SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by caop4life, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:57 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Question
apprentice 15e vs. super cup lp

which trainer is better? apprentice 15e vs. super cup lp? I'm a beginner and i don't have an instructor, so which is the plane for me? if both of these planes are not sufficient to my needs, what is? thanks a lot...
caop4life is offline Find More Posts by caop4life
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:15 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,111 Posts
Thats a complicated answer.

The super cub is probably your best plane to start with with no experience. Its only a 3 channel (throttle, elevator and rudder) so it will me much easier to fly and will be more self correcting. Now its not going to be able to do lots of aerobatics like a normal 4 channel plane but its not meant to. Its meant be a good starter plane that you can put floats on and learn to fly off water as well.

The apprentice is a great plane to start with IF you have some experience with planes or on a simulator. It makes an awesome second or third plane to play with. It does have ailerons so you are able to roll the plane over. its not forgiving as a starter plane but thats why its a good second plane.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I have been selling planes for the better part of 8 years. I have a lot of information/opinions about almost every RTF/ARF plane built in the last decade. But you know what they say about opinions, everyone has one.

Adam
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by verticalspark; Oct 11, 2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:43 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
thanks so much for your support! ill think about getting the super cub then!
caop4life is offline Find More Posts by caop4life
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:54 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,111 Posts
another one to consider is the Firebird Stratos. Its supposed to be a great trainer and a very calm flyer.
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Shooting my AR pistol