Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:06 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop View Post
Did anyone notice the question mark?

No one comments on what this fellow said, just attack the messenger, without understanding the thread title is a question. Is he saying vote for Romney or else you risk being fired if you vote for Obama? I think that is his message.

My concern is not that he can actually compel anyone to vote any way, as he cannot find out how they voted unless they volunteer it to him, but the hubris of such blather seems to show how some see themselves in this country. Narcissism coupled with megalomania. It goes hand in hand with the "most expensive" house and the trophy wife.
He did not threaten people who didn't vote "his way". He simply pointed out that Obamanomics, if Obama is re-elected, will fundamentally change the nature of his business to where he will have to lay people off in order to maintain the health of the company.
If Obama would accept maintaining the economic health of this country anywhere near as seriously as does Siegel accept maintaining the health of his company, then this discussion would never have happened.

Sounds to me like you're beginning to see a Capitalist under every rock.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:10 AM
Bagpipes spoken here
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Aug 2007
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
Actually if I find out anyone working for me voted for Obama I would fire them immediately.

It's one thing to have a different political belief, left right or center. Of that I have no problem. But Obama is none of those. He wants to destroy the country. So voting for him is basically treason.
Some people on this board are simply... unbelievable.
Pipemajor is offline Find More Posts by Pipemajor
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:28 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
Actually ,he's pretty close to being spot on.Treason might be bit a stretch ,but a vote for Obammy this go around would not serve this country well.Mind you ,,,,,,,i don't think Mitt would be much better ,but at least his track record as a businessman has been somewhat successful.Just about everything Obammy has touched has turned to feces.This go around the country desperately needs some of that "hope and change " promised last go around ,only this time the hope is the change we see is Obammy out of the White House.
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:29 AM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,628 Posts
Quote:
NO, the track record of the current occupant of the Whitehouse is "simply... unbelievable.".
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:32 AM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
on a boat on the river cam
Joined Jan 2005
608 Posts
Such hatred for one man.
All rather amusing.

Its a bit like when my daughters were little and used to be told off for something and responded with "I HATE YOU!!!"

Rather difficult to keep a straight face.
Punkie is offline Find More Posts by Punkie
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:43 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie View Post
Such hatred for one man.
All rather amusing.

Its a bit like when my daughters were little and used to be told off for something and responded with "I HATE YOU!!!"

Rather difficult to keep a straight face.
I don't "hate" the man,I just don't much care for the direction he has led my country in the past four years.Its time for a change in direction.Seems to me ,it wasn't all that long ago ,we on this side of the pond sat back ,amused be your countrymens political ramblings...turn about is fair play
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:47 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
He did not threaten people who didn't vote "his way". He simply pointed out that Obamanomics, if Obama is re-elected, will fundamentally change the nature of his business to where he will have to lay people off in order to maintain the health of the company.
If Obama would accept maintaining the economic health of this country anywhere near as seriously as does Siegel accept maintaining the health of his company, then this discussion would never have happened.

Sounds to me like you're beginning to see a Capitalist under every rock.
You really have no idea about Siegel, try reading his rags to riches to rags story at the link. He is a moron when it comes to money, if he starts firing people, it will be because he spent all his money himself, on baubles and furs and Miss America pageants. His wife helps with the spending.

Further proof, if a liberal brings something to the forum, you are on the other side, regardless....
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:47 AM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,909 Posts
Quote:
There is simply not one single valid and factual reason to vote for Obama, by any American interested in protecting the constitution or the country's sovereignty.

He is attempting to dismantle the country and reassemble it into his twisted idealogical view of what it should be.

He has screwed everyone. Left, right, center, you name it. He has failed by every measurable. He has done the exact opposite of everything he promised. Anyone that is still voting for Obama at this point is either:

1. Not paying attention to what he's doing
2. Mentally challenged
3. Wants America to fail as a sovereign nation

Since #2 is sort of tongue in cheek, it's most likely 1 or 3. I don't want people who are ignorant or treasonous working at my company.
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:52 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
There is simply not one single valid and factual reason to vote for Obama, by any American interested in protecting the constitution or the country's sovereignty.

He is attempting to dismantle the country and reassemble it into his twisted idealogical view of what it should be.

He has screwed everyone. Left, right, center, you name it. He has failed by every measurable. He has done the exact opposite of everything he promised. Anyone that is still voting for Obama at this point is either:

1. Not paying attention to what he's doing
2. Mentally challenged
3. Wants America to fail as a sovereign nation

Since #2 is sort of tongue in cheek, it's most likely 1 or 3. I don't want people who are ignorant or treasonous working at my company.
You got this up on the company bulletin board yet?
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:57 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
I would't work for someone that blinkered or intransigent - employment is a two way street and Billy simply couldn't afford my services - simples
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:06 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop View Post
You really have no idea about Siegel, try reading his rags to riches to rags story at the link. He is a moron when it comes to money, if he starts firing people, it will be because he spent all his money himself, on baubles and furs and Miss America pageants. His wife helps with the spending.

He must not have been too much of a moron ,or he wouldn't have amassed the fortune in the first place.

By your metric ,I must be a moron as well...amassing a small fortune in a relatively short period of time and then spending a portion of it on things that give me pleasure ...or is that not allowed?Whats the point ,if you can't /aren't allowed to enjoy the fruits ?
I'd considered opening/starting my own business,but under the present political/economic climate have decided to wait until after the election ,whether to proceed .If Obammy is re-elected ,West Va will just have to do without at least one more new employer for 4 more years.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:09 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiozz View Post
He must not have been too much of a moron ,or he wouldn't have amassed the fortune in the first place.

By your metric ,I must be a moron as well...amassing a small fortune in a relatively short period of time and then spending a portion of it on things that give me pleasure ...or is that not allowed?Whats the point ,if you can't /aren't allowed to enjoy the fruits ?
I'd considered opening/starting my own business,but under the present political/economic climate have decided to wait until after the election ,whether to proceed .If Obammy is re-elected ,West Va will just have to do without at least one more new employer for 4 more years.

B/S

Sorry - I mean 'utter' B/S

The election of either man will have no bearing on the viability of a business plan by you or anyone else - yer just sounding off (I'm surmising here you understand - you may actually believe what you wrote but.....) ain't yah
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:16 AM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,868 Posts
Quote:

Further proof, if a liberal brings something to the forum, you are on the other side, regardless....
He's not threatening to fire people based on how they vote. He telling them how the business environment that Obama is creating will force him to make business choices that will affect their jobs.
Something that is lost on Liberals is that businesses are not in business to provide people with jobs, they are in business to make a profit.

If he spends 90% of his money on women, booze & cars (and wastes the other 10%) that's nobody's business but HIS.

Who? in their right mind would rather see the government confiscate a private citizens wealth and property, to be truly wasted, than have that individual enjoy their own success?

BTW - I did read up on this guy and read the entire letter he wrote to his employees.
Boogie_ is online now Find More Posts by Boogie_
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:17 AM
Smoke & Fire
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2001
215 Posts
this guy is an absolute genius and should be applauded for his letter. we need more patriotic Americans like him. More jobs for all.
Naja Kaouthia is offline Find More Posts by Naja Kaouthia
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:25 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
B/S

Sorry - I mean 'utter' B/S

The election of either man will have no bearing on the viability of a business plan by you or anyone else - yer just sounding off (I'm surmising here you understand - you may actually believe what you wrote but.....) ain't yah
Wrong sir.As a new business employing a minimium of 5 new workers under obamacare I will by gov't decree be forced to shell out additional monies for their healthcare or pay a substantial penalty ...healthcare is not a right ,it is a responsibilty each person should own up to as individuals,..being forced to provide it for employees is the true BS>If the gov't wants everyone to have access to affordable healthcare ,let them provide it in the form of medicare/medicade as they already do for millions on welfare and SSi. .If Obammy is re-elected ,Obamacare will become permanent .Under Mitt it will eventually disappear .This election will affect the bottom line of every business old or new alike.
Last edited by daddiozz; Oct 11, 2012 at 07:38 AM.