HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:39 PM
Yeah, I can CRA$H that!
United States, GA, Dallas
Joined Dec 2010
141 Posts
Help!
70mm EDF motor mount

I have a spare Dynam 70mm EDF motor that I would like to use on some kind of scratch build in the future. I'm looking for suggestions on how I would mount this unit to the plane. I also would like to know if there is a nacelle out there that I can use? If not, any ideas on building a nacelle/ housing out of the pink or blue foam? All ideas are welcome.
Thanks,
Mike
thndr1mj is offline Find More Posts by thndr1mj
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:13 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,719 Posts
You can fabricate some mounting tabs from plywood or carbon fiber, and epoxy them your housing if there are no tabs.
Incorporate some mounting rails into the airframe for the tabs to screw into.

It the airframe is foam and the area where the EDF sits is round and matches the dia of the EDF. You can simply glue it with RTV Silicone adhesive. use just 3 small dabs to glue it. one under the fan and two at the sides. If you need to remove the fan at a later time, you can easily slice the RTV with a hobby knive on the sides, and just pull the fan out. The bottom "Dab" may pull a biy of foam with it.
This gluing method will be plenty strong enough for any 70mm EDF.
The Dynam EDF has mounting tabs...Just make some wood rails for your jet
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Last edited by efflux RC; Oct 10, 2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:06 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,261 Posts
Here's a Lacelle that fits over the unit after it's mounted. I wanted ones from like a A-10 Warthog or something like that, but this is the best I could find that was in stock.

http://www.effluxrc.com/Nacelle-WMNAC.htm

Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk