my banana jacks in the mail today.. Going to get going on this soon ...
RCdude7478 is offline Find More Posts by RCdude7478