HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:37 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2004
84 Posts
Rant
HK Singpost Speedpost EMS Express

RANT!!!!! Beware HobbyKing's Singpost Speedpost EMS Express shipping option.

More like SlowPost........... $75 worth of EMS Express shipping and a week later no package and a solidified status of "4/10/12 - Item in transit from origin" ..................... wth

The thing is only coming from HK to Australia! At worst in the past I've waited 5 days for EMS parcels to hit the country....

The tracking seems to have also dropped my name from the recipient field - which was there when the tracking activated on pickup.

Multiple calls to SingPost and all I can get is "I can see the item is in transit from origin sir" ......................... that's just great I can see that already. More phone calls and an admission that they don't know where it is....

All I can say is avoid like the plague - HK should grow a pair and drop them as a shipping option, after poking around the net there are a lot of complaints about this sort of behaviour from Singpost - on top of the complaints regarding the excessive amounts of damage to parcels and missing items.

HK EMS Express has been wonderful, it's a pity they no longer ship LIPOs. The Singpost alternative is NOT an option in my book.
RockApe is offline Find More Posts by RockApe
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:38 AM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
3,708 Posts
I have only shipped through the singpost ems once and that was enough for me. It took almost two weeks to get my stuff. I just order from the warehouse in the US or just not order anything I am in a hurry to receive. It sucks that the couriers are changing their rules all the time about lipo shipments etc. Hope you get your package soon!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:55 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2004
84 Posts
Thanks Cloudflying!

Unfortunately the story continues.....

I received an email from SpeedPost today containing an Australia Post tracking number! YAY!!!!!

Enter into the tracking system - the parcel has been in Australia since the 5th October and failed delivery and has now been returned to the sender....wth

I confirmed on the shipping invoice in my order that the address I supplied was correct - and it was. Australia Post say that half of the address was missing (Street number, street, suburb etc...) it only had my name and Level4?????

What is going on here? I have never had address issues with HK before.

There's something screwy here...

PayPal dispute was opened already so i've given them a week to resend this order before filing a claim.

The CS response has been horrid.

Word to the wise: pw-rc and rc-castle
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:28 AM
Heli nut
Australia, WA, Wembley Downs
Joined May 2005
434 Posts
Simple - The delivery docket may have been damaged in transit, leaving Australia post unable to deliver your package. NOT Hobbyking's fault sorry but stuff happens!

Now you'll have to wait for the package to be returned to HK by Aus post - be warned this will take a while - again not HK's fault.
Trexmad is offline Find More Posts by Trexmad
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:56 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2004
84 Posts
It may not be HK's fault - however they are responsible for following up on behalf of a customer with the mail carrier.........

I had to ring Speedpost 5 days in a row to get some traction as to where the parcel was (already returned at this point) I also requested that HK open an investigation with SpeedPost at this point as there was obviously something wrong...

They respond with wait 10-12 days first - well for an EMS Express parcel where turnarounds are quick this does not work!
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:39 AM
Heli nut
Australia, WA, Wembley Downs
Joined May 2005
434 Posts
EMS hands off to Australia post once the package arrives in Aus (through customs). Aus post aren't quick at anything - and that's why there's a 10-12 day delay......I'd be surprised if Australia post weren't just too lazy to deliver your package in the first place....Has happened to me before - I got a failed delivery note stuck in my mail box yet I was home all day that day.
Trexmad is offline Find More Posts by Trexmad
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:34 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,540 Posts
Sorry for your postage problem RockApe but i have to agree with Trexmad on this one,as it looks as though your parcel got to Oz ok and thats where all the problems started going by what you say,plus as Trex has said the label can get damaged and not easy to read properly,at least they returned it to sender better them do that and take a guess at where it should go,could you imagine if they gave it to some one else they thought it belonged too and it wasn't you.

I can see why you would be upset because i would too but this one isn't down to HK as the SP got it to your countries postal service and they are the ones who sent it back so it looks as though you will have to wait until HK gets it back.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz